Merged: Giants Fan Giveing Info On Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Giants Fan Giveing Info On Allen

Sam Madison was awesome, he is just getting too old and doesnt fit well in sabans system. When he was in his prime though he kicked arse. I think Allen will be an upgrade at this point though.

SR 7 said:
ill take taht then madison taht couldn't get an INT for 3 yrs or 2 yrs. AT LEAST ALLEN was in position for INT's where as MAdison never was.
What!?

Sam was our best corner last year...by a wide margin. He was also our best corner during the 4-12 year.

Sam allowed 2 TD's this season. He did'nt make as many plays as he has in the past (during his All Pro years) but he was STELLAR in coverage and his supposed "weakness" against the run was overrated, considering teams ran it to the other side of the field at almost a 2 to 1 margin.

I like the fact that Will Allen was signed. He gives us depth at the position. Anyone thinking he is an UPGRADE over Sam Madison is dillusional though.

We need him to work with Charlie Bagget for alittle while! :wink:
I think he is great for Saban's system and I think he will be a great player for the Dolphins.

Catching is just a matter of focus. It is not like he has stone hands, he just doesnt concentrate enough, and I don't think playing for Tom C. in NYC makes pressure any easier when you were supposed to be a cornerstone of the franchise.

I think he is a great addition.

Allen is younger and faster. He is a good trade for Madison, but Sam was no slouch. He made a ton of good tackles last year and he was great, as usual, in coverage.

Maybe Allen gets so many tackles cause his assignments catch the ball on him?

2xBlown said:
Allen is younger and faster. He is a good trade for Madison, but Sam was no slouch. He made a ton of good tackles last year and he was great, as usual, in coverage.

Maybe Allen gets so many tackles cause his assignments catch the ball on him?

I really thought Madison step up his play last year, especially tackling. I don't have the numbers but seem to see Sam making so nice tackles at big points last year and in previous years Sam didn't do that.

When started flapping his gums about not being here last season that didn't help his situation. Saban doesn't like anything being said about his team that doesn't come out of his mouth. I loved Madison but his time had come, he needed to go. I was worried about the CB position but Allen will be an upgrade just in the fact that he is faster.

Saban can teach the game and that is a huge advantage that a lot of other coaches can't say. Even with all the crap going around about how Allen gets burned and dropps a lot of ints., that can be corrected. With this kind of post about his mistakes there is also just as many post about how the talent is there. Saban should be able to turn him around and then Capers now running the Defense he can put Allen in schemes that best suits his skills.

We'll be ok, what has Saban done to make us think that he can't. Can't wait for the draft because Saban's knock down a lot of weak areas that needed address so far in free agency. If Peterson signs tomorrow or with Miami in the end look for OL or C to be addressed right off the bat. QB or WR in the 3 rd and then best available through out the rest. Don't think we have been to eager to sign a WR in a very off year of FA WR. Lot's of better options that are much youner in the draft. We could be a lot of fun to watch this year. Feels good for a change. WE GOT A QB..., whens the last time we have been able say that. I can definately say that you can tell other teams are taking notice if nothing else. If PEPP is able to play and at the level of a couple years ago this will be great.

Gotta feel god for Chambers, McMichael and also Ronnie. He might of just had the biggest weight lifted of off his shoulders and the season might be a lot of fun for him knowing that he doesn't have to be the man. He will be very important in or offense but with Pepp they can't key on him and instead they MUST on PEPP. Glad he's on own team.

Hi, I'm a Giants fan, and I just saw you guys sign W.Allen. I thought I come here to give you fokes some info on the player you just got. I know I like it when people do it for us. Anyway here we go.

PROS: Allen is a very fast CB and he can cover man to man alot better then most Giants fans like to admit. Allen can/has gone weeks without geting burned. He can do this even up against elite WRs. He is a very good tackler in run support, and has a good attitude/work ethic.

CONS: Allen is a horrible leaper, and never plays a jump ball at its highest point. As I said Will can go weeks without geting beat, but for whatever reason 1-2 times a year. Allen gets his *** handed to him, and he will look just completely lost. This tends to make Giants fans think he worse then he really is. The games he gets smoked in just tend to stick out in peoples minds because when he stinks he really stinks. There is also one other problem with his cover skills, he can't catch. Dont think I'am overstating this. HE CAN NOT CATCH!!! Beg him, coach him, or pray for him none of it will help. Allen would be a HOF CB if he could catch. He gets his hands on about 5-8 easy INTs a year, but he is lucky if he holds onto one. Finaly Will does get banged up a bit, but he is not one of them always injured guys. So its just a minor worry.

thanks for the info..

i can get over the int thing as long as he continues to deflect

You say good man to man cover, what about zone packages?

GiantsFanMan said:
Hi, I'm a Giants fan, and I just saw you guys sign W.Allen. I thought I come here to give you fokes some info on the player you just got. I know I like it when people do it for us. Anyway here we go.

PROS: Allen is a very fast CB and he can cover man to man alot better then most Giants fans like to admit. Allen can/has gone weeks without geting burned. He can do this even up against elite WRs. He is a very good tackler in run support, and has a good attitude/work ethic.

CONS: Allen is a horrible leaper, and never plays a jump ball at its highest point. As I said Will can go weeks without geting beat, but for whatever reason 1-2 times a year. Allen gets his *** handed to him, and he will look just completely lost. This tends to make Giants fans think he worse then he really is. The games he gets smoked in just tend to stick out in peoples minds because when he stinks he really stinks. There is also one other problem with his cover skills, he can't catch. Dont think I'm a overstating this. HE CAN NOT CATCH!!! Beg him, coach him, or pray for him none of it will help. Allen would be a HOF CB if he could catch. He gets his hands on about 5-8 easy INTs a year, but he is lucky if he holds onto one. Finaly Will does get banged up a bit, but he is not one of them always injured guys. So its just a minor worry.

thanks for the insight, and the very honest evaluation.

I live in NJ and see a lot of will allen thats a pretty fair assessment of him. And he's not kidding about his inability to catch a ball, guy has feet for hands, as does the entire giants secondary.

That being said his speed and tackling is a welcomed addition to our secondary that is finally starting to take shape, and I'm real glad hes on board.

GiantsFanMan said:

CONS: Allen is a horrible leaper, and never plays a jump ball at its highest point. As I said Will can go weeks without geting beat, but for whatever reason 1-2 times a year. Allen gets his *** handed to him, and he will look just completely lost. This tends to make Giants fans think he worse then he really is. The games he gets smoked in just tend to stick out in peoples minds because when he stinks he really stinks. There is also one other problem with his cover skills, he can't catch. Dont think I'am overstating this. HE CAN NOT CATCH!!! Beg him, coach him, or pray for him none of it will help. Allen would be a HOF CB if he could catch. He gets his hands on about 5-8 easy INTs a year, but he is lucky if he holds onto one. Finaly Will does get banged up a bit, but he is not one of them always injured guys. So its just a minor worry.
Never good to see more CONS than PROS but maybe with a little coaching and a lil bit of the Manuel Wright treatment Saban can teach this guy catching give em a big tube of Stick `Em i dunno!!

GiantsFanMan said:

Nice post.

I guess we in essence "traded" CB's this offseason.
Enjoy Madison.

Back
Top Bottom