Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: HYDE: A Dolphin comedy act

what?

are we a bunch of old broads on here? why is everyone getting offended at everything?
Its a one-page article spoofing the phins to the likeness of Abbott and Costello.

WHO CARES?

those of you who are feeling the need to start a crusade over this need to find better things to do with your time.

this is just entertainment, not the gospel.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

what?

when did this become about taking sides? are we a bunch of old broads on here? why is everyone getting offended at everything?
Its a one-page article spoofing the phins to the likeness of Abbott and Costello.

WHO CARES?

those of you who are feeling the need to start a crusade over this need to find better things to do with your time.

this is just entertainment, not the gospel.

that's pretty much what i said, man. reading comprehension. catch it...

A REAL TROOPER

YEAH, DAVE HYDE HAS IT TOUGH. E-MAIL 3 COLUMNS A WEEK TO HIS EMPLOYER FROM HOME.
HE'S WORKING 10-12 HR. DAYS TRYING TO PUT A TEAM TOGETHER.

HE'S A REAL JUDGE OF MEN.:monkeyr:

That political crap and other off topic stuff was removed from this thread. Please refrain from this type of nonsense in the future. We have better things to do than to go wading thru a 67-post thread to remove the BS. It's our job. But that time could be spent doing other things beneficial to the site.

So STOP instigating crap and BEHAVE.

dolphins comedy skit

sorry if it's been posted already

Deep in the Dolphins front office ...

Coach Dave Wannstedt: Everything's gone so wrong in free agency, we need a plan. Let's make a list of which linemen we want.

General Manager Rick Spielman: I just did. Listen up. Who's our center, What's our right guard and our right tackle is ... I Don't Know.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-dolphins-front

Mod note: you cannot post entire articles on the site, please see TOS

Comedy needs to be funny and it also needs to be original. Hydes piece was an obvious rip of something that in its original form was great. Hyde is a hack. If he set out to do something funny he should have developed his own original premise and then had punchlines thrown in and in the end the piece would be funny, entertaining and have a point. I was in the Comedy business for 6 years as the Owner of 3 Comedy Clubs in So. Florida called Coconuts Comedy Clubs. Even on open-mic night where amateurs take the stage you can't just hack someone elses material. You can't lift lines from Seinfeld, Ray Romano or Dice Clay or anyone for that matter and get away with it. I know Hyde set out to do a parady of the old routine so really his biggest crime is that it wasn't funny #1 and it wasn't original#2 and#3 I can't stand the guy.

Based on everything said, I think we can all agree that:

1. Abbott and Costello are great
2. Hyde doesn't do a good Abbott and Costello
3. The Dolphins had a tough week

And I don't know is on third.

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses!

I don't think Hyde will ever be satisfied with anything our Dolphins do.. when we win the superbowl he will write an article about how the defensive scheme for the game was flawed and it could have cost us the championship...

But, since I read any article about the phins I'll continue to read his stuff... sad...

Originally posted by Muck
That political crap and other off topic stuff was removed from this thread. Please refrain from this type of nonsense in the future. We have better things to do than to go wading thru a 67-post thread to remove the BS. It's our job. But that time could be spent doing other things beneficial to the site.

So STOP instigating crap and BEHAVE.

wow, you mean i made that dig on kerry and went to work and ended up with this?!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is so funny!

god, i read the rest of the posts. do youguys have a life or what? That article sucks really bad. and why this thread has continued to this point is way beyond my respect. i dont think rick spielman is the one with the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom