MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Gus Frerotte a phin

Jnaledu3 said:
Why?

First off- Frerotte may start, not Feeley.

Second- They could still draft a QB and then cut Sage at the end of the preseason. He only signed a one-year deal.

Possible but I think it's unlikely.

rickeyrunsover said:
Saban said AJ will get his shot to keep teh starting position. I believe you are right that Linehan wants Gus, he feels that Gus can start if AJ doesnt cut it. He has alot of faith in Gus from what has been written.

True....it will be an interesting development for sure. I just don't want a crazy QB controversy. I hope it's decided early which way they'll go so whoever it is will get the majority of the snaps and so on and carry it into the season. (Unlike last years craziness)

gator_sensation said:
We have had a QB controversy ever since Marino retired. Don't yah just love the QB drama every preseason?!

NO!!!!!
Its getting old :mad:

Give the guy a break..... he was probably typing when the other thread was posted. Check the times before you post your "holier than thou" responses.

the three are good enought for this year, if one does not show he is a starter, then we know for a big move next year

SCall13 said:
Linehan wanted Frerotte here for a reason. And it wasn't to sit the bench... I think Feeley may learn BEHIND Gus. It's a real possibility.

He wanted him because he is a good backup and already knows the offense. Having a qb on the team who already knows the offense means he can hopefully speed up AJ learning process by helping him out. Frerotte wasn't brought in with the hope that he'd beat AJ out. Give him a little competition ? Yes, win the job? no. Good signing my Saban. That is my opinion of the situation atleast.

jaxdolfan said:
There goes the ability to bluff picking QB at #2.

Why? What has signing the vet QB Saban said he would sign all along have to do with the draft?

The answer is nothing.

A.J will be the starter and treated as such throughout TC. Saban said that he wanted a "Veteran backup" and now he has one. So we can stop with the QB contreversy thiing.

So at least answer this, if it is FRERotte, why do they say FERrotte? Dont get me started on FARve either.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
What is it with you guys...

Click the link and read the first line 3 or 4 times. Let it sink in.

Didn't see anywhere in that article that GUARANTEED Feeley will start. I personally don't believe Saban will start an inferior player. SO if Frerotte beats out Feeley in a fair competition for the job, Gus will start. I'm not a big Frerotte fan so I'm not playing favorites here. It's just the way it should be. Saban is a competitor and will play the better player. Just my opinion.

SCall13 said:
True....it will be an interesting development for sure. I just don't want a crazy QB controversy. I hope it's decided early which way they'll go so whoever it is will get the majority of the snaps and so on and carry it into the season. (Unlike last years craziness)

Exactly. After the s--t we had to endure last year, the last thing I want is another QB controversy. Feeley should go in to camp as the lead horse, and start the season- if he falters, then go to Frerotte. But Saban should name a starter going into camp- no competition. The team needs to know who the #1 guy is, and we have to see if Feeley has what it takes once and for all to start in this league. The only way I start Frerotte is if he outplays Feeley to the point where it just can't be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom