Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

TO PUT THESE RUMORS TO BED I ASKED JASON COLE AND HE SAId THAT RICKY AS OF NOW HAS NOT TOLD ANYONE THAT HE IS RETURNING AND HE MADE HIS STATEMENT BY BASING IT ON WHAT HIS FRIENDS HAVE SAID WHICH WE ALREADY KNEW. JASON COLE HAS ASKED ME TO LET YOU KNOW THAT HE DID NOT SPEAK TO RICKY AND THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE RETURN of RICKY

alopez34 said:
TO PUT THESE RUMORS TO BED I ASKED JASON COLE AND HE SAId THAT RICKY AS OF NOW HAS NOT TOLD ANYONE THAT HE IS RETURNING AND HE MADE HIS STATEMENT BY BASING IT ON WHAT HIS FRIENDS HAVE SAID WHICH WE ALREADY KNEW. JASON COLE HAS ASKED ME TO LET YOU KNOW THAT HE DID NOT SPEAK TO RICKY AND THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE RETURN of RICKY

Thanks for getting more information for us about this rumor.

no problem just want to help you all out. I often speak to Mr. Cole and he did not want a rumor to start in his name that is not true

nick19991 said:
Ricky will be traded all in due time

For What????? Marice Clarrett??? Then we could see who quits first. You guys who think he's worth anything crack me up.

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.

I agree also, but remeber the same can easily be said for JP Losman. He could also tunr out to be a bust.

F150&Dolfan said:
I agree also, but remeber the same can easily be said for JP Losman. He could also tunr out to be a bust.
Son of a *****, can you people not read? I HAVE SAID SEVERAL TIMES ON THIS THREAD ALONE THAT JON PAUL LOSMAN COULD TURN OUT TO BE A BUST JUST AS EASILY AS "HUMMER" (HORRIBLE NICK NAME BTW). READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING PLEASE

Schleprock said:
yes it does, 90% of everything you use and interact with on a daily basis wouldn't be possible if people weren't lumped into categories for certain reasons.

Sorry, I hate the hippies that use that type of excuse. People are different, people are categorized...face the scientific facts people QUOTE]

You are a lot of what's wrong with relations between different types of people today. You don't seem to have a concept of the gray area in which almost all people live. Being a pot smoker does not make you a hippie anymore than driving a BMW makes me a German. My life cannot be as easily cattegorized as yours obviously. Do not infer that you can lump everyone because it makes you more comfortable.......

gr8slayer said:
Son of a *****, can you people not read? I HAVE SAID SEVERAL TIMES ON THIS THREAD ALONE THAT JON PAUL LOSMAN COULD TURN OUT TO BE A BUST JUST AS EASILY AS "HUMMER" (HORRIBLE NICK NAME BTW). READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING PLEASE

No Can do. At this point you can only skim the Ricky Williams threads becuase after you weed (ironic) out all of the stupid comments like:

The old faithful 101 posts of "I'll believe it when I see it"
Or my favorite "Good we can trade him" not taking into consideration he's worth complete squat right now.

Then there's the screw Ricky's
The haven't you ever made a mistakes
The I don't want him back
The Ronnie Brown is Better
Screw that quitter
I would take him back
The last year we'd have gone 10-6 with him
Ricky's coming back
Ricky's not coming back
Ricky wants to smoke weed

Get the drift.........We've been posting this crap for almost a year now.

You really only get about 3 or 4 meaningful posts out of a Ricky thread. So my answer to you is:

NO I CAN'T READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING BECUASE I REFUSE TO WASTE THAT MUCH TIME.

When I already know what half of it is going to say.

Here's my take on Ricky, for the last time. He will return to the NFL unless he is a complete idiot, which is possible I guess, becuase it's the only way he can possibly get out of financial trouble. To all of you "I'll beleive when I see it" people, I beleive there is a better chance you see it than don't see it.

For all of the people who are all for trading him, here are the 2 scenarios that would suck for us that I can see:

Scenario 1: We keep Ricky, he puts in a half hearted effort for 2 or 3 season and retires again debt free. Now that would suck for Miami fans but at least we'd have a starting calibur RB in Ronnie Brown (I hope).

Scenaio 2: This one scares me even more than the first one. Ricky returns to the Dolphins in July and we trade him for virtually nothing (like a 6th or 7th round pick) and he gets his head in order and is better than any back we have for the next 2 or 3 seasons. That IMHO would suck the most.

The FO and Saban need to deal with this with emotion completely taken out of the picture. They have to do what's best for the team from a business standpoint.

"Here's my take on Ricky, for the last time. He will return to the NFL unless he is a complete idiot, which is possible I guess, becuase it's the only way he can possibly get out of financial trouble. To all of you "I'll beleive when I see it" people, I beleive there is a better chance you see it than don't see it.

For all of the people who are all for trading him, here are the 2 scenarios that would suck for us that I can see:

Scenario 1: We keep Ricky, he puts in a half hearted effort for 2 or 3 season and retires again debt free. Now that would suck for Miami fans but at least we'd have a starting calibur RB in Ronnie Brown (I hope).

Scenaio 2: This one scares me even more than the first one. Ricky returns to the Dolphins in July and we trade him for virtually nothing (like a 6th or 7th round pick) and he gets his head in order and is better than any back we have for the next 2 or 3 seasons. That IMHO would suck the most.

The FO and Saban need to deal with this with emotion completely taken out of the picture. They have to do what's best for the team from a business standpoint.

I agree with you. Ricky really has no choice but to come back. All signs point to him coming back. I don't think it's possible that he will get traded. Saban is a guy who believes in giving people second chances as evidenced by some of his recent signings. There is no way he will get any type of value in a trade offer for Ricky.

Now if Ricky come back I believe he will play hard. He has always been a warrior on the field and I don't see that changing. Now whether his skill, strength and speed have deteriorated or not is a different story. He may not be as good as he once was.

forget about Ricky it's Ronnie's time to shine

F150&Dolfan said:
For What????? Marice Clarrett??? Then we could see who quits first. You guys who think he's worth anything crack me up.

maurice clarret who was drafted in the third round. I guess it takes a direct hit to the head to bring you non believers around. Ricky is the man.

gr8slayer said:
I understand what you are saying but in reality the team, the fans, and Ricky have to be men and treat this as a business matter. Wouldnt you rather have insurance just incase Brown is indeed a bust? The guy was also used to a two running back system, I cant think of a better number two in the league than Ricky Williams.

Like I said before, it never hurts to have two greats at one position.

Hey gr8, haven't seen you in a while.

I agree 100% with what you are saying. The leaders on this team have already stated that they would not mind having Ricky back so there should be no problem on that side of the coin. Like others though, I too worry about the shape that Williams is in. Hopefully he didn't totally let himself go during his time off. Considering the guy was built like a tank to begin with and was in great shape when he left, it shouldn't take too much to get back to a playing level. My major concern would be his weight. He will certainly be a different type of runner if he no longer carries the weight to run over players. Either way, if he can come even close to regaining his form (provided he in fact returns) he would be an excellent addition to Brown in the backfield. Whether Brown is great in the NFL is yet to be seen, but it certainly makes sense to have a proven back to give him a breather during the game. Plus, you never know when you will have that freak injury that knocks your star out for the season.

Having said that, I was originally against taking Williams back. However, if the team and coach are willing to forgive and forget, who am I to say otherwise. Those are the guys that he betrayed on a personal and professional level while I only had to endure one of the Phins worst seasons in franchise history my first season as a season ticket holder. I am all about seeing this team win.......and if Ricky can help the Phins do that, then we need him.

poornate said:
Schleprock said:
yes it does, 90% of everything you use and interact with on a daily basis wouldn't be possible if people weren't lumped into categories for certain reasons.

Sorry, I hate the hippies that use that type of excuse. People are different, people are categorized...face the scientific facts people QUOTE]

You are a lot of what's wrong with relations between different types of people today. You don't seem to have a concept of the gray area in which almost all people live. Being a pot smoker does not make you a hippie anymore than driving a BMW makes me a German. My life cannot be as easily cattegorized as yours obviously. Do not infer that you can lump everyone because it makes you more comfortable.......
WTF are you rambling about 2-3 days later since that post?? Your reading comprehension skills are quite poor to deduce what you did from that post, please try and think a little deeper and read all my posts. (and FYI; my skills with different types of people are quite well, because I have a good grasp on why they are different and don't just use socially cliche junk that other people use for an excuse of their side)

I'll infer anything I want to infer that is supported by the scientific evidence that has been, currently is, or will be collected. If you can't accept that, that is your problem.

HelloMotto said:
maurice clarret who was drafted in the third round. I guess it takes a direct hit to the head to bring you non believers around. Ricky is the man.

I know how good Ricky is but after the antics he pulled he has no trade value. That was my point as getting Clarret would be no value. Get it. I was in no way, shape or form comparing Clarett to Williams. It was knid of a joke to illustrate how little trade value Ricky has. Some of you guys are way too literal. :lol: :lol:

My reading comp has served me well enough to get through college and become a decorated teacher. Not everyone who posts here is a 15 year old with a laptop. I can only aspire to crying wolf about scientific evidence that does not exist. The reality about marijuana being a gateway drug has nothing to do with pot. It has to do with the legality of it. The truth is that people who are willing to reject an unfair and biased law are placed beside people who are using drugs along with marijuana. One doesn't lead to the other it's just that people who are smoking crack have no reason not to smoke pot. Or people who will eventually use harder drugs have no qualms about using marijuana initially. It's like saying that if marijuana didn't exist we would have less people taking exstasy. It's a baseless argument. Do some research before you start spouting off. There is no proof that marijuana leads to anything other than a relaxed state and the desire for a snack.

Back
Top Bottom