Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams

Originally posted by ckparrothead
One thing about Rashaun Woods is he reminds me of Marvin Harrison. People will wonder how in the heck he does what he does without the size and speed of Randy Moss, while he outperforms most other guys out there. A lot of being a good WR is about the intangibles and fly decision making, a lot like QB.

CK, when all is said and done, I don't believe Miami will be able to draft Rashaun Woods at #20. Rashaun Woods is a baller and while he may not shine in the combine in agility drills or whatever, he'll be looked at as the safe net pick in the first round to be an excellent WR in the NFL.

I bet you anything that Rashaun Woods is atleast the 2nd best WR on Spielmans list.. Maybe even the best.. If you look at last years draft at WR's, this Miami scouting team is very big on college production rather than combine results or "potential".. Spielman loved Anquan Boldin despite having horrible 40 times in the combine and when he was overruled, went on to draft J.R. Tolver who had excellent college stats as a Senior..

Rashaun Woods caught 7 TD's in one college game. I don't think any combine statistic will turn Spielman away from that stat..

OMFG, LOL, no wonder Gil is no longer an NFL Scout. His WR rankings are way off base, especially with Drew Carter. He's coming off a torn ACL & never put up any #s at Ohio St. He's a day two project.

NFL Countdown has Rashaun Woods being selected in round 3???
There's no way man..

That mock is very upsetting.. They got the Bills selecting Rashaun Woods in the 3rd and the Jets selecting Derrick Hamilton in the 3rd..

Those are 2 WR's I really really like.. Thats would suck..

Reggie Williams is faster then 4.5... I don't how he got that number. RW says he can 4.2, I'm sure it's right around there. Until the combine, no one knows.

NFL Countdown has Rashaun Woods being selected in round 3???
Although I don't think he goes to round 3, He's not that special. He won't be a great NFL WR. He's a 2nd rounder at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: @ Rivers over Reggie Williams/Mike Clayton

I'm laughing at the notion that Reggie Williams or Mike Clayton are, or will be, better players than Phil Rivers is and will be.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Reggie Williams is faster then 4.5... I don't how he got that number. RW says he can 4.2, I'm sure it's right around there. Until the combine, no one knows.

Reggie has been working out a lot before the draft, the fastest he ran in his personal workouts was a 4.51. He said that he wouldn't run at the combine unless he ran in the 4.4s during his workouts.

Well there goes his reputation with Rick Spielman. Rick has gone on record saying he hates players that shy away from running at the Combine, unless they have a good injury excuse. He said pretty flat out its a lack of guts. He doesn't care what the reputation of the track is like, if they all run then they all start with the same advantages/disadvantages.

If Williams goes to the combine and sits out the 40, Spielman probably wouldn't draft him until the 2nd round.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well there goes his reputation with Rick Spielman. Rick has gone on record saying he hates players that shy away from running at the Combine, unless they have a good injury excuse. He said pretty flat out its a lack of guts. He doesn't care what the reputation of the track is like, if they all run then they all start with the same advantages/disadvantages.

If Williams goes to the combine and sits out the 40, Spielman probably wouldn't draft him until the 2nd round.

Deservedly so as I now have a film crew at the combine. Any player that cannot put his skills on showcase for me shall not be drafted. :D

Gil Brandt points out that it "ticks off" a couple of other folks too.

Since 1988, three players have been drafted in the first round after they did not attend the combine:
1. Aaron Jones (Eastern Kentucky) by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1988.
2. Eric Swann by the Arizona Cardinals in 1991.
3. Darrien Gordon (Stanford) by the San Diego Chargers in 1993.

Well Spielman meant when a guy attends the combine but doesn't run certain drills.

Its become popular in recent years for some guys to go to the combine and let their agents convince them not to run on the Indy track because its "slow" So, they dont run, and then they hold personal workouts under optimal conditions, and they end up looking faster than they would have if they ran with everyone else at the Combine.

Anquan Boldin ran at the Combine, and he turned in a slow day. So some thought he should have opted not to run but thats not the kind of player he is, he's competitive. He held a personal workout under optimal conditions and ran a lot faster...But then teams had him take off the track cleats and do it like he would at the Combine, and he turned in about the same time he did at the combine. For all his "mistake" at running at the combine the Phins were STILL ready to draft him at #49, and he was chosen not long after that...and I don't think he was ever really discussed as a first round draft pick. So teams do respect your time if you go there and compete.

If Reggie goes there and doesn't run, cross him off the Dolphins' draft board.

Does anybody know what the official 40 time was for Boldin and/or Andre Johnson at the combine?

Boldin did a 4.72 and 4.69, Johnson did not run at the combine, but ran between 4.3 and 4.35 on his campus workout

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom