Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Harold Reynolds Fired.

I have to be honest, when I saw this ealrier today, the first thought that popped into my head was Sexual Harassment. I don't know why, but it just did. Seeing these e-mails, even if they are made up, kind of hammers home the point.

In the end though, who cares right? He will get another job (probably with FOX) and all will be forgiven.

the guy knew nothing about baseball unless it was the yankees / soxs

Roman529 said:
Should Harold get a "free pass" just because he is a minority?? :confused: If you suck at your job (and you are a minority) you should not be fired???
Yeah you should, but in today's day and age, minorities always have an advantage. What do you think affirmative action is? What about companies that have quotas? It's racism. But it's ok, because it's only racism against white people.

The fact is, it's very difficult to fire minorities these days. That isn't the way it "should" be, but that's the way it is.

Perfect23 said:
Steve phillips yup that guys an idiot.
I dont know why anyone would hire fired GMs to give their opinions (ex: Rick Spielman and Steve Phillips). Why would anyone listen to the stupidity from those two guys. There is a reason they got fired.

Apparently the word going around is the HR got fired because he got into a huge heated arguement with the producers on Baseball Tonight over the whole ARod coverage and HR was defending ARod saying it was dumb to keep playing it up and up.

If that's the case than ESPN should hire the guy back because he's 100% right. But again who knows what's true or not.

so Deadspin is now backing off the sexual harrassment claim. They're just speculating.

No one really knows, because ESPN is refusing to say anything.

I don't understand ESPN. They think they can just fire an established personality and act like nothing happened?
There is going to be an explanation eventually, whether they like it or not. Why not be up front?

They could've at least said "Mr. Reynolds is being dismissed for conduct detrimental to the company" or some canned line like that.

23Ronnie23 said:
I dont know why anyone would hire fired GMs to give their opinions (ex: Rick Spielman and Steve Phillips). Why would anyone listen to the stupidity from those two guys. There is a reason they got fired.

:lol:

Great point, I've thought that myself too.

Rocky Raccoon said:
that's not what he's saying, he said they wouldn't fire him for no reason. This has nothing to do with a free pass.
Harold actually gave good insight.

Roman529 said:
I never liked Harold.....he never ever says anything bad about Barry Bonds or questions his use of steroids. He also has never criticizes baseball players for taking steroids and always says it is the Commissioner's fault or owner's fault for not testing players.

:rolleyes2

of course. cause if harold never said anything bad about bonds for doing nothing that was proven so far, then no one would ever talk bad about him....

your hate for bonds is pathetic and obcessive to be honest

Ray Finkle said:
Apparently the word going around is the HR got fired because he got into a huge heated arguement with the producers on Baseball Tonight over the whole ARod coverage and HR was defending ARod saying it was dumb to keep playing it up and up.

If that's the case than ESPN should hire the guy back because he's 100% right. But again who knows what's true or not.

I heard that too. I heard he really flipped his lid more than once.

Ray Finkle said:

If they fired him over that, then my GOD ESPN sunk to new lows I dont' even think they could have sunk too.

It's like ESPN is turning into FOX NEWS. Take a stance and force their on air talent to push it no matter what.

I heard that ESPN never liked Reynolds, and the only reason he was there was because Peter Gammons wouldn't work without him. And, since Gammons may have to retire, they felt Reynolds was expendable.

Back
Top Bottom