Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

Marino1983 said:
I would say 95% sure....
Do you honestly think that N Saban would have taken the chance of drafting R Brown 2nd overall in the draft if he had even an inkling that he wouldn't be worth the pick??
Williams has tainted his carreer with his action's last season... There has never been a question of Ricky's talent and what he can or could bring to the game since he has been a Dolphin....
But how in the hell can anyone and I do mean ANYONE trust this guy to fullfill his contract?
I would rather take a chance on a talented and the best r-b in this draft R-Brown than bring back a pot smoking moron like Williams!!!!

Marino1983
Well in reality do you think that any coach, no matter how much experience he has is going to take someone he doesnt think will be an all star?

Saban, myself, you all, and the rest of the United States think that Ronnie was worth the pick. You seem like a realistic guy so Ill assume that you agree that there is a more realistic chance that he will bust instead of being great correct?

Having said that I think that it would be a great thing to have Ricky Williams as an isurance policy at least this season. If Brown breaks out, then trade Williams at the end of the season. Its not like Ricky is going to hold out if he comes back, the guy owes you $8 million.

Going back to what you said about Saban picking the best RB in the draft. Just some past picks that were "the best" that just didnt go the right way.

Ryan Leaf
KJ Carter (injury can happen to anyone)
Terrance Newman (hated here in Dallas)
Mike Williams (OL, Buffalo Bills, sucks for a number four pick)

These are just a few off the top of my head. Once again let me restate. I hope that Ronnie Brown has a great year and career (other than his games against us, Ricky was our nightmare everytime, we dont need that again).

Hummer23 said:
I know, but I will always remember that day when I heard he quit and I will never forgive him.

that beautiful sunday morning last aug was like aprils fools day but without the april.....

i thought it was a joke but then i saw it on the news and it was real....

one sure way of miami taking a step back is having that flake rejoin the team....
would be a huge mistake

DolphinDevil28 said:
WHHHOOOOOAAAAA Neeellllyyy, Go take some Midol, guy.

I think you took my comment a little too seriously.

Maybe you weren't all jacked up when McGahee was drafted and got the nod, but I'll tell you right now 99% of bills fans who post here were and they said it on here.

And about Ronnie, please, please don't compare him to Ki-Jana Carter. Completely different scenarios.

And don't ask me to differentiate because if you are as smart a football fan as you say you are then I trust you know the contrasts.
If what you say holds true then 99% of the Bills fans on this board are in complete denial because I have saved links of comments made about Willis being drafted. we HATED it for the most part. We had many needs and one of them was not RB. Thank goodness it has worked out SO FAR. Thats not to say that he is going to be a great RB, I dont trust a guy after just one good season.

I completely understand that Ronnie and KJ are different scenarios but dont you think there is a possibility that it could (dont want it to but could) happen to Ronnie? You never know.

DolphinDevil28 said:
WHHHOOOOOAAAAA Neeellllyyy, Go take some Midol, guy.

I think you took my comment a little too seriously.

Maybe you weren't all jacked up when McGahee was drafted and got the nod, but I'll tell you right now 99% of bills fans who post here were and they said it on here.

And about Ronnie, please, please don't compare him to Ki-Jana Carter. Completely different scenarios.

And don't ask me to differentiate because if you are as smart a football fan as you say you are then I trust you know the contrasts.

I want to talk about the Ronnie could be a bust idea too. He could be. I think it would more likely happen as a result of an injury than anything else. He has the physical tools and can catch too, so I see him getting yards and scores somehow, if healthy. Hopefully so. But there's never a sure rookie that's true.

J Tes said:
He quit because he was scared that people would find out he smoked weed. After your third failed drug test you are suspended for four games, and everyone would have found out. He thought if he quit no one would find out. Stupid logic? yes. But he was a GREAT football player, and would only help this team come next year.

yeah I know he would help this team but I know there's a risk of him quitting again. I'm also a little biased since I no longer like Ricky and I want to see what Brown can do when he has a chance with the majority of the carries

I have moxed feelings with Ricky returning. I just hope that he wont take away Browns production on the field.

nick19991 said:
yeah I know he would help this team but I know there's a risk of him quitting again. I'm also a little biased since I no longer like Ricky and I want to see what Brown can do when he has a chance with the majority of the carries
Whats the risk of him quiting again? What if he does? We still have Ronnie Brown, Morris, Harris,Minor and Gordon.

gr8slayer said:
If what you say holds true then 99% of the Bills fans on this board are in complete denial because I have saved links of comments made about Willis being drafted. we HATED it for the most part. We had many needs and one of them was not RB. Thank goodness it has worked out SO FAR. Thats not to say that he is going to be a great RB, I dont trust a guy after just one good season.

I completely understand that Ronnie and KJ are different scenarios but dont you think there is a possibility that it could (dont want it to but could) happen to Ronnie? You never know.

Dude what is up with you keep with the word bust? Hate to break it to you but Losman is in the same boat as Brown is.

As a fan, not a coach, not an owner, not a stock holder in the team. If i told you I could assemble a team of misfits and hooligans , there would be some suspensions, but we would win the superbowl would you want it to happen. If you say No Get off your high horse. We all want to see the team win. All this happy boyscout crap is exactly that CRAP. If ricky can help us win then throw a jersey on him and get him on the field. If AJ (our moderator not feeley) can help the dolphins win then I want him on the field. Whatever it takes to win thats the bottom line because winning means $$$ and $$$ is what its all about. Entertainment buisness is there strictly for money not for morals. Welcome back ricky now get your punk A$$ back into shape and score me some TD's

patsdynasty said:
that beautiful sunday morning last aug was like aprils fools day but without the april.....

i thought it was a joke but then i saw it on the news and it was real....

one sure way of miami taking a step back is having that flake rejoin the team....
would be a huge mistake

You are just scared that we will have two good RB's...... :evil:

dolphan north said:
I want to talk about the Ronnie could be a bust idea too. He could be. I think it would more likely happen as a result of an injury than anything else. He has the physical tools and can catch too, so I see him getting yards and scores somehow, if healthy. Hopefully so. But there's never a sure rookie that's true.
And that is exactly my point.

In Bills camp right now the big talk is about Roscoe Parrish and what an amazing camp he is having. I have even heard talks of this being Moulds last year as a Bill because Roscoe is doing so well. I can tell you right now that I am no where near impressed with him untill I see consecutive years of productivity.

I was actually more hyped up about having an athletic TE like Everett and let me tell you, we Bills had huge expectations for that guy. Well what happened to him? It can happen to anyone at anytime.

Happened to me on the last play of practice, tore my ACL, fractured my femur, shattered my knee cap, and tore my MCL. Last play of practice.

Of course I am not and dont claim to be anywhere near the athlete that any of these guys are but keep in mind, they are human.

gr8slayer said:

Correct, you don't ever know.

But, with his imposing power, speed, hands, blocking and history of health and durability...not to mention going into an offensive system that fits him PERFECTLY, I'd say the chances of him succeeding are way more than of him failing.

1. ricky doesn't deserve to put on a dolphin uniform again.
2. we dont deserve to have to watch him put a phin uni on again.

we have been through enough with this clown. i dont even care if we get a 5th for him. i dont want him on the team. i dont want him near r. brown. he is not worth it. the guy is scumbag,, just is.. its like i always say, you cant polish a turd.

I never held anything against Ricky. The way he quit was a mistake, we have all made mistakes. A previous poster said if one of us quit our job we would never be asked back... I disagree. If you have a super producer, someone who is elite at what they do, you get more chances than a regular person. That is just life.

Being an NFL running back changes the quality of your life. It makes you rich and famous, but it takes years off of your life. The way Ricky was being used, he probably would have been dead by 45... would you trade the rest of your life for fame? Would you trade watching your kids grow up for a few million dollars?

I am not defending the way he quit, it was wrong. Ricky has demons, more than most, less than others. I for one will welcome him back. If he is the same running back he was before, that is just gravy.

Back
Top Bottom