Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

If this is true, I feel like a total hypocrite because I really didn't want him back last season no matter how bad we were doing. I don't know why I'm acting so soft now and willing to welcome him w/ open arms.

Gonk said:
What's the point? We already have our RB in Brown now? It would've made sense if we had drafted at another position but are we using him soley as trade bait? And at that... what could we get for him? Shaun Alexander and Edge couldn't fetch 2nd round picks, so I doubt Ricky would get us anything higher than a 5th
He would back up Brown. He also doent have a source of income right now.

phinfan2003 said:
If this is true, I feel like a total hypocrite because I really didn't want him back last season no matter how bad we were doing. I don't know why I'm acting so soft now and willing to welcome him w/ open arms.

Because you saw what a 4-12 season looked like.

I don't doubt it. The writing has been on the wall for a while. Ricky doesn't want to have to pay back that money and it has been made clear that if he doesn't come back he will have to either pay back the money or declare bankruptcy. Plus, he misses the game now. Drafting Ronnie and getting Linehan was a clear indication that he won't be pounded into the middle like before.

The REAL question is, is his heart back in the game, and how would the locker room accept him back. I have no doubt Ricky will be effective on the field.

Section126 said:
This is not a "Ricky Post" this a report from a "respected" journalist from the Miami Herald.

I don't mean to come at your post, but I don't want to see anything about Ricky until I hear from him that he is coming back.

Any reports on when Ricky or the team will announce this? And will he be joining their camp anytime soon ?

X-Con said:
Come on Ricky, you have about a month & a half to find a way to catch a heart attack or something.........please.

:roflmao::roflmao:

I thought only people in Louisiana said "he CAUGHT a heart attack, or CAUGHT cancer..."

:lol:

BTW, I agree X. We don't need that media circus around here.

Ricky needs to go F himself I don't ever want to see him back on Miami, I take pride in the Dolphins and he walked out on the team. If we had him last year we could've easily gone 10-6 you all know how close all of the games were. After what he did he shouldn't be allowed back in the league, if one of us had smoked weed and quit a job there's no way in he!! that we would get that job back and we'd probably be in jail

touborg said:
Any reports on when Ricky or the team will announce this? And will he be joining their camp anytime soon ?

As per NFL rules...he cannot come back till July.

I'll believe it when I see it. With that said I hope I do see it, because a combination of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown in the backfield would make us light years better on offense and could make us contenders, sooner than later.

As for the Ricky haters and people calling me hypocrite, I have supported Ricky ever since he stepped foot in the NFL, and while I wasn't happy with his decision last summer, I understand why he did it and hopefully, Saban can help him get his head on straight and regain the form he had two years ago.

nick19991 said:
Ricky needs to go F himself I don't ever want to see him back on Miami, I take pride in the Dolphins and he walked out on the team. If we had him last year we could've easily gone 10-6 you all know how close all of the games were. After what he did he shouldn't be allowed back in the league, if one of us had smoked weed and quit a job there's no way in he!! that we would get that job back and we'd probably be in jail

The question is, in hindsight, would you have wanted to go 10-6? I can say I wouldnt if it meant keeping Wanny and not getting Saban in the fold.

I guess Rick just bought the original Whizanator. Dried urine sold separate.

I'd take Ricky over Brown any day. If you are lucky you will end up with the "problem" SD has with Rivers and Brees, having two outstanding players at one position is not always a bad thing.

I will be soooooooo glad when this season finally starts and this 05 Dolphins team can finally lay to REST the Ricky-coming-back rumors!!
:fire:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom