Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Of course things have gone wrong. But to leave the impression that "EVERYTHING has gone wrong" is at the very least "uninformed". We are finishing up the first week of free agency. There are things that have gone right.

Some teams have made NO MOVES at all. Are those teams to be considered failures at this early stage? No. It would be stupid to suggest that.

That's being disingenuous. The truth is, Rick got rid of most of our offensive line starters, and did so in a year when there were very very few starter-quality free agents available at those positions. Then he failed to get two of the best FAs and focussed on a third who turned out to be unable to play this year to the detriment of signing any of the remaining quality free agents.
That was simply inept and poorly thought out.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
That's being disingenuous. The truth is, Rick got rid of most of our offensive line starters, and did so in a year when there were very very few starter-quality free agents available at those positions...
That is simply wrong. Rick Spielman has stated that he feels the strength of the Free Agency market is the offensive line. There are still very good prospects available...and more that will become available.

Todd Wade was average. And the other 3 guys are still available if you want them. I don't.

That is simply wrong. Rick Spielman has stated that he feels the strength of the Free Agency market is the offensive line.

Yes, he has STATED that. It doesn't mean it's true.

I must deride Hyde because his rhetoric is snide and he's never on the Dolphins side so in defense of Dolphin pride I must say to Hyde jump in the ocean and go out with the tide.

Yes, he has STATED that. It doesn't mean it's true.
Like I said, I'm very cynical about Mr Hyde being a personnel expert. I don't think he is. And I'm also very cynical about people on a messageboard pretending to be a personnel expert.

We may have strong opinions about what needs to be done. But, the people who actually bear the weight of making these decisions are working there tail off to make this a better team. The Hyde cynics disrespect them. And I can't respect that.

I don't think it's a major stretch of reality to believe that the Dolphins will be able to sign an upgrade at RG & RT.

We signed 4 free agents and traded for a QB prospect the first week of free agency. Let's see what the second week will bring.

Originally posted by BSQX4
I must deride Hyde because his rhetoric is snide and he's never on the Dolphins side so in defense of Dolphin pride I must say to Hyde jump in the ocean and go out with the tide.

Not that great...but at least you tried. :D

Like I said, I'm very cynical about Mr Hyde being a personnel expert. I don't think he is. And I'm also very cynical about people on a messageboard pretending to be a personnel expert.

The word is "skeptical."

We may have strong opinions about what needs to be done. But, the people who actually bear the weight of making these decisions are working there tail off to make this a better team. The Hyde cynics disrespect them. And I can't respect that.

It has nothing to do with disrespecting them as PEOPLE...it's disrespecting the CHOICES they've made. And just because someone is a professional doesn't mean they are right. History, and not just sports history, is chock full of professionals who've been dead wrong and couldn't see the forest for the trees.

We signed 4 free agents and traded for a QB prospect the first week of free agency. Let's see what the second week will bring.

And many people think the trade was a horribly one-sided and that two of the free agents are of questionable quality. I have come to dread what the second week will bring.

I don't think it's a major stretch of reality to believe that the Dolphins will be able to sign an upgrade at RG & RT.

Don't you think your taking the column a wee bit to seriously. Rick and Dave are big boys, I think they can handle it.

...just because someone is a professional doesn't mean they are right.
Exactly. Just because Hyde gets his stuff published does not mean he has a clue about that which he is writing.

And PhinKev...Yes, I think Hyde can handle my cynical view of his pathetic attempt at capturing the first week of Free Agency.

And PhinKev...Yes, I think Hyde can handle my cynical view of his pathetic attempt at capturing the first week of Free Agency.

I'm sure he can.

You really don't like Abbott and Costello?

I thought it was funny. I've always loved that old skit.

It wasn't, however, accurate. Sportswriters know that there is a group of fans, sometimes large, always loud, that only focus on the negative facts, ignore the positive facts and/or jump to the negative conclusion when they lack facts. Pandering to this group sells enough papers to keep your job. Some papers, that's all they do. The Herald seems to fall in that category. The Sun-sentinel does occassionally.

Phinstigator,
is your diaper full? dude, its just a joking sports column. it is not telling the fate of our team. I love the dolphins and that column brought a smile to my face. Just sit back and enjoy the humor for what it is for. Roll with the punches. Don't be that kid in school that could dish it out but not take it. Sometimes when your team screws up, you have to laugh at them. 2 way street.

I enjoy comedy, even when i am the butt of the joke.

-tex

another month of free agency. the draft. june 1. everything has gone wrong in one week?

funny how one can tear apart the performance of the phins' front office and can't turn that criticism to other places. the best defense against tyranny is an educated populace. who am i kidding? happiness in slavery, right?

the season is a long way away. there are a lot more moves to be made. everything hasn't gone right, but everything hasn't gone wrong, either. people are taking sides on the issue because they want to identify with a side. no wonder such a discussion got political. there are arguments that some fans don't really want the team to succeed, just as there are arguments that some idealogues don't want the republic to succeed... around and around we go.

Originally posted by PhinKev

I'm sure he can.

You really don't like Abbott and Costello?
I love Abbott & Costello. I grew up watching there stuff. (personal favorites...Abbott and Costello meets Frankenstein, Wolfman, & huanted house episode)

The Hyde hack fish wrapper peice was NOT Abbott & Costello.

There stuff was fun and entertaining. Hydes dump does not do Abbott and Costello justice. It's an insult.

Newsflash....comedy is supposed to be FUNNY.

acmain_3-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom