MERGED:Jason Cole says Dolphins are winners in FA/Agents ticked off at Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Jason Cole says Dolphins are winners in FA/Agents ticked off at Fins

fishfan34 said:
That part about the free agency issue doesn't worry me too much. If we're successful, then players are going to want to come here, and they are going to request a visit, not to mention, I don't see Saban being too much of a player in Free Agency beyond this year and maybe next. Once he gets a nucleas here, he'll start building more through the draft and not free agency except to fill holes here or there...

Exactly

kevmin13 said:
The Agents whining what else is new. Saban has done a masterful job with the Free Agency Market and spending very little of our cap. Do not forget one thing even if we dont get Arrington we still picked up Sedrick Hodge which is a starter quality LB'er especially if he puts in a full season like in 2002 with 75 tackles and 63 of them solo which means he is surely a quality LB'er. I mean he is no Zach Thomas or Arrington but still the guy is a good LBer and with Zach, Hodge, and Crowder I think that would be a pretty good LB'ing core. I believe Saban runs a 3-4 D though so add Moore or Pope in there and those 2 are promising LB's. Yes Crowder, Zach, and Hodge are the only proven ones of our group I think Moore or Pope could step up. LB'er and Safety are the only areas I think we could really need help unless we don't pick up an OL person. Kelly Campbell was a smart addition he is already ready to play with Pepper and will help Chambers and Booker. I still kind of hope we resign David Boston and Boston stays healthy. This guy is a stud and could help us a lot but the key is his health and his attitude if he wants to be in Miami.

In the end, its the system that makes the team. Does it really matter if its shulters or someone else who can do the job if they both get the system and play it to their advantage? Arrington will not become great here because he is so rather that Saban will make him great because 11 guys will be producing together. the extra talent is the icing on the cake.

Agents ticked off at The Phins!

A quote from Jason Cole on MSNBC.com.

Several agents of top free agents expressed mild irritation with the Dolphins for bringing in their players early in free-agent process but not making offers. The normal protocol is if a team is going to as a free agent to come in right away, it means there is serious business. The Dolphins didn’t do that and some agents said privately they will think twice before sending a top player to Miami early in the process next year.

The only guy that we did that to that I can think of is Givens...

maybe the players had the on the field talent, but did not have the attitude of a player we want. I wonder if one of these guys is Hope from the Steelers. He criticized us because we were trying to sell him on traditon instead of paying him the big bucks.

they'll get over it when we are a successful team

heh that's a load of BS. Miami is a team in a primary location every player looks towards whenever they're in the draft, as a free agent, or even via trade...

tons of teams do it, big deal. we bring them in to see if we want them and than wait for their price to drop before we sign them. they should be grateful that we are interested

FinNasty said:
The only guy that we did that to that I can think of is Givens...

No, sam adams. We brought him down Day 1, yet haven't signed him.

@@@@@ said:
Am i the only one who thinks Jason Cole's mugshot looks exactly like Phil Mickleson? :lol: nice article about winners and losers but what in gods name is phil simms going on about leinart being a 3rd 4th rounder who doesnt look as good as josh mckown!!! er i hate to break it to you phil but getting the ball to the right guy is just a bit more important than having a cannon arm and a half decent 40 :rolleyes2

Trust me, your not the only one. I've been busting on him for three years now on his forum. However, Lefty takes it all in good fun.

If a FA comes in early and doesn't get an offer, I'm guessing there is a perceived notion that somehow he is "tainted goods", and that makes the agent's job harder. Think about it - if, for example, a player went to visit say the Patriots or Steelers or a team that is either good or known to have a good program, and they don't offer the guy a contract, wouldn't you think twice about offering that same player a contract? Sort of like, "well, if THEY don't want him, why would WE want him?"
So basically they're just like everyone else in the world. they're whining because now they will have a harder time doing their job so they can earn their money, i.e. selling a player to a team and getting a good contract for them (and thus a higher commission for themselves).

There is no sense in sending a contract offer if were not willing to pay close to the money they want either way they would be insulted!

Saban doesn't break the bank for people!

Back
Top Bottom