Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

nick19991 said:
Ricky will be traded all in due time

If he comes back, he will NOT be traded. AT least not until he has played for a full season and proven he is still a good back. If not -- who the hell would trade anything for him?

nick19991 said:
your right but I never would say I'd rather go 4-12 then 10-6 but getting Saban is great and we have a good thing going thats why I don't want Ricky, he could create a big problem again

How so? Yes, hiring Nick Saban was a great move by the Dolphins, but in what way would Ricky's return create a big problem? One of the main reasons he left was because he was abused in Wanny's wad-ball offense, it was impractical, predictable and just BAD. If Ricky does in fact return, Saban could use help him get his head on straight and use his properly, splitting time with a helluva running back in Ronnie Brown. That would be great in my opinion, not a problem.

Hummer23 said:
Well at least you're not buyest. I would rather have a Ronnie Brown bust then Ricky coming back because of what he did to me, the team, and other dolfans.
I understand what you are saying but in reality the team, the fans, and Ricky have to be men and treat this as a business matter. Wouldnt you rather have insurance just incase Brown is indeed a bust? The guy was also used to a two running back system, I cant think of a better number two in the league than Ricky Williams.

Like I said before, it never hurts to have two greats at one position.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
If he comes back, he will NOT be traded. AT least not until he has played for a full season and proven he is still a good back. If not -- who the hell would trade anything for him?

after a year is in all due time :rolleyes:

I had said it a while ago, and it was well recieved as a funny line and truthful also......so I will quote myself:

Section126: "We are talking about the Demon here folks!..He may be a nutcase, but when that guy puts on that Uniform and steps onto the field, you know it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Let me remind you all of what this guy was and what he could be.....AGAIN.

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.

Thats an honest statement from a realistic fan. I'm not saying I think Ronnie will flop, but obviously you know a premier back when you see one.

touborg said:
Yea, but presumably he's lost a lot of weight, and he's been out of the game for a year. I'd think he wanted to get back with the team and start working out as soon as possible. If that happens, he has to announce his return to the press. Waiting till July seems like a gamble.

If he comes back before July he has to sit out the whole year so that will never happen.

Ronnie Brown and Caddy are two star running backs who led a team to an undefeated season. Who's to say H2 and another great back can't repeat the feat? :D

nick19991 said:
my thoughts exactly Run Away Ricky Run Away
you're crazy. I couldnt care less if I get bashed for this either. I would love for Ricky to come back. He would be an asset to this team not matter how you try and spin it

MarksBrothers85 said:
How so? Yes, hiring Nick Saban was a great move by the Dolphins, but in what way would Ricky's return create a big problem? One of the main reasons he left was because he was abused in Wanny's wad-ball offense, it was impractical, predictable and just BAD. If Ricky does in fact return, Saban could use help him get his head on straight and use his properly, splitting time with a helluva running back in Ronnie Brown. That would be great in my opinion, not a problem.

don't be blinded into beleiving that he quit because of being worked too hard, that was just his attempt of covering up the fact that all he cared about was smoking weed. and do you really want a player back who quits because of working too hard? thats what you do at work or at least thats what your supposed to do

Why are you all so mad he is coming back? Worst case we trade him for something reasonably good. Best case he and Brown make an amazing unstoppable running force. Screw QB, we can just have Booker do that on occasion.

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.
I would say 95% sure....
Do you honestly think that N Saban would have taken the chance of drafting R Brown 2nd overall in the draft if he had even an inkling that he wouldn't be worth the pick??
Williams has tainted his carreer with his action's last season... There has never been a question of Ricky's talent and what he can or could bring to the game since he has been a Dolphin....
But how in the hell can anyone and I do mean ANYONE trust this guy to fullfill his contract?
I would rather take a chance on a talented and the best r-b in this draft R-Brown than bring back a pot smoking moron like Williams!!!!

Marino1983

Section126 said:
Because you saw what a 4-12 season looked like.

Could be but even while we were struggling last year and friends of mine were asking "would you take him back?" I adamantly said no even if we sucked. I guess it could be because now if he comes back, he would just be another piece to the puzzle instead of the centerpiece. That would be one hell of a backfield w/ Ronnie, Ricky, Gordon, and co. This could also mean that Morris, Harris, and Minor are all fighting for 1 spot.

Section126 said:
I had said it a while ago, and it was well recieved as a funny line and truthful also......so I will quote myself:

Section126: "We are talking about the Demon here folks!..He may be a nutcase, but when that guy puts on that Uniform and steps onto the field, you know it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Let me remind you all of what this guy was and what he could be.....AGAIN.
I agree. He is was an awesome football player. His return would only strengthin this team. I'll be thrilled if he returns.

DolphinDevil28 said:
You've obviously not watched Ronnie Brown that much. :shakeno:

I guess the same way all the bills fans were sure a running back who missed two years with one of the worst ACL injuries I've ever seen could make it in the NFL.
Did you see me say that "Ronnie Brown would be a bust?" No so shut it.

Secondly I did watch alot of Ronnie Brown in college but I also watched alot of Ki-Jana Carter, what happened to him? I would have no problem at all if Ronnie Brown had a 1500+ yard season this year and blew everyone away, I love seeing success from rookies no matter what team they are on but in reality the chances of that happening are less than the chances that he will be a bust.

Third, what Buffalo fan told you that we have confidence in Willis before this season? I can tell you that at first I hated the fact that he got the nod over Henry, I hated the fact that we were going with a guy that we knew nothing about as a professional over a guy who just got off two 1300+ yard seasons.

Keep in mind that how you do in college really means nothing once you step on the field as a pro. Now act your age and not your IQ, just because I am a Bills fan does not mean I am here to talk "smack," I have never talked "smack" on this board and dont plan on starting.

Back
Top Bottom