Merged: Interesting RB available | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Interesting RB available

why do people think we need another hb? sammie morris has been very good for us, he will be our hb after brown

onteriooooijwhishdi smith is a bust he sucks. he is the arlen harris of the rams or the lamar gordon of the rams who ever he was good in minny in a systen that suits him. let him be id rather have steven davis lol

finsgonewild said:
I know that he has a messed up background much like the other running back who used to play for this team, but onterrio smith would be a good #2 runningback. He is only 25 years old and would be a big upgrade to what we have behind ronnie brown. He is the best runningback available right now in free agency. The dolphins should definately consider him. I know many of you would not want to sign a player who has a background that relates to ricky williams. Onterrio Smith would be a good temporary replacement. This team can't afford to spend draft picks on a running back. There are too many other needs that need to be addressed. Anyone else think this would be a good signing? By the way this is coming from a half joking manner. :lol:
If Saban wanted to waste money he would have kept Reggie Howard.

like2god said:
Are we going to have a "lets sign this guy" thread for every player not currently signed to an NFL contract?

I agree, I know people would like to sign some of these FAs but its getting out of hand with these requests. Onterrio Smith??? Why not Lawrence Phillips then?

The guy is a beast if we could sign him cheap this year go for it.

finsgonewild said:
I know that he has a messed up background much like the other running back who used to play for this team, but onterrio smith would be a good #2 runningback. He is only 25 years old and would be a big upgrade to what we have behind ronnie brown. He is the best runningback available right now in free agency. The dolphins should definately consider him. I know many of you would not want to sign a player who has a background that relates to ricky williams. Onterrio Smith would be a good temporary replacement. This team can't afford to spend draft picks on a running back. There are too many other needs that need to be addressed. Anyone else think this would be a good signing? By the way this is coming from a half joking manner. :lol:

You probably did not see that the Whizzinator has not been reinstated by the NFL. Ricky may not be reinstated in 2007 either?? :rolleyes2

finsgonewild said:
Wow what a really bad idea. Think before you post next time.

Oh snap I just read on espn.nvm lol.

edit-I just read he would be reinstated in June/July is this true?

I think we should look at ANTHONY THOMAS as our #2

When he plays, he's usually pretty solid and he is an UFA still available

Fin_dlayOhioFin said:
I think we should look at ANTHONY THOMAS as our #2

When he plays, he's usually pretty solid and he is an UFA still available

He's no better than Morris. I don't see why everyone has a problem with Morris for 5-6 carries per game. He was one of the only bright spots from 2004.

NickJr. said:
He's no better than Morris. I don't see why everyone has a problem with Morris for 5-6 carries per game. He was one of the only bright spots from 2004.
I disagree. Morris is a nice player and all but as an Ohio State fan, I've seen my share of Anthony Thomas and he is a stud. Maybe he had an attitude problem and fell out of favor in Chicago but I beleive Saban could straighten him out & coach him up as a very good compliment to Ronnie Brown as a 1-2 punch!

Career #'s to date:
Morris (6 years) = 1069 yards rush / 3.8 yards per / 13 td's / 630 yards rec.
Thomas (5 years) = 3424 yards rush / 3.8 yards per / 21 td's / 522 yards rec.

I think he is better than Morris and the stats don't lie either!

I say make Ronnie #1, Anthony #2, run a lot of 3 back sets so they are both in behind our new FB Fred Beasley and then bring in Sammy on 3rd down and release Travis Minor who has done absolutely NOTHING for the team from day 1!

Back
Top Bottom