Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jason Cole: "Ricky will return.."/If Ricky comes back, he's here to stay?

SkapePhin said:
The question is, in hindsight, would you have wanted to go 10-6? I can say I wouldnt if it meant keeping Wanny and not getting Saban in the fold.

your right but I never would say I'd rather go 4-12 then 10-6 but getting Saban is great and we have a good thing going thats why I don't want Ricky, he could create a big problem again

Section126 said:
As per NFL rules...he cannot come back till July.

Yea, but presumably he's lost a lot of weight, and he's been out of the game for a year. I'd think he wanted to get back with the team and start working out as soon as possible. If that happens, he has to announce his return to the press. Waiting till July seems like a gamble.

gr8slayer said:
I'd take Ricky over Brown any day. If you are lucky you will end up with the "problem" SD has with Rivers and Brees, having two outstanding players at one position is not always a bad thing.
And that explains why YOU are a goat fan!!!!!!

Marino1983

On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.

If Ricky comes back, he WILL play for Miami at least one year. He has no trade value as is at the moment, but if he displays rededication and the same pro bowl skills, there will be alot of trade partners avalable the next season. But honestly, if he comes back, I think he stays in Miami as odd as that sounds.. Why? Because Ricky never liked being the focal point of the offense, or even the team for that matter.. If he stays in Miami, he could pay his penance to his teamates, have a less grueling workload, less fanfare because of what he did to the fans and no longer being THE franchise, plus, he would split carries with a pretty darned good back, AND be in an excellent coaching situation, and a coach who accepted him for what he was.. Something he hasnt had since he was drafted.

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league? He like any other rookie has a better chance of being a bust than he does an all star like Ricky was. When healthy I would take Ricky over ANY, thats right ANY RB in the NFL and that includes Willis.

Well at least you're not buyest. I would rather have a Ronnie Brown bust then Ricky coming back because of what he did to me, the team, and other dolfans.

Please no more ricky threads...if he comes back he comes back if he doesnt who cares.

gr8slayer said:

I agree

Section126 said:
As per NFL rules...he cannot come back till July.

What would be the salary cap implications if he came back?? Would we take a big hit?

I suspected this due to Saban's comment on Brown right after drafting him. He listed his "ability to share carries with another significant player" as being one of Ronnie's attributes, right there with "carrying the ball, catching the ball, blocking".

I hate it, but I sort of felt it coming.

gr8slayer said:
I'd take Ricky over Brown any day.

You've obviously not watched Ronnie Brown that much. :shakeno:

gr8slayer said:
On another note, how are any of you completely sure that Ronnie Brown can even make it in the league?

I guess the same way all the bills fans were sure a running back who missed two years with one of the worst ACL injuries I've ever seen could make it in the NFL.

gr8slayer said:

thats a bold statement considering that Ricky has been out of football for a year smoking pot, I agree that he WAS a great player but there's no guantee that he will be just as good again

I don't mean to come at your post, but I don't want to see anything about Ricky until I hear from him that he is coming back.

Regardless of what you want, this is valid news and should be reported on the message board. I was as ticked off at Ricky as anyone. If he doesn't come back, I still want the Phins to make him pay back that money and let him know just what kind of consequences come with a decision like his. But, Saban is right. People tend to forgive and forget. Ricky gets back on the field and runs hard like he use to, and people will tolerate him. Now that we have leverage, he can't hurt us like he did before. If he leaves, so be it. We'd just get cap space back.

Let him come back and play a year splitting carries with Ronnie Brown and convincing some team that he's made a full commitment to football again...then we trade him. I'd take a 4th or a 3rd for him. Then after Randy McMichael predictably has a career year in Miami this year, we can franchise him and trade him for a 2nd rounder (or maybe a late first).

A lot can happen in a year...

Back
Top Bottom