Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

phinsforever said:
Look, nobody is questionng his ability. You are right, when healthy nobody comes close to being as good as Ricky. But when you say you would take him over any back, that is where I disagree with you. Sure, ideally speaking, everyone could just completely forget what happened, make peace and move on. But that isn't very realistic. He burned a lot of bridges in Miami.

Taking him back would not be as easy as you seem to suggest. The guy fouled things up pretty bad, and continued to do so for the following months after his departure. You just can't ignore what he did. Not for reasons of bitterness or animosity, but simply because you can't trust the guy. If we were to take him back, there are no guarantees that he wouldn't just pull another stunt like he did in the past. The guy has a history of walking to the beat of his own drum. I don't think Saban is too keen on "me first" guys. As bad as the fallout was when he jumped ship last summer, can you imagine how destructive it would be if it happened again? I know there is temptation , but you just have to resist. It's like this kid McPherson in the draft. He had loads of potential but he didn't go until the fifth because of his history. These players are huge risks. Sure, they could help you out, but there is also a big chance they could cause you all sorts of headaches. We drafted a RB with a bright future, and I think Saban is gonna keep to the plan. Take him back for camp, show him off, and dump his a$$ for picks.
I cant say I completely disagree with you but it is possible for people to change. I think that we as fans tend to forget that these guys are 21-25 years of age and will make mistakes. Im quite sure that Ricky regrets all he has done and if given the chance would do things alot differently.

What if he does come back and you can have two thousand yard backs? Hell even if he comes back and has 500 yards playing behind Brown that will up his value and he can be traded for a second rounder instead of a sixth or seventh. In the end the Dolphins of Miami win no matter which route Ricky takes. He could be a great situational RB on third and short, or even on the goal line.

With all of Browns potential he is no where near the strength and power of Ricky Williams, even a Ricky that has been out of football for a year. Brown also is not as polished as Williams. Perhaps Ronnie could even learn a thing or two about how to play the game from Ricky? Never hurts to have an experienced mentor by your side when your 22 year old Ronnie Brown.

finswin56 said:
Even if Ronnie is plays like an All-Pro, we will definitely need depth at RB.
You almost never see a rookie running back make it through an entire season at a high productivity rate. Rookies just wear down at the end of the year.

Kevin Jones and Julius Jones did a great job at the end of last year.

PhinDude88 said:
Kevin Jones and Julius Jones did a great job at the end of last year.
They also did not start the season as number one RB's. Jones missed 7 games? and had hundred yard games against teams like Chicago, Detroit, and Seattle. Not impressive IMO.

Basically what Im saying is both of these guys were fresh in the middle of the season when everyone else was just starting to wear down.

gr8slayer said:
They also did not start the season as number one RB's. Jones missed 7 games? and had hundred yard games against teams like Chicago, Detroit, and Seattle. Not impressive IMO.

Basically what Im saying is both of these guys were fresh in the middle of the season when everyone else was just starting to wear down.

Jones had almost 200 rushing yards against the Seahawks. Also he went over 100 yards against the Jets aswell.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492974/gamelogs/2004

PhinDude88 said:
Jones had almost 200 rushing yards against the Seahawks. Also he went over 100 yards against the Jets aswell.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492974/gamelogs/2004

Dont mean to be an *** but thats not the Jets thats the Giants

Who doesnt have huge yards against those two teams? They are horrible. Had he been in the AFC East he would not have posted half those yards.

Section126 said:
Jason Cole on SUN Sports 4 minutes ago just said: "Look, the people I have talked too have told me that he is DEFINATELY coming back in July...he will serve his 4 game suspension and will be in uniform...the question is if he will be an effective player again." (Paraphrasing)

HAVE AT IT.......
Thanks for the news Section126. Hopefully Cole writes an article about this for tomorrow and gives us even more info.

I would welcome him back. We could use the 8 mill he owes and how else could he earn it. **** we might even be able to get him to play for free. Even if he did come back now he still would have broken last years contract and should still owe the organization the money orginally given as a signing bonus. So they should be reworking a contract

PhinDude88 said:
KJ still did good throughout the whole season, and if JJ didnt get hurt he would have over 1,000 yards. A RB cant get 100 yards in every game ya know.
He had four 100 yard games and they were against horrid D's.

Oh well, we obviously do not see eye to eye on these two so lets get back to Dolphin talk.

gr8slayer said:
He had four 100 yard games and they were against horrid D's.

Oh well, we obviously do not see eye to eye on these two so lets get back to Dolphin talk.

Atleast we both agree that we couldnt agree with each other..... :wink:

New thought on Ricky But I'm not starting another thread.

Maybe we should be thanking him for leaving. Is abrupt exit and the following turmoil led to a dismal season and the firing of Wanny. Now I know we suffered the a miserable season and we were all upset over it, but Ricky did us a favor. Wanny's out and SABAN is in. I liken it to Ron Zook loosing to Mississippi State, "Best Loss Ever!" Now the Gators have Urban Meyer. If Zook had won that game and defeated FSU, he would still be coaching at UF. Meyer would be a golden Domer. I only mention it because they were both high profile mid-season firings.

How much did Ricky leaving have to do with the horrible season. If Ricky had stayed and we went 7 and 9, does Wanny still get fired? I think that maybe he gets fired anyways. Wayne convinces Saban to take his place (Thank you Wayne). I hope we can simply trade Ricky for decent value. If not, I hope he comes back spends a year with us doing a 50/50 with Brown, build up some value, then we trade him.

Is Ricky’s leaving directly related to Wannstedt being fired and should we thank him, give him a pat on the back. Give him his starting job back (Cough, Hack, Cough). Maybe just don’t kill him if he returns (that is good enough for Ricky).

OH Yeah… IMO and I’m just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom