Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams

mutiny85

Cheese Product
Reaction score
I did a little draft searching

It seems that some draft analysts have Reggie Williams getting picked really late the draft(28th). Mel Kiper said he has 4.5 speed and thats what made him drop so badly. One site had the Dolphins picking Clayton while Reggie was still on the board. If this is true who would be a better choice for the the fins(Williams or Clayton).

Re: I did a little draft searching

Originally posted by mutiny85
It seems that some draft analysts have Reggie Williams getting picked really late the draft(28th). Mel Kiper said he has 4.5 speed and thats what made him drop so badly. One site had the Dolphins picking Clayton while Reggie was still on the board. If this is true who would be a better choice for the the fins(Williams or Clayton).

We have a speedy deep threat in Chambers. A big tough target would be a nice compliment. Of course we don't have anyone to get them the ball or a line to give the QB time to get the ball.

Man o Man.. I don't see Reggie Williams getting passed the Bills or Jets in round 1.. If Reggie does run a 4.5 or 4.6 and if it drops him, the combine would be exposed for the joke it is.. To me, Reggie Williams is the 2nd best WR in the draft behind Fitzgerald..

Only problem is that if Reggie were to drop, I don't think he is the type of player that Spielman or this Miami franchise would take because of his Terrell Owens-like arrogance..

Niners, Jets and Bills would take Reggie if he fell to them though.. I don't think he'll drop to #20 anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I did a little draft searching

Where did you read that Reggie would drop?? Have a link??

We need a big physical WR like Woods

Williams's 40 time is just speculation at this point. We'll know much more at the scouting combine. But personally, I would love to see him drop to us. A big receiver with great hands opposite Chambers is exactly what we need.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com
Its true that he might be arrogant but look at where he is at.
He thought Washington had a good chance at a national championship and sometimes he felt at he could take the team further but was held back by an inconstant QB. There is no doubt he would be a big impact for a team that needs him.

SPEED is a big thing in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com
Its true that he might be arrogant but look at where he is at.
He thought Washington had a good chance at a national championship and sometimes he felt at he could take the team further but was held back by an inconstant QB. There is no doubt he would be a big impact for a team that needs him.

SPEED is a big thing in the NFL.

Just ask Anquan Boldin, who ran one of the slowest WR times in combine history last year.

If Miami had an opportunity to get Williams at 20, they would be wise to jump all over it. He is the second best pure WR in the draft and would be perfect in Miami's system.

Back
Top Bottom