Merged: If The Skins can hold the Jets / Abraham Gaurantees Victory | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: If The Skins can hold the Jets / Abraham Gaurantees Victory

i repeat what i posted in another thread, never turn your back on those friggin' jets! i don't think they have enough to go the distance this year but...

i thought the same last year and since none of the GOOD teams in the AFCE wanted the division, they took it...or a...we all gave it to them.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Oliver I think you may want to save a couple of these posts so you can bring them up at the end of the season to see where we're at. I really think by the end of the year, we'll see that both of these teams are pretty good. The 2002 redskins were a bad team. The 2003 redskins are a different team, a better team in my opinion.

You want to save these posts, that's your option. It's all opinion.

I didn't see the positives you saw tonight. One game doesn't make a season, but the talent levels on both these teams IMO are lacking for any type of play-off run at this time.

Oliver...

Exactly wharf. Even when the Jets were bad at the beginning of 2002, you could see vestiges of what could make them a pretty good unit if they put it together. I think tonight I saw that. With Vinny in the game they are almost bound to taking dumps on the field rather than scoring touchdowns, but they still kept this game competitive against what I feel will prove to be a pretty good Redskins team. We're not talkin super bowl Skins here, but there is no doubt that with the additions they have made they have improved their team. They need to get Trung Canidate out of the way and let Ladell Betts be their runningback. I watched the Skins last year and I'm tellin ya, it wasn't that the Skins were a horribly coached team (although at times, that was part of it) it was that they had horrible players! It starts at QB with Danny Wuerffel. Then the WRs that Spurrier kept messin around with. Spurrier used his influence to have the GMs grab a bunch of ex-Gators for what they thought was going to be either camp fodder or depth fillers (guys who could teach the rest of the players how to play in Spurrier's system), and then he played them no matter who was the best player on the field. It was aweful. People make fun of the Fun'n'Gun and trust me there's usually no bigger Spurrier detractor than myself, but I have definitely seen much much worst coached offensive units in the NFL. In fact I think Paul Hackett showed us a great example.

These teams just duked it out tonight. They looked sloppy at times because they had good players on the other side. John Abraham made the guys trying to block him look bad, as well as Ramsey. LaVar Arrington made the Jets play-calling look way worst than maybe it was.

On that 3rd and 1 where they ran the ball, I'm not criticizing the Jets for calling a run...lord knows I would also want to take the ball out of the hands of Vinny Testeverde when he's playing like crap...I was criticizing the Jets for not having an option for Vinny to check out of the play. He was coming off a timeout, had plenty of time left on the play clock, and when he steps up to the line no less than 3 Skins players jump toward the line of scrimmage, outside and inside, just ITCHING to step into that backfield. An I formation isolation run just will NOT WORK in that situation, and both Vinny and Paul Hackett should know that. Hackett should have given Vinny the freedom and responsibility to check out of that play, and Vinny should have clearly checked out of it. That play failed because of the failed relationship between Vinny and Paul Hackett. With Pennington in the game, different situation is what I am saying.

And with Pennington back in I think the Jets are the same team that stole the AFC East title...all that I've seen tonight merely confirms that for me.

But overall, I don't think the Jets do much this year...because by the time Chad gets back in, it will be too late.

But overall, I don't think the Jets do much this year...because by the time Chad gets back in, it will be too late.

So are you saying they are a possible play-off team or not? Because right now you're giving mixed signals.

Oliver...

I'm saying they have the tools in place to be a playoff team and a good one at that if Chad was in the game all year round. By the time Chad gets in the Jets could already have 6 losses under their belt, and that is asking way too much of him. I still think they get to around 8-8. And if they catch a couple breaks during Chad's absence or Chad makes some ridiculous injury rehab, they are back in the playoff hunt.

I'm saying they have the tools in place to be a playoff team and a good one at that if Chad was in the game all year round. By the time Chad gets in the Jets could already have 6 losses under their belt, and that is asking way too much of him. I still think they get to around 8-8. And if they catch a couple breaks during Chad's absence or Chad makes some ridiculous injury rehab, they are back in the playoff hunt.

Dang so it seems like you are saying if Chad was their QB they were going to make some serious noise this season.

I didn't think they were a possible play-off team with Chad, because their D is so bad. I guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out.

Oliver...

There are about 2 teams in the NFL that I feel don't have the talent to make it to the playoffs this year. I would say that is the Cardinals and the Lions. Yet someone could probably make an arguement on how certain players improvement and things landing just right might just land them a playoff spot.

Both the redskins and the jets have the talent to make the playoffs, but that isn't really saying much. They both have a lot of "ifs". If this would happen, and if that would happen, and if this would happen and if this guy gets comfortable, and if thise guy plays better and if this team isn't playing well, then the jets should make the playoffs. I don't find that to impressive.

What I saw today was two teams that did not look like they were vialbe playoff contenders. If a bunch of things happen maybe, but I am not here to debate a bunch of things.

What I saw today was a battle between two teams that are just below the middle of the pack battling it out for mediocrity with the Redskins coming out as the team that is just a little more mediocre

If not for the fact that we look like crap when we go into NY, I'd see no reason to think the Jets can give us trouble.

Vinny was stale
The play calls were iffy
The pass D soft and for those watching first-round BUST-to-be Dewayne Robertson, he got bitch slapped most of the night.

J-E-T-S, Suck, Suck, Suck!

You never know what can happen in a game. You can really dominate and going away with a loss.

Look at the Jets game last year. We were the better team but there was a couple of bad calls and we didn't execute well.

A fumble or a INT returned for a touchdown doesn't reflect how the game went but a loss is still a loss.

Back
Top Bottom