Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired.

I agree with everyone else, I am a big fan of Reynolds. I hope the truth comes out eventually, I'd like to know the reason for this.

23Ronnie23 said:
Is it true? An why him? He was the best guy ob baseball tonight and i read an article saying that he got fired for undisclosed reasons. They let Michael Irvin do crack and continue to be part of ESPN but a class act like Harold gets fired.

I never liked Harold.....he never ever says anything bad about Barry Bonds or questions his use of steroids. He also has never criticizes baseball players for taking steroids and always says it is the Commissioner's fault or owner's fault for not testing players.

Ray Finkle said:
I'm sure Reynolds did something to get fired. I doubt ESPN would fire the guy, especially considering he was a minority and was actually good at what he did, for no reason.

If they wanted to cut the dead weight from the program get rid of Chris Farley, I mean John Kruk.

I'm sure FOX will pick him up by the end of the week, it's just too bad because he knows the game and being on TV for one day (Saturday) isn't good enough for a guy that talented.

Should Harold get a "free pass" just because he is a minority?? :confused: If you suck at your job (and you are a minority) you should not be fired???

Roman529 said:
I never liked Harold.....he never ever says anything bad about Barry Bonds or questions his use of steroids. He also has never criticizes baseball players for taking steroids and always says it is the Commissioner's fault or owner's fault for not testing players.

It is their fault. They wouldn't have taken roids had they been tested/

I liked Harold. Sucks to see him go. I'd like to know why.

Roman529 said:
Should Harold get a "free pass" just because he is a minority?? :confused: If you suck at your job (and you are a minority) you should not be fired???

that's not what he's saying, he said they wouldn't fire him for no reason. This has nothing to do with a free pass.

NMNB said:

SMH, this would probably be the only way that ESPN would come out and say Harold is "fired". I mean, even if you do bad, they will come and say "just resign" or something of that nature, but to come out and say "Harold Reynolds fired", sexual harrassment sounds very possible . . and most likely, multiple offenses. Thats why I try not to talk to no females at the job, they talk to you and give you one idea, and before you know it, you getting grilled about sexual harrassment . . and women have all the rights when it comes to that, if they even think you looked at them in a way thats other than hello, they can report you and thats it. ESPN I seriously doubt will say what happened, but I would bet on this as well.

Its a shame, because Harold was the best baseball analysist ESPN had, and with Peter Gammons down you know Harold must of had this comming with multiple chances.

They just updated that article and said sexual harrasment had nothing to do with it!

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/top/was-this-why-harold-got-the-axe-189733.php

Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

We'll find out soon enough!

Roman529 said:

No not at all. What I'm saying (and I apologize if this comes out wrong) is is that Harold in all likelyhood did something wrong. There's no way ESPN or any company would fire someone for no reason because they risk tons of bad press and potential law suits (that's just how America).

Back
Top Bottom