Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act

Originally posted by fairbanksb
It is amazing how so many columnists are saying, basically the same things, but they are all called nuts or Phins haters.

Yep. Incredible how every single columnist in Miami is suddenly a "stupid" "Dolphin hater" now. I mean, it just COULDN'T be that the front office is the one making laughable, idiotic moves, right? It must be those darned columnists...

With all the negitive media this team gets from its own towns reporters... You'd think the reporters are Bills or Jets fans. I for one have stopped reading crap like this. It pisses me off to hear these guys talk so much crap, and fans feed off of it. It's because morons like this writing bull$h!t all the time, is the reason we get fairweather fans and Boo birds.

That article was unoriginal and didnt even come close to making me laugh, if that was the intent.

We obiviously have alot of "haters" in journalism or the just see this FO in a different light.

I guess we will see who is right come December.....:eat:

Originally posted by Rick 1966
It wasn't actually funny, since it was both stupid and false.

I totally agree. Hyde's article was NOT funny. It was stupid. It was false.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Whether Hyde's article was funny or stupid depends on your sense of humor.
But it wasn't false.

Actually, I thought it was clever. Nice reference to classic comedy which drives home the idea that the Dolphins have shown a puzzling strategy in the first week of free agency.

Columnists are suppose to give an opinion in a creative manner.

Nice work by Hyde.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Actually, I thought it was clever. Nice reference to classic comedy which drives home the idea that the Dolphins have shown a puzzling strategy in the first week of free agency.

Columnists are suppose to give an opinion in a creative manner.

Nice work by Hyde.

It wasn't funny. I know funny and that wasn't it. It did NOT measure up to classic comedy.

It was more of a play on the classic fears of fans who don't really know what goes on. Yes...it was a play on ignorance.

It is boring cynicism. But, Hyde doesn't get the last word. Hyde is betting on Dolphin failure. I am betting on the incompetance of Mr Hyde. He doesn't strike me as the knowledgable football type.

Spielman gets the last word. The fact that he is not saying a word now about his plan does not mean that the plan is inferior or inept. It just means that we have to wait to see who is right...Cynic opinion writer Mr Hyde? or GM of the Miami Dolphins Rick Spielman?

Spielman gets the last word.

Actually Huizenga gets the last word, and if Spielman can't make his "plan" work, he will be looking for work eventually.

Whether Hyde's article was funny or stupid depends on your sense of humor.
But it wasn't false.

It wasn't FALSE! Are you kidding me? You believe that! :lol:

The fact that you believe that there is nothing false presented in that hack piece is 100 times funnier than the article could ever be.

It opens up with a false premise..."Everything's gone so wrong in free agency...".

I can't find anything in the article that is actually true.

Sure, we can pretend that McKinney was not decided to be the center. I guess Hyde (in his ignorance) thought Woody was being brought in as a overweight center who can't snap in the shotgun formation.

We can pretend that there will be no competition at the QB position. We can pretend that Spielman & Wannstedt are bumbling idiots that don't know what they are doing. We can pretend to have intimate knowledge about the plan to improve this team.

But, that is far from truth.

Let's be honest. You like this piece for it's cynicism and not for it's honesty.

It wasn't FALSE! Are you kidding me? You believe that! :lol:

Sure, we can pretend that McKinney was not decided to be the center. I guess Hyde (in his ignorance) thought Woody was being brought in as a overweight center who can't snap in the shotgun formation.

We can pretend that there will be no competition at the QB position. We can pretend that Spielman & Wannstedt are bumbling idiots that don't know what they are doing. We can pretend to have intimate knowledge about the plan to improve this team.

But, that is far from truth.

Let's be honest. You like this piece for it's cynicism and not for it's honesty.

Hold on a sec there bud. Lets not get carried away here. The entire article was not written out of the blue.
Sure he is poking fun, but not for poking fun sake.

He is highlighting how dumbfounded this franchise seems. If you think other teams are not pointing and laughing, then go right ahead, but I get calls from friends who watch the wire as close as anyone does and they keep asking, who's on first over there in Dolphinland?

We HOPE things are better than they seem, but we can only hope and wonder....then realize that they may not be.

It opens up with a false premise..."Everything's gone so wrong in free agency...".

It was hyperbole, but not falsehood. MANY things have already gone wrong in free agency.

It wasn't funny. I know funny and that wasn't it. It did NOT measure up to classic comedy.

It was more of a play on the classic fears of fans who don't really know what goes on. Yes...it was a play on ignorance.

It is boring cynicism. But, Hyde doesn't get the last word. Hyde is betting on Dolphin failure. I am betting on the incompetance of Mr Hyde. He doesn't strike me as the knowledgable football type.

Spielman gets the last word. The fact that he is not saying a word now about his plan does not mean that the plan is inferior or inept. It just means that we have to wait to see who is right...Cynic opinion writer Mr Hyde? or GM of the Miami Dolphins Rick Spielman?

Personally, anyone that can get Abbott and Costello into a sports column gets thumbs up from me. I love that WHo's On First routine.

It seems to me that you have two issues with Hyde.

1. You think he is wrong to attack the Dolphins FO. I can't really agree with you there. It may be that Rick will pull out a good OL after this, but if we are being honest it hasn't been a great week. One could almost say comedy of errors with Tait being driven through nasty parts of Miami, McIntosh having a serious injury we didn't know about and our top target Woody, never even leaving Detroit.

2. You didn't like the way he used the old "Who's on First Routine." Well, that's fair, but maybe your letting your feelings about #1, cloud #2.

Anyway,

It seems a pretty minor thing to me.

It was hyperbole, but not falsehood. MANY things have already gone wrong in free agency.

Of course things have gone wrong. But to leave the impression that "EVERYTHING has gone wrong" is at the very least "uninformed". We are finishing up the first week of free agency. There are things that have gone right.

Some teams have made NO MOVES at all. Are those teams to be considered failures at this early stage? No. It would be stupid to suggest that.

This poorly thought out peice is just emotional redmeat to the cynical pigpen of Dolphin fans. He is throwing them a bone. It's an exageration to produce an emotional response. That's all it is.

Back
Top Bottom