Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

I sorta hate Ricky too, but I look at the whole picture. If that needed to be done (Fate) to get this organization on the right track SO BE IT! We were not going to win last year. Look at where we are headed, so lets look at the bright side. I dont regret what Ricky did at this point as I see us benefitting from that in the long run. So shut up you haters and just enjoy the future!

PhinDude88 said:
Dude what is up with you keep with the word bust? Hate to break it to you but Losman is in he same boat as Brown is.
If you can find a post where I said Losman is a sure thing Ill wire you $100 bucks right now.

I unlike many people am a realistic fan. I can accept the fact that young players all have the potential to be complete **** ups (Better wording?) Perhaps you should jump on the realistic ship and realize that I am in no way wishing harm to Ronnie or saying he is going to be a "bust."

DolphinDevil28 said:
Correct, you don't ever know.

But, with his imposing power, speed, hands, blocking and history of health and durability...not to mention going into an offensive system that fits him PERFECTLY, I'd say the chances of him succeeding are way more than of him failing.
No doubt about it, I would however like to bring up your point about durability. He did indeed play in a two running back offense in college. Which means he basically split time and was not even the number one guy so he most likely played less snaps than did Williams.

Of relivance? Perhaps not but a valid point none the less.

Section126 said:
I had said it a while ago, and it was well recieved as a funny line and truthful also......so I will quote myself:

Section126: "We are talking about the Demon here folks!..He may be a nutcase, but when that guy puts on that Uniform and steps onto the field, you know it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Let me remind you all of what this guy was and what he could be.....AGAIN.

Very true.
I can't stand Ricky for what he did, but I have always thought that he was the PERFECT running back. What he did in '02 was simply amazing.

I am not being biased of this but if Ricky starts to click again and Feeley does the same. Then i can honestly say that we could go very deep into the playoffs this year.

gr8slayer said:
No doubt about it, I would however like to bring up your point about durability. He did indeed play in a two running back offense in college. Which means he basically split time and was not even the number one guy so he most likely played less snaps than did Williams.

Here's the only thing that people forget when they bring up your point.

Just because Caddy got more carries, doesn't mean he actually played more than Ronnie.

Caddy was/is a great pure runner. Ronnie's VERSATILITY allowed Auburn to move him to fullback, H-back and even wide reciever when Caddy was the running back.

Ronnie was still on the field when Caddy carried the ball, make no mistake about it. However, when Ronnie ran the ball, Caddy was on the sideline because he didn't have the versatility of a Ronnie Brown.

...and by the way, dude runs HARD.

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.

Look, nobody is questionng his ability. You are right, when healthy nobody comes close to being as good as Ricky. But when you say you would take him over any back, that is where I disagree with you. Sure, ideally speaking, everyone could just completely forget what happened, make peace and move on. But that isn't very realistic. He burned a lot of bridges in Miami.

Taking him back would not be as easy as you seem to suggest. The guy fouled things up pretty bad, and continued to do so for the following months after his departure. You just can't ignore what he did. Not for reasons of bitterness or animosity, but simply because you can't trust the guy. If we were to take him back, there are no guarantees that he wouldn't just pull another stunt like he did in the past. The guy has a history of walking to the beat of his own drum. I don't think Saban is too keen on "me first" guys. As bad as the fallout was when he jumped ship last summer, can you imagine how destructive it would be if it happened again? I know there is temptation , but you just have to resist. It's like this kid McPherson in the draft. He had loads of potential but he didn't go until the fifth because of his history. These players are huge risks. Sure, they could help you out, but there is also a big chance they could cause you all sorts of headaches. We drafted a RB with a bright future, and I think Saban is gonna keep to the plan. Take him back for camp, show him off, and dump his a$$ for picks.

gr8slayer said:

What you have been saying about Ronnie's future production ? is right on the money and just common sense. Busts happen.

gr8slayer said:
Well in reality do you think that any coach, no matter how much experience he has is going to take someone he doesnt think will be an all star?

Saban, myself, you all, and the rest of the United States think that Ronnie was worth the pick. You seem like a realistic guy so Ill assume that you agree that there is a more realistic chance that he will bust instead of being great correct?

Having said that I think that it would be a great thing to have Ricky Williams as an isurance policy at least this season. If Brown breaks out, then trade Williams at the end of the season. Its not like Ricky is going to hold out if he comes back, the guy owes you $8 million.

Going back to what you said about Saban picking the best RB in the draft. Just some past picks that were "the best" that just didnt go the right way.

Ryan Leaf
KJ Carter (injury can happen to anyone)
Terrance Newman (hated here in Dallas)
Mike Williams (OL, Buffalo Bills, sucks for a number four pick)

These are just a few off the top of my head. Once again let me restate. I hope that Ronnie Brown has a great year and career (other than his games against us, Ricky was our nightmare everytime, we dont need that again).
There is always a possibilty yes but considering that Saban has coached against this guy for 2 or 3 years and he has seen more of R Brown than most NFL scouts, having typed that, I would trust Sabans judgement a 100%!!!
And considering the first rnd bust's including the ones that you posted,, it has to be in the back of all Dolphin fan minds....

But also considering what transpired last season I think that you would be hard pressed to find many Dolphin fans who are not thrilled and pumped up about the changes this team has gone through and will continue to go through with N Saban as h-c...

Marino1983

DolphinDevil28 said:
Here's the only thing that people forget when they bring up your point.

Just because Caddy got more carries, doesn't mean he actually played more than Ronnie.

Caddy was/is a great pure runner. Ronnie's VERSATILITY allowed Auburn to move him to fullback, H-back and even wide reciever when Caddy was the running back.

Ronnie was still on the field when Caddy carried the ball, make no mistake about it. However, when Ronnie ran the ball, Caddy was on the sideline because he didn't have the versatility of a Ronnie Brown.

...and by the way, dude runs HARD.
No doubt about it, I am simply saying that carries wise, Williams had many more than did Brown. But I understand what you are saying.

There is no doubt that Ronnie will be expected to make an imidiate impact but can he maintain his durability? Can he run behind that awful OL? (Yes the Bills have a horrible OL too so dont get your panties in a twist)

How about we drop both our arguments untill the end of the season, because realistically (theres that word again) only time will tell.

phinian said:
1. ricky doesn't deserve to put on a dolphin uniform again.
2. we dont deserve to have to watch him put a phin uni on again.

we have been through enough with this clown. i dont even care if we get a 5th for him. i dont want him on the team. i dont want him near r. brown. he is not worth it. the guy is scumbag,, just is.. its like i always say, you cant polish a turd.

Untill that turd is getting you 70-120 yards a game 3 TDs 5-10 3rd down conversions. Suddenly that turd you call it is Gold. And if he flips out then we flush its a no lose situation for us all Win Win for the dolphins. He can even teach ronnie brown a thing or two (on teh field not off )

Section126 said:
Jason Cole on SUN Sports 4 minutes ago just said: "Look, the people I have talked too have told me that he is DEFINATELY coming back in July...he will serve his 4 game suspension and will be in uniform...the question is if he will be an effective player again." (Paraphrasing)

HAVE AT IT.......
Thanks for the info. Great News, you just made my day (and tomorrow because it is past 8:00pm now.):D

nick19991 said:
Ricky needs to go F himself I don't ever want to see him back on Miami, I take pride in the Dolphins and he walked out on the team. If we had him last year we could've easily gone 10-6 you all know how close all of the games were. After what he did he shouldn't be allowed back in the league, if one of us had smoked weed and quit a job there's no way in he!! that we would get that job back and we'd probably be in jail

You dont exactly go to jail for failing a drug test...

Even if Ronnie is plays like an All-Pro, we will definitely need depth at RB.
You almost never see a rookie running back make it through an entire season at a high productivity rate. Rookies just wear down at the end of the year.

gr8slayer said:
No doubt about it, I am simply saying that carries wise, Williams had many more than did Brown. But I understand what you are saying.

There is no doubt that Ronnie will be expected to make an imidiate impact but can he maintain his durability? Can he run behind that awful OL? (Yes the Bills have a horrible OL too so dont get your panties in a twist)

How about we drop both our arguments untill the end of the season, because realistically (theres that word again) only time will tell.

I'm not arguing, I thought we were having a football conversation?

...and I get what you are saying about the carries.

...and I know our offensive line was the worst in football (playground, high school, college, etc...) last year, but we got Hudson Houck and signed a few guys. We'll be better (I didn't say good, just "better") than last year.

Just like McNally should develop your line better with a year under his belt.

Back
Top Bottom