Merged: Henson News/Miami one of several teams interested in QB Drew Henson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Henson News/Miami one of several teams interested in QB Drew Henson

If we sign him, we will regret it. He's been out of football too long and he's too old to be a rookie.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
If we sign him, we will regret it. He's been out of football too long and he's too old to be a rookie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's 10 months older then Eli Manning. He's in shape.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG! for once i agree with Rick! the world is coming to an end.....

Originally posted by Scrappy
I'm in the dark here. If he was so good, why was he picked in the sixth round?

He decided to try and play baseball instead of football 3 years ago. The yankmes I mean Yankees paid him a truckload of money and considered him to be the next great 3rd baseman. It never worked out. He hit like s*** and never got out of AAA. Last year some thought Henson might play football the following year (this year) so the texans used a 6th rounder on him the the hopes they could trade his rights and do much better than a sixth. If they cant move him before the draft starts he will automatically become a draft option for any team and Houston wasted the pick. If they can get a pick or so it will look like a brilliant move. Either way teams will make the texans sweat and wait them out. There may or may not be a auction for him as draft day approaches.

IMO this is a game of cat and mouse. The fins are showing interest in Hensen to drive up the price that some other QB needy teams will have to pay. IMO they have no intention of getting him because he will not be ready to play next year if needed.

If another team does go after him then the likelihood of that same team taking a QB in the 1st diminishes which helps us because it will cause a good QB (Rivers, Losman) to drop.

Hopefully this is a sign of how Speilman is going to operate. We need our GM to be shred and skillful in the art of deception. We all know WAnny was horrible at that part of the game......DW" We really like at WR in the first..." The mere fact that he mentions an offensive player tells you he's lieing. Every trade he made was to acquire a defensive player with the exception of RW. Tells me he doesn't know how to evaluate Offensive players.

Originally posted by finzfan4life
This is great news. That means it will drop Rivers And Losman. This is great news indeed.:tongue:

Not necessarily. The fact that some have him rated higher than those guys doesn't mean he'll get picked in the 1st round at all.

Given the baseball situation, a team would be taking a risk at drafting him that high - unless they knew he would sign. Even a 2nd round pick could be a risk if he wants top 5 money.

Whoever is interested in him better do their homework in terms of talking to the agent and having a good deal on the table.

On the other hand, he already has made a lot of money in baseball and if he settles with the Yankees and doesn't have to give a lot back or anything, he may go along with a lower football contract.

Originally posted by finfan77
IMO this is a game of cat and mouse. The fins are showing interest in Hensen to drive up the price that some other QB needy teams will have to pay. IMO they have no intention of getting him because he will not be ready to play next year if needed.

I think you over analyzed that one a bit. There is essentially no asking price for the guy, because Houston will lose his rights in 34 days. Henson will be forced back into the draft.

Originally posted by Stamos

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's 10 months older then Eli Manning. He's in shape.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA yourself. He hasn't played football competitively for years. He'd be worth a flyer for a low draft pick to bring him in to compete, but that's about it.

Dont know about that Rick...

If this dude was a top 5 guy 3 years ago and is relatively injury free...well......most likely a force to consider. No kidding if he performs well in front of scouts....yikkesss.

I am sorry but I don't see where this article says Miami is interested in him. All I see is the writers speculation that Miami cfould be a candidate for him. But nothing form the Fins.

Originally posted by Noland

These are facts that both are good and about the same I don't see were Henson is better alot of people talk like he is god an he really did'nt prove hisself enough to me and Rivers played four years played excellent better #'s that Henson an he still can't prove it to you.

Just an opinion Henson is hyped up.

Here; -- I've got a whole bunch of spares:

....................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.................;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;......................
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,............................;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;------------------............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Enjoy.:)

If the combine looks good, he makes all the throws, is in good shape and READS the D well then I say draft him at 20. He is prob better than Rivers and only 24. Weinke was 29 or so.

Not for nothing but how much do we regret not taking him late last year. I was begging anyone anf everyone to try this guy in the 5th or so.:cry:

Originally posted by Stamos

I think you over analyzed that one a bit. There is essentially no asking price for the guy, because Houston will lose his rights in 34 days. Henson will be forced back into the draft.

Maybe, but is there a difference between someone trading for him and selecting him in the first round. If a team is interested and waits for the draft to try and get him then they will have wonder what our intentions are. If they believe we might grab him and really want him, then they will will try and move ahead of us assuming that they are not already there. Either way I'm hoping that people go after Hensen and allow us to grab Rivers.

IMO it wouldn't be a bad strategy. Everyone knows we need a QB so the need is there. All I know is the more non-Rivers hype the better.

Originally posted by Dbergan
We know nothing about Henson. Until the phins scouts see him in workouts then all we really know is we have a rookie, 4 years removed from the game who was "thought" to be super good if he played in the NFL. Unless he wows us...I'd still go w/ Rivers, who, IMO will be a frnachise QB.

BTW, for those who may have followed Henson when he was in college, how would you rate him as compared to Eli and Ben? Did he have a rocket arm like Ben? Was he a mature master of the game like everyone says Eli is? Just curious since I know very little about Henson.
I watched almost all of hes games Great arm this guy throws bullets, he was compared a lot to Elway at Mich. Even as high school he pitched in the 90's his arm streanght is wicked. He as also a great atheleat, the only kid to be a three sport All stater, football, basketball, and baseball. As far as comparing him to Ben and Eli, his arm streanght is probally as good or better then ben and better then Eli. As a soph. at Mich he would replace brady a lot to trow deap passes.

Back
Top Bottom