Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

Schleprock said:
Sorry, I hate the hippies that use that type of excuse. People are different, people are categorized...face the scientific facts people (completely non-racial, just an example that pops in my head, but how many black olympic swimmers you know of?)

I suggest you either clarify or chose a "non-racial" analogy...

Schleprock said:
The one..and ONLY..reason we got rid of Surtain was because he counted over $8million verse the cap. This is in no way comparable to the RW situation here.

After reading the remainder of this thread, I must say I think the "Training Camp Reporter" is a bit loyal to the old Wanny regime for some reason...

What are you talking about? I was not comparing numbers of the Surtain trade. YOU said, and I quote: "But then we should trade him for a more "solid player" or "pick"? Pssst, you're not guaranteed a more solid player than him if he performs as we are implying..especially if it is only a pick."

Surtain's trade seems to have landed a solid player from a PICK! So a trade of RW, if the right price (2nd or 3rd) could do the very same thing.

As for your other BS comment, I suggest you go back into my history on this site, and you will find out that I never wanted Wanny in the first place. I've been going to training camp a long time. Way before Wanny was ever thought of as an assistant. Well over ten years now. I never went to write reports. I was going a long time just to have fun, and watch my team, and miss work. People found out, and asked me to write up some things. If I'm never able to see another practice again, I'm just fine with that because I still have my season tickets, and will still get to watch my team, up close, and personal anyways.

BUT I tell you what. Given the choice between Wanny, or Ricky, and I'll take Wanny any day of the week. I know for a fact that Wanny will at least give his heart to the team, while RW's might gain 500 yards in two weeks, then quit!!!!!

phillyphinphan said:
Excuse me? Who's jumping on the racial card right away, is someone defensive? I don't appreciate the tone you threaten me with after I stated in parantheses beforehand it was a simple analogy.

Physiological makeup of caucasian and black (excuse me if some don't like that categorization, but in truth not all black are african-americans) is different. Please consult an anthropometrics and physiology book. I'm not going to go deep into explanation here for those who won't know what the heck I am talking about anyway. Also, search Google for the basis of my analogy to try and provide me answers.

Man...why do people have to be so touchy. I bet if my analogy was based on Dutch men's heights or Vietnamese men's leg stride I wouldn't have gotten a reply of "I suggest you either clarify or chose a "non-racial" analogy..."

You guys are all lieing. You say you don't Ricky back, but if he did and ran for 225 against Denver, and went for 1800 yrds this season, you would be buying his jersey again.

I am praying he comes back. Brown is a rookie and we don't know if he is even going to make it in the NFL. If he is Ki-jana Carter the 2nd, then we are screwed. I would love having RW back to share the burden and we all know he can play. Not a bad insurance policy.

phillyphinphan said:

That wasnt a racial comment to ager someone. He is stating the facts...

Black is black...

fin-atic said:
You guys are all lieing. You say you don't Ricky back, but if he did and ran for 225 against Denver, and went for 1800 yrds this season, you would be buying his jersey again.

I am praying he comes back. Brown is a rookie and we don't know if he is even going to make it in the NFL. If he is Ki-jana Carter the 2nd, then we are screwed. I would love having RW back to share the burden and we all know he can play. Not a bad insurance policy.

Call me what you like, but you surely don't know my stubborn (_)_) very well.

Schleprock said:
Excuse me? Who's jumping on the racial card right away, is someone defensive? I don't appreciate the tone you threaten me with after I stated in parantheses beforehand it was a simple analogy.

Physiological makeup of caucasian and black (excuse me if some don't like that categorization, but in truth not all black are african-americans) is different. Please consult an anthropometrics and physiology book. I'm not going to go deep into explanation here for those who won't know what the heck I am talking about anyway. Also, search Google for the basis of my analogy to try and provide me answers.

Man...why do people have to be so touchy. I bet if my analogy was based on Dutch men's heights or Vietnamese men's leg stride I wouldn't have gotten a reply of "I suggest you either clarify or chose a "non-racial" analogy..."

There is no such thing is an african american unless you were born there and came over here or one of your parents were from there and one from the states.

BTW my wife's black.......:)

Ozzy said:
Call me what you like, but you surely don't know my stubborn (_)_) very well.

And that's why I love you.

:roflmao:

AquaAssasin said:
That wasnt a racial comment to ager someone. He is stating the facts...

Black is black...
than you AquaAssassin.

Also, good post by fin-atic. I totally agree, and I don't believe how stubborn someone says they are.

fin-atic said:

Dude Ronnie is much more reliable than Wicky is at this point. I am not oppsed to him returning, but there's no reason to imply we can rely on Wicky when he returns.

For Gods sake the man could turn up to a game in a wedding dress and ask to play in it. Or he could pull his old I have to wear my helmet because I am really your father Luke act again.

Gonk said:
What's the point? We already have our RB in Brown now? It would've made sense if we had drafted at another position but are we using him soley as trade bait? And at that... what could we get for him? Shaun Alexander and Edge couldn't fetch 2nd round picks, so I doubt Ricky would get us anything higher than a 5th
Even if we only got a forth or a fifth round pick for him it would be better than nothing and would put to rest all of the debate about him.

Schleprock said:
than you AquaAssassin.

Also, good post by fin-atic. I totally agree, and I don't believe how stubborn someone says they are.

No problem! Thats the problem with todays society. Everyone is trying to be politically correct. Its stupid. You black, your brown, white..Who cares..

As long as people are educated and speak english when you ask them a question, not "No habla english"....

Fkn joke...

ohall said:
Dude Ronnie is much more reliable than Wicky is at this point. I am not oppsed to him returning, but there's no reason to imply we can rely on Wicky when he returns.

For Gods sake the man could turn up to a game in a wedding dress and ask to play in it. Or he could pull his old I have to wear my helmet because I am really your father Luke act again.

Ronnie isnt anything yet...He hasnt even played a down in the NFL...he is unproven till otherwise...

Back
Top Bottom