MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin

This is a very good signing..If Feeley goes down, we have an excellent back up...All he has to do now is learn the timing of his receivers...

Excellent stuff.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He must of got what he wanted, playing hardball with the Denver trip!

Yeah I thought rsigning Sage and not signing Frerrotte meant we could be drafting qb at 2, but now I dont think that is what Saban has planned. RB seems the logical choice. But who knows what Saban is thinking.

Just heard it on the radio as well.

This is a very good move for the following simple reasons:

A. We need a solid veteran backup who can jump in at a moment's notice.

B. Frerotte is ideal b/c he will immediately know the offense.

C. Feeley will take some time to learn the offense. Remember last year? He was very slow about picking things up. There is no certainty that Feeley will be able to immediately pick it up - Frerotte may, in fact, beat him out.

D. A rookie or Rosenfels would be unlikely to be competition for Feeley.

Buddwalk said:
Atleast we got a qb that knows the system...he wont start however...The Job is Feeleys

NOONE has deemed Feeley the definite starter. Not saying he won't be the starter. But don't be surprised if/ when he is not. Linehan wanted Frerotte here for a reason. And it wasn't to sit the bench... I think Feeley may learn BEHIND Gus. It's a real possibility.

Can't wait till training camp starts...QB controversy anyone?? Yeah...what else is new?

SCall13 said:
NOONE has deemed Feeley the definite starter. Not saying he won't be the starter. But don't be surprised if/ when he is not. Linehan wanted Frerotte here for a reason. And it wasn't to sit the bench... I think Feeley may learn BEHIND Gus. It's a real possibility.

Saban said AJ will get his shot to keep teh starting position. I believe you are right that Linehan wants Gus, he feels that Gus can start if AJ doesnt cut it. He has alot of faith in Gus from what has been written.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Yep.

The Feeley haters are gonna soon be starting the "I hate Saban" threads...

Why?

First off- Frerotte may start, not Feeley.

Second- They could still draft a QB and then cut Sage at the end of the preseason. He only signed a one-year deal.

SCall13 said:

What is it with you guys...

Click the link and read the first line 3 or 4 times. Let it sink in.

Back
Top Bottom