Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

mugen said:
Even if we only got a forth or a fifth round pick for him it would be better than nothing and would put to rest all of the debate about him.

You cant trade a guy of that caliber for peanuts. If we are going to trade him we need to increase his value big time because when/if he does get traded he will put up some monster numbers and everyone will be b-tching about how we should have ask for more...

Its a double edge sword. We just have to find out which side is less lethal...

IMO The only way that we can get anything for Ricky is for him to prove he can still play and do a good job of convincing everyone he is still good at it.And the only way he can do that is by playing a full season or whatever is left of it after his suspensions

whatever! like ive said a thousand times in every ricky thread, is that what he did to us was wrong, but I will forgive him if he comes back and helps us win football games. thats all that matters to me is to dominate the NFL.

fin-atic said:
You guys are all lieing. You say you don't Ricky back, but if he did and ran for 225 against Denver, and went for 1800 yrds this season, you would be buying his jersey again.

I am praying he comes back. Brown is a rookie and we don't know if he is even going to make it in the NFL. If he is Ki-jana Carter the 2nd, then we are screwed. I would love having RW back to share the burden and we all know he can play. Not a bad insurance policy.
Your argument is a perfect example of flawed logic. You accuse some of us of lying because of our position on not wanting Ricky back. You say we would want him back if (my bold and italics) he were to produce significantly. Yet this is equivalent to me suggesting that you are lying if you say you would not be royally pi$$ed if we took him back only to have him walk out on us again.
I think most people who are opposed to Williams coming feel this way because we just don't trust the guy. We are wary thta if he comes back there is a strong possibility that he could have a negative impact on the team's moral. People also worry about his commitment. The NFL is not some fantasy roster where you just pick up and dump players withpout worrying about the consequences. It just doesn't work that way. For the last time, it is a question of RISK, and I just don't think, given his history, that he is worth the risk.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Last time I read this garbage it was fellow Dolfans telling us all how Ricky's drug use wasnt a proplem and wouldnt effect the team at all. Hmmm. Guess they were wrong.

Grow up and get a clue. Drugs make you weak and moreover the "hippie Lettuce" is currently illegal. If you are going to live in the greatest country on the planet respect its laws and don't be the weak link. :wink:

Just because we live in the "greatest country on the planet" doesn't mean the law tells each individual how to live their own personal, ideal life.

If weed were legal and socially accepted, there would have never been a problem with Ricky smoking it in the first place. It certainly didn't stop him from winning a rushing title, but it can stop him from playing football for good. There's something wrong with that.

AquaAssasin said:
Ronnie isnt anything yet...He hasnt even played a down in the NFL...he is unproven till otherwise...

Do you honestly have more faith in a loser like Wicky over an over talented HB like Ronnie Brown?

Ronnie may have shown nothing in the NFL, but Wicky shown a lot in the NFL. Unfortunetly for him it is all negative at this point.

SECfootball said:
Just because we live in the "greatest country on the planet" doesn't mean the law tells each individual how to live their own personal, ideal life.

If weed were legal and socially accepted, there would have never been a problem with Ricky smoking it in the first place. It certainly didn't stop him from winning a rushing title, but it can stop him from playing football for good. There's something wrong with that.
There is nothing wrong with that...IT IS ILLEGAL..the premise begins and ends with that..it is illegal for a reason..it has be proven in most cases(not all) .that it leads to other drug use..harder drugs..family related problems...job related problems...the list is many. The reason he is no longer playing football is he broke the rules..KNOWINGLY..he wanted the money and fame that went with playing football...just not the rules that went with it.. Laws are not written for the most part to bust peoples balls...it is that there are people being injured..productivity in the workplace diminishes..and some lives get ruined. Sorry but the Law are the guidelines to our lives. We don't pick and choose the ones we don't like and observe the ones we do.

NYPhinFan said:
There is nothing wrong with that...IT IS ILLEGAL..the premise begins and ends with that..it is illegal for a reason..it has be proven in most cases(not all) .that it leads to other drug use..harder drugs..family related problems...job related problems...the list is many. The reason he is no longer playing football is he broke the rules..KNOWINGLY..he wanted the money and fame that went with playing football...just not the rules that went with it.. Laws are not written for the most part to bust peoples balls...it is that there are people being injured..productivity in the workplace diminishes..and some lives get ruined. Sorry but the Law are the guidelines to our lives. We don't pick and choose the ones we don't like and observe the ones we do.

Speak for yourself. The laws have been formed to try to find the ONE right way to live. We're never going to find it. Laws are made with every intention of having someone out there be punished for breaking it.

To quote Daniel Quinn (you = society/us)

"You’ve never found anything to do that makes better sense than punishing people for doing exactly what you expected them to do in the first place. The very officials you elect to uphold the laws break them. Police officers are much more likely to take up crime than criminals are to take up law enforcement. It’s called ‘going with the flow.’ And at the same time your pillars of society somehow find it possible to become indignant over the fact that some people have little respect for the law"

Weed has proven to lead to family and work related problems soley because it is illegal. Call it a gateway drug all you want, it's legal in the Netherlands and their hard drug use rate is lower than our's.

Ricky did what he thought was best for himself at the time. His timing, while rather unfortunate for us, I'm sure wasn't intentional. I can't blame him for seeking contentment.

Schleprock said:
Has a good year. Comes and shows "he is back". But then we should trade him for a more "solid player" or "pick"? Pssst, you're not guaranteed a more solid player than him if he performs as we are implying..especially if it is only a pick.

And this was never about Miami as a city, it was about WANNSTEDT. I don't think he needs to go anywhere to be happy playing football.

Oh, and as I have stated before here...with my educational background I feel fairly confident when I make guesstimates about a MAJORITY (ie. not "all") of a populations action....because that's my job.

I hope you are right about it being all Wanny. But I'm sure a more solid player would not flee his team right before the season if unhappy about the coach. Just to emphasize that point, I meant solid as a player on and off the field. A strait head on his shoulders. Not just a player on the field. Hopefully you and your educated background (something so few of us have that one should always point out about themselves:roflmao: ) will comumblestand that this time.

I think you should change your name to
Schleprock said:
Excuse me? Who's jumping on the racial card right away, is someone defensive? I don't appreciate the tone you threaten me with after I stated in parantheses beforehand it was a simple analogy.

Physiological makeup of caucasian and black (excuse me if some don't like that categorization, but in truth not all black are african-americans) is different. Please consult an anthropometrics and physiology book. I'm not going to go deep into explanation here for those who won't know what the heck I am talking about anyway. Also, search Google for the basis of my analogy to try and provide me answers.

Man...why do people have to be so touchy. I bet if my analogy was based on Dutch men's heights or Vietnamese men's leg stride I wouldn't have gotten a reply of "I suggest you either clarify or chose a "non-racial" analogy..."
I think you should change your name to Schleprick, :lol: because you are just looking for a way to ruffle feathers in this thread. Get a good night of sleep. You will feel better in the morning.

Hummer23 said:
Well at least you're not buyest. I would rather have a Ronnie Brown bust then Ricky coming back because of what he did to me, the team, and other dolfans.

Did you mean biased?

"because of what he did to me, the team, and other dolfans." That's the problem, Ricky didn't do anything to you! Your life and the Dolphins fate would have been exactly the same as it is now, had Ricky broken his leg and sat out 2004.

grendel said:
"because of what he did to me, the team, and other dolfans." That's the problem, Ricky didn't do anything to you! Your life and the Dolphins fate would have been exactly the same as it is now, had Ricky broken his leg and sat out 2004.

Ricky did do something to me!! He quit on my team, the one I pay over 3,000 bucks a year to see!

Fate?

You know nothing about football if your going to sit here and say that with Ricky this team wins the same amount of games.

I have news for you. As bad as Wanny coaches, he still never had a losing season in Miami, until his star runner got popped for dope....never!

ohall said:
And that's why I love you.

:roflmao:

:D

I've always loved to go back and forth with the Finatic. He is almost as stubborn as me, but at least he knows football. I don't have to agree with it all, but he can make his sides.....

Back
Top Bottom