Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'm not surprised at all....

I just hope his heart is still in the game.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Yeah. Coming back to help your debt problems will not help the team much. The guy is a gifted athlete so he can probably be pretty good at worst. But with the distraction, we need more than that out of him to make it worth it. Then, if he plays well for a year, trade him for a pick as I've been saying all winter!!!

WitheringPlant said:
Why are you all so mad he is coming back? Worst case we trade him for something reasonably good. Best case he and Brown make an amazing unstoppable running force. Screw QB, we can just have Booker do that on occasion.

you need the pass to set up the run and vis versa

gr8slayer said:
I understand what you are saying but in reality the team, the fans, and Ricky have to be men and treat this as a business matter. Wouldnt you rather have insurance just incase Brown is indeed a bust? The guy was also used to a two running back system, I cant think of a better number two in the league than Ricky Williams. Like I said before, it never hurts to have two greats at one position.

I know, but I will always remember that day when I heard he quit and I will never forgive him.

Section126 said:
Jason Cole on SUN Sports 4 minutes ago just said: "Look, the people I have talked too have told me that he is DEFINATELY coming back in July...he will serve his 4 game suspension and will be in uniform...the question is if he will be an effective player again." (Paraphrasing)

HAVE AT IT.......
Thanks for the update Section. I'm really surprised to hear Jason Cole say that he is DEFINITELY coming back in July, and that he will serve his 4 game suspension while in uniform. I know a lot of people are excited... digusted... and are confused not knowing what to feel. With Ricky staying out of trouble, having the right mind set, and still having love for the game... there is no doubt in my mind that we are and will be a better team. There's still far too many question marks though, and I'm not sure if anyone will ever really be convinced if he's turned over a new leaf. First thing he has to do is decide whether or not he still wants to play for this team and will dedicate himself to do so. Next he will have to get off/stay off the marijuana if he hasn't already. And third... he'll have to start getting back into football shape if he hasn't already (I honestly believe that he has been training) and if everything works out for the best... he'll be ready to go. It's far too early for everyone to be getting there hopes up... this isn't definite. Even if Ricky says it's definitely ,that doesn't mean a whole lot nowadays. All I can say is I'm exciting about this season...

Ricky Williams when on the top of his game is the most dominant RB in the leauge IMO, an unpoular one im sure... Somone tht big should not be tht quick and fast.

I think i mite have to accept him back.

Watch him say he's going to come back, get everyone's hopes up..then he says he changed his mind.

Where's all the we hate jason Cole posts. Jason hates the dolphins posts, and the beat writers suck posts? If he comes back he comes back. If he gives us an oppurtunity to win one game then he's welcome back. He'll get booed untill he runs for a few TD's then he'll be forever forgiven.
Lets not forget that it is not yet july so he can change his mind :D

gr8slayer said:
Did you see me say that "Ronnie Brown would be a bust?" No so shut it.

Secondly I did watch alot of Ronnie Brown in college but I also watched alot of Ki-Jana Carter, what happened to him? I would have no problem at all if Ronnie Brown had a 1500+ yard season this year and blew everyone away, I love seeing success from rookies no matter what team they are on but in reality the chances of that happening are less than the chances that he will be a bust.

Third, what Buffalo fan told you that we have confidence in Willis before this season? I can tell you that at first I hated the fact that he got the nod over Henry, I hated the fact that we were going with a guy that we knew nothing about as a professional over a guy who just got off two 1300+ yard seasons.

Keep in mind that how you do in college really means nothing once you step on the field as a pro. Now act your age and not your IQ, just because I am a Bills fan does not mean I am here to talk "smack," I have never talked "smack" on this board and dont plan on starting.

WHHHOOOOOAAAAA Neeellllyyy, Go take some Midol, guy.

I think you took my comment a little too seriously.

Maybe you weren't all jacked up when McGahee was drafted and got the nod, but I'll tell you right now 99% of bills fans who post here were and they said it on here.

And about Ronnie, please, please don't compare him to Ki-Jana Carter. Completely different scenarios.

And don't ask me to differentiate because if you are as smart a football fan as you say you are then I trust you know the contrasts.

Section126 said:
Let me remind you all of what this guy was and what he could be.....AGAIN.
The key words in YOUR post are "WAS" and "COULD BE" 126......
But YOU are entitiled to your opinion!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

nick19991 said:
after a year is in all due time :rolleyes:

Yeah, didn't mean to burn you : )

I know that we keep talking about this -- but what else is there.

I really think that he is coming back. I want him to, but I don't really care that much either way. I just really think that there was a reason that Saban was talking about 'He is used to running in a two back system' etc.

If Ricky Williams returns to the Dolphins, make no mistake -- we will have an absolute POWERHOUSE. Never does a team get to have two runningbacks like that, the only reason we would is because he owes us a fortune and his salary is not an issue. That makes for an unlevel playing field, however you look at it.

WitheringPlant said:
Why are you all so mad he is coming back? Worst case we trade him for something reasonably good. Best case he and Brown make an amazing unstoppable running force. Screw QB, we can just have Booker do that on occasion.

I agree, but your worst case looks better than your best case to me. Best case, he plays great and so does Brown. We trade RW for whatever we can get with his uncertain ways (no matter how good he is), and Ronnie continues to go great!

nick19991 said:
don't be blinded into beleiving that he quit because of being worked too hard, that was just his attempt of covering up the fact that all he cared about was smoking weed. and do you really want a player back who quits because of working too hard? thats what you do at work or at least thats what your supposed to do
He quit because he was scared that people would find out he smoked weed. After your third failed drug test you are suspended for four games, and everyone would have found out. He thought if he quit no one would find out. Stupid logic? yes. But he was a GREAT football player, and would only help this team come next year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
:roflmao::roflmao:

I thought only people in Louisiana said "he CAUGHT a heart attack, or CAUGHT cancer..."

:lol:

It's a Southside thing, bruh......:D

If Cole is reporting it, there is good chance there is some validity to the story. He is by far the best journalist covering the Dolphins IMO. As to the story itself, I'm not at all happy about it. I really hope Saban is just goiing to showcase him to other teams so we can get something in return. I'm not going to go all over the details as to why I feel this way; the subject has been discussed ad nauseaum. I'll just say to those who feel he deserves a second chance that we gave him severl chances to come back and all he did was make his coaches, the fans, the organisation and himself look like fools.

Back
Top Bottom