MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin

jaxdolfan said:
So at least answer this, if it is FRERotte, why do they say FERrotte? Dont get me started on FARve either.

:lol: Yeah. How come it's not Fay-ver?

Good, solid backup signing. :up:

I'm still befuddled that we signed Sage, and I'm thinking my Alex Smith at #2 dream is dead. :cry:

Oh well ... it's Ronnie Brown time! :D

DonShula84 said:
Give him a little competition ? Yes, win the job? no. Good signing my Saban. That is my opinion of the situation atleast.

A. It is true that Frerotte is not expected to be the starter. But, I don't think Feeley is the bonafide starter entering camp. He'll get a real shot but there won't be any favoritism. If Frerotte plays well and Feeley does not - Saban will give the job to him, not Feeley.

B. On all the points about QB controversy -- There should always be a QB controversy until one guy shows that he can compete effectively an entire season. Feeley has not done this yet. Potential? Yes. Potential to bomb? Yes.

I'm not opposed to Feeley - I hope he can be an excellent QB. But, there are still several ?????'s about him. Anyone who doesn't think so is blinded by their bias.

I think this gives us great options for this year. In preseaon im sure Gus will work with feeley on the offense.

I dont see us drafting a QB this year now. This gives us a chance to test out Feeley this year. If he cant carry the load and Saban doesnt like what he sees, then Frerotte will keep up pretty competitive. Then we can draft a qb next year.

jaxdolfan said:
OH, and this board is over moderated.

Very true. There are a lot of Non-Mods who like to do a lot of thread policing. These are the same kind of people who become cops because they were losers in high school.

I'm not opposed to Feeley - I hope he can be an excellent QB. But, there are still several ?????'s about him. Anyone who doesn't think so is blinded by their bias.

No doubt about it. But we should find out if those ?????????'s can finally be dispelled once and for all. Feeley NEEDS to play. He NEEDS reps. Knowing he's the guy should also boost his confidence level. We invested a 2nd rounder and a decent amount of money in Feeley- let's find out if he's our QB. We're not a SB contender this year no matter what some of you would like to believe.

Jnaledu3 said:
Why?

First off- Frerotte may start, not Feeley.

Second- They could still draft a QB and then cut Sage at the end of the preseason. He only signed a one-year deal.

this is about right. Frerrote has been under Linehan for a couple of years now. Anyone predicting Frerrote as a backup must think twice (if you think at all).

See, Saban does realize that we needed to address the offense as well. :lol: Now, if we can only get Plaxico, Edge, trade Surtain, get Jones and draft the fifteen different guys I want...we will be set!

FireWrongstedt said:
No doubt about it. But we should find out if those ?????????'s can finally be dispelled once and for all. Feeley NEEDS to play. He NEEDS reps. Knowing he's the guy should also boost his confidence level. We invested a 2nd rounder and a decent amount of money in Feeley- let's find out if he's our QB. We're not a SB contender this year no matter what some of you would like to believe.

Agree completely. I'm all for giving him a solid chance. It is also a good point that we should find out about him since we will not win anything this year.

If we go 8-8, I'll actually be content. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Back
Top Bottom