Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: I did a little draft searching/Reggie Williams

Here's the NFL.com Scouting Report on Clayton

Big, game-controlling receiver with exceptional skills for the next level. Works to get separation comes back to the ball and offers the quarterback a nice target.

Reggie Williams

Large, game-controlling wide out that is the focal point of the offense. Sure handed, effective on the sidelines and big enough those opponents have great difficulty defending him.

Evans

Productive collegiate pass catcher coming off a pair of knee surgeries. Efficient and sound in all elements of the game.

Woods

One of the country's most prolific pass catchers and a natural receiver with great skill. Displays terrific intangibles for the position and wherewithal on the field.

Jenkins

Explosive, game-breaking wide out that does not receive the respect he deserves. Comes back to the ball out of breaks, extends and catches the pass away from his frame.

and Roy Williams

Tremendous athlete that displays the ability to take over games. Catches the pass with solid fundamentals; extends his hands, looks the pass in and catches the ball away from his frame.

The only way I see Miami taking a WR in the first round is if we get an extra one for DE A. Ogunleye. Even then, it's still a reach IMO....

The Phinz need OL help much more than they need WR help at this time. Unless we plan on fixing the OL strictly through FA, we should be drafting OL before going after a WR....

YES TO RIVERS!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:cool:

Scott Wright, the NFL Countdown webmaster, seems very unsure about the draft this year because he changes his mock draft every other day. Reggie Williams will be selected ahead of Michael Clayton. If speed is an issue then why would Clayton move ahead of Williams when Williams is faster?

Woods aint big n physical. Clayton and Williams both are. I think Clayton would be the better pick.

But I take Rivers.

Reggie Williams

I never thought this was possible a couple months ago, but for some reason Washington WR Reggie Williams' stock is dropping and may be avalable at when we pick at 20.

Personally, I don't see a big difference Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Reggie Williams. If he's available at #20, I think we should take him. He might be good enough to make Jay look good.

Re: Reggie Williams

Originally posted by LIQUID24
I never thought this was possible a couple months ago, but for some reason Washington WR Reggie Williams' stock is dropping and may be avalable at when we pick at 20.

Personally, I don't see a big difference Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Reggie Williams. If he's available at #20, I think we should take him. He might be good enough to make Jay look good.

I think of the three, Reggie is perhaps the most polished. Roy had the benefit of having a hell of an offense around him, and Fitzgerald seemed to feast on the lower eschelon of the Big East. Notice, when he went up against the competitive teams (Notre Dame, the Canes, West Virginia and UVA) he seemed non-existant. Of course, that was because opposing defenses knew the key to beating Pitt was stopping Fitzgerald, however getting Reggie Williams at 20 would be an outright steal.

I know this goes against the grain of what most want, but IF he falls to 20, I'd grab him in a heartbeat, then either focus the attention towards acquiring Henson, Ramsey or A.J. Feeley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if anyone mentioned this already but...........

Gil Brandt of NFL.com (a former scout) has Reggie Williams rated 11th best in the draft......not player, but 11th WR! Isn't that crazy?!? Maybe he knows something we don't.

That's absolutely ludacris.. How the HELL is Reggie rated that low??

That would be like rating Sean Taylor the 10th best Safety.. It's obsurd.

Does anyone here think though that Reggie Williams will have an easy time adjusting from big fish in a little pond to little fish in a big pond? He was the focal point in his offense and it sounds like he couldn't even handle THAT, sounds like he had some bad words to say about his QB. Thats a big no-no. Now he'll be going to an NFL offense as the 3rd, maybe 2nd WR playing behind an established starter and quality player...take Chambers for instance. Nobody doubts that Chambers would be head honcho here in Miami. Did you see how few chances #2 guy Derrius Thompson got? Imagine Reggie Williams going through THAT. You think he makes it without talking **** and alienating other players and coaches? I dunno. I'd be real sensitive to character issues.

One thing about Rashaun Woods is he reminds me of Marvin Harrison. People will wonder how in the heck he does what he does without the size and speed of Randy Moss, while he outperforms most other guys out there. A lot of being a good WR is about the intangibles and fly decision making, a lot like QB.

Back
Top Bottom