Merged: If The Skins can hold the Jets / Abraham Gaurantees Victory | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: If The Skins can hold the Jets / Abraham Gaurantees Victory

The center of the Jets D-Line looked like swiss cheese. It will be RW up the middle all day long!

Originally posted by Dude
The center of the Jets D-Line looked like swiss cheese. It will be RW up the middle all day long!
i think so, just wanted to hear somebody else say it! GO RICKY!!!!!!;)

I think the Redskins looked good and so did the Jets defense. You can't deny that the Jets defense was in full force in this game. Shaun Ellis who looked like a bust for about 3 years, had two sacks. John Abraham also I believe had two sacks and a forced fumble. Ramsey was under pressure all night long, and it forced him into bad throws and bad decisions by the end of the game. I think Teddy Cottrell also showed waaaaaaayyyy more ability this time around to adapt a game plan according to what is working and what is not.

In the past, Teddy would just keep playin that soft @ss zone and watch as they get picked apart. Now, Teddy actually started goin after Ramsey to force him into mistakes...and Donnie Abraham still knows how to bait the QB and intercept that ball. If only he could figure out how not to get faked out of his pants by Laveraneous Coles, hehe...Also Dwayne Robertson looked unimpressive for most of the game, but then he also showed where he's got the superior physical skills to eventually dominate. Even fat@ss Chester McGlockton decided to kick in a few good plays for one series (which is common for Chester...one good series then he's done for the day).

But anyway the Skins also looked great. Champ Bailey wasn't even gettin thrown on period. Fred Smoot had some great plays, and some frustrating ones, but what I was most impressed by were LaVar Arrington, and the Safeties. Those safeties were getting challenged and they consistently came out on top. And LaVar, what can you say the guy wants to be known as the best in the business and if he keeps gettin better every year like this, eventually he will be.

As for the Skins offense, Coles Coles Coles. The guy is awesome and he will flourish in Spurriers offense. Ramsey showed why he is a great QB tonight, and why he is a young QB tonight. In order to beat them, we will have to trick Ramsey and frustrate him with the man coverage and make him be extremely patient...then rattle him with sacks. By the 2nd half the sacks that the Jets were gettin on him were taking their toll on Ramsey's mind.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think the Redskins looked good and so did the Jets defense. You can't deny that the Jets defense was in full force in this game. Shaun Ellis who looked like a bust for about 3 years, had two sacks. John Abraham also I believe had two sacks and a forced fumble. Ramsey was under pressure all night long, and it forced him into bad throws and bad decisions by the end of the game. I think Teddy Cottrell also showed waaaaaaayyyy more ability this time around to adapt a game plan according to what is working and what is not.

In the past, Teddy would just keep playin that soft @ss zone and watch as they get picked apart. Now, Teddy actually started goin after Ramsey to force him into mistakes...and Donnie Abraham still knows how to bait the QB and intercept that ball. If only he could figure out how not to get faked out of his pants by Laveraneous Coles, hehe...Also Dwayne Robertson looked unimpressive for most of the game, but then he also showed where he's got the superior physical skills to eventually dominate. Even fat@ss Chester McGlockton decided to kick in a few good plays for one series (which is common for Chester...one good series then he's done for the day).

But anyway the Skins also looked great. Champ Bailey wasn't even gettin thrown on period. Fred Smoot had some great plays, and some frustrating ones, but what I was most impressed by were LaVar Arrington, and the Safeties. Those safeties were getting challenged and they consistently came out on top. And LaVar, what can you say the guy wants to be known as the best in the business and if he keeps gettin better every year like this, eventually he will be.

As for the Skins offense, Coles Coles Coles. The guy is awesome and he will flourish in Spurriers offense. Ramsey showed why he is a great QB tonight, and why he is a young QB tonight. In order to beat them, we will have to trick Ramsey and frustrate him with the man coverage and make him be extremely patient...then rattle him with sacks. By the 2nd half the sacks that the Jets were gettin on him were taking their toll on Ramsey's mind.

I'm not impressed with either team. The Skins should have scored more points against this very AVG defense. And the Jets have some serious issues with the rush D. Allowing 160 yards rushing to this Skins rushing attack IMO is an embarasement.

Oliver...

I watched the entire game and came away more with the feeling that these are two teams battling it out who both will be looking for playoff spots late in December.

Unfortunately for the Jets, not having Pennington in there tosses them just out of equilibrium enough to where they might be out of that playoff hunt come December. With Pennington in there, to me I think they are about the same team who went on a heck of a good run and ended up stealing the division away from the Bills, Pats, and Dolphins. Teddy Cottrell's defense shut down the Skins when it counted.

And the Redskins, their defense should have been really good heading into the season...and tonight they just displayed it. This is a team with a superior linebacking corp to JUST ABOUT everyone else in the league (sorry Buffalo, but I consider the Skins LBs to be better than yours). They also have a shutdown corner in Champ Bailey, and some safeties who showed some real ability out there tonight in particular. Those kind of players make it easy to build a good defense around.

I hope Miami players and coaches didn't come away tonight assuming they can mark down three W's on the board already. Because if they do that we'll probably find ourselves on the outside looking in, once again.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I watched the entire game and came away more with the feeling that these are two teams battling it out who both will be looking for playoff spots late in December.

Unfortunately for the Jets, not having Pennington in there tosses them just out of equilibrium enough to where they might be out of that playoff hunt come December. With Pennington in there, to me I think they are about the same team who went on a heck of a good run and ended up stealing the division away from the Bills, Pats, and Dolphins. Teddy Cottrell's defense shut down the Skins when it counted.

And the Redskins, their defense should have been really good heading into the season...and tonight they just displayed it. This is a team with a superior linebacking corp to JUST ABOUT everyone else in the league (sorry Buffalo, but I consider the Skins LBs to be better than yours). They also have a shutdown corner in Champ Bailey, and some safeties who showed some real ability out there tonight in particular. Those kind of players make it easy to build a good defense around.

I hope Miami players and coaches didn't come away tonight assuming they can mark down three W's on the board already. Because if they do that we'll probably find ourselves on the outside looking in, once again.

You think the Jets and Skins are possible play off teams?

WoW, I think they are both BAD teams, and the Jets being the worse of the TWO. The Jets are in serious trouble.

What I saw tonight were TWO BAD teams trying to beat each other. If it wasn't for the FACT that the Jets were playing I doubt I would have watched the game.

Oliver...

In case you didn't see it....

John Abraham was interviewed on Sportscenter after the game, and he predicted they will be 1-1 after they play us.

LOL.

He has no clue what he's in for.

I'm sure he predicted that they would be 1-0 after they play the Redskins.

He's a good football player, but he's not Nostradamus.

Oliver I think you may want to save a couple of these posts so you can bring them up at the end of the season to see where we're at. I really think by the end of the year, we'll see that both of these teams are pretty good. The 2002 redskins were a bad team. The 2003 redskins are a different team, a better team in my opinion.

I am surprised we watched the same game CKParrothead.

Ramsy was lighting up until he threw that interception. After that the fire was gone and he pulled back on a lot of his throws.

The jets really need to improve their running game with Vinny as quarterback. Or take some shots downfield.

If it wasn't for the fact that I REALLY miss football, i would of found that as a sloppy boring game, instead of the HELL YEA FOOTBALL IS FINALLY BACK THANK GOD.

Hell I was cheering the first first down i saw. First one that mattered for months. God I love football.

JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!! That game was great!!! Ramsey looked amazing until the 2nd half.....back to life I guess. At least we know that after week 1, (2) AFC East teams will be 0-2, and (2) will be 2-0....(yes i am betting on a victory with Miami over Houston....are you surprised?!?!)

:calm:
We have to remember ....

We all laughed at the Jets poor start last season too....
They have a nasty habit of biting us in our arse...

You know what, I would welcome at least ONE AFC East team that sucked. I am sick and tired of every club in our division being playoff type clubs!

Give me a crappy Jets team, I'll take it.

Jets looked horrible last year at the beginning of the season

Back
Top Bottom