Merged: Giants Fan Giveing Info On Allen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Giants Fan Giveing Info On Allen

I would rather have Allen bobbling a few gimme interceptions then getting flat out beaten like Reggie Howard over and over. Getting INTs is just a matter of focusing and concentrating on looking the ball all the way in (something Randy M and CC sometimes forget to do as well). We are building depth in our secondary and I think Nick will get us another d-back soon through FA or the draft. Our secondary is a lot like our O-line last year....lots of potential but it takes time to gel together...we will be ok. :tongue:

a some ppl here are tlken like madison was a scrub an you cant say he wasnt a decent cover guy an would have been nice to see him take a pay cut an be our veteran at CB

From what I've been reading this kid has a lot of potential hopefully we can compliment him with a good safety like... Huff.

Thanks for the return info on Sam. Hopfully he can teach are younger guys a thing or two at least. Maybe get us a pick or two. To give ya a idea our CBs as a unit only had 2 all year long. So any extra picks help us alot. The penalty thing is kinda scary however lol.

GiantsFanMan said:
Thanks for the return info on Sam. Hopfully he can teach are younger guys a thing or two at least. Maybe get us a pick or two. To give ya a idea our CBs as a unit only had 2 all year long. So any extra picks help us alot. The penalty thing is kinda scary however lol.

If that's the case Sam might not get a lot but atleast should hold his own while your other CB can get help from S. That alone make Madison a good get in NY.

IAFINFAN said:
If that's the case Sam might not get a lot but atleast should hold his own while your other CB can get help from S. That alone make Madison a good get in NY.
sam will teach i read a article in si years ago on pat surtain telling how sam helped his game out a lot like simple stuff wr's do too tip off his route and some other cover stuff. anyways that will allen stuff made me happy thanks guys and kudos to the giants this year. welcome will allen hopefully saban knows some catching drills to help him out. saban is a defensive back guru. miami is looking good.:tongue:

GiantsFanMan said:
Hi, I'm a Giants fan, and I just saw you guys sign W.Allen. I thought I come here to give you fokes some info on the player you just got. I know I like it when people do it for us. Anyway here we go.

PROS: Allen is a very fast CB and he can cover man to man alot better then most Giants fans like to admit. Allen can/has gone weeks without geting burned. He can do this even up against elite WRs. He is a very good tackler in run support, and has a good attitude/work ethic.

CONS: Allen is a horrible leaper, and never plays a jump ball at its highest point. As I said Will can go weeks without geting beat, but for whatever reason 1-2 times a year. Allen gets his *** handed to him, and he will look just completely lost. This tends to make Giants fans think he worse then he really is. The games he gets smoked in just tend to stick out in peoples minds because when he stinks he really stinks. There is also one other problem with his cover skills, he can't catch. Dont think I'am overstating this. HE CAN NOT CATCH!!! Beg him, coach him, or pray for him none of it will help. Allen would be a HOF CB if he could catch. He gets his hands on about 5-8 easy INTs a year, but he is lucky if he holds onto one. Finaly Will does get banged up a bit, but he is not one of them always injured guys. So its just a minor worry.
Welcome to our board and thanks for the info and for not talking smack...you seem very cool and good luck to you guys next season.

Ozzy rules!!

Thanks for the info on Allen. Sort of backs up what I've read, heard, and seen of him.

He seems to have more trouble with the smallish, quick type guys like Moss and Smith. But he seems to be a big time get for us as long as we aren't looking for a ton of game changing plays from him.

I can't wait for the first time I'm watching game channel on NFL.com (yeah it sucks not having Directv) :( and read, Will Allen interception. Hopefully he can learn to catch the ball a little better this time around.

Thanks for the info GiantsFanMan, it really is appreciated, particularly that you covered both Pros and Cons. The normal tendency is to visit the other teams board and harp on them by saying thanks for taking this guy off our hands while pointing out only the weaknesses etc. etc.

Nice post

GiantsFanMan said:
Hi, I'm a Giants fan, and I just saw you guys sign W.Allen. I thought I come here to give you fokes some info on the player you just got. I know I like it when people do it for us. Anyway here we go.

PROS: Allen is a very fast CB and he can cover man to man alot better then most Giants fans like to admit. Allen can/has gone weeks without geting burned. He can do this even up against elite WRs. He is a very good tackler in run support, and has a good attitude/work ethic.

CONS: Allen is a horrible leaper, and never plays a jump ball at its highest point. As I said Will can go weeks without geting beat, but for whatever reason 1-2 times a year. Allen gets his *** handed to him, and he will look just completely lost. This tends to make Giants fans think he worse then he really is. The games he gets smoked in just tend to stick out in peoples minds because when he stinks he really stinks. There is also one other problem with his cover skills, he can't catch. Dont think I'am overstating this. HE CAN NOT CATCH!!! Beg him, coach him, or pray for him none of it will help. Allen would be a HOF CB if he could catch. He gets his hands on about 5-8 easy INTs a year, but he is lucky if he holds onto one. Finaly Will does get banged up a bit, but he is not one of them always injured guys. So its just a minor worry.

I appreciate your post and info:dolphins:

I like what this Giants fan had to say about Will Allen.
he had a 6-game stretch last season where he was close to lock down. Demonstrated that he can do it. And although most of his pass deflections are "should've been" INTs, he is among the league leaders in passes defensed.

He needs some coaching to bring out those good habits more consistantly.

Like the Giants fan said he proved he CAN do it for a stretch.

I'll take solid coverage and deflected passes...however turnovers change games. If Saban can get him to catch...it would be great. I remember Welker saying that Saban made him practice catching punt returns and kickoffs single-handed, with one-hand behind his back, while other coaches were talking / screaming and throwing other stuff around him to make him focus even more on the catch, single-handed at that.

Maybe he needs glasses to see the ball better. Then he'll catch it. This is an upgrade at this stage in both guys' careers imo.

Back
Top Bottom