Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dolfan005 said:
ckparrothead said:
I'll take a stab if you want.

As of right now Cutler appears to be a stretch even at #16. Do you mean he'll be top ten or it would take a great senior bowl/combine to get him to the #16 spot?

I mean it would take a nice-looking Senior Bowl and Combine showing to even be worth a 16th pick. It would take a DRAMATIC Senior Bowl showing for him to creep into the top 10. That's what I think.

Everyone loves a QB race. With Vince Young looking to stay, everyone has to think of a guy to compete with Matt Leinart for the #1 QB title. Last year it was Alex Smith coming out of nowhere except there was good reason for him to topple Rodgers.

This year, I don't see any reason to even be talking about Cutler in the same breath as Leinart.

ckparrothead said:
dolfan005 said:
I mean it would take a nice-looking Senior Bowl and Combine showing to even be worth a 16th pick. It would take a DRAMATIC Senior Bowl showing for him to creep into the top 10. That's what I think.

Everyone loves a QB race. With Vince Young looking to stay, everyone has to think of a guy to compete with Matt Leinart for the #1 QB title. Last year it was Alex Smith coming out of nowhere except there was good reason for him to topple Rodgers.

This year, I don't see any reason to even be talking about Cutler in the same breath as Leinart.

Chris Simms was just on Dan Patrick and he stated that NO @2 should take Cutler over both Leinart and Young. (he hedged and said they should take Young, but since they would be replacing the style of Brooks, Young would be heading down the same road and would scare them).

His opinion isnt any more valid than ours, but I find it funny how many folks are getting on the Cutler bandwagon.

ckparrothead said:
dolfan005 said:

Thanks for your input.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
ckparrothead said:
Chris Simms was just on Dan Patrick and he stated that NO @2 should take Cutler over both Leinart and Young. (he hedged and said they should take Young, but since they would be replacing the style of Brooks, Young would be heading down the same road and would scare them).

His opinion isnt any more valid than ours, but I find it funny how many folks are getting on the Cutler bandwagon.

Everyone loves a Favre type. I heard John Madden has already proposed to Jay Cutler.

I wonder how many people on this board have actually seen Jay Cutler play?

I was extremely high on Jay Cutler for a while but i've simmered down a bit now.
1. Due to the fact that a lot of people on the board hype him but have only seen 1-2 games of him.
2. Ck's thoughts on the subject
3. I would rather get Ramsey or trade up for Leinart.

jay cutler question/concern

I was really high on Jay Cutler until I started checking into his scouting report. I have read in numerous reports that he does not have a good deep ball, and it flutters. I have read on some reports it could be mechanics that he would need to get corrected, and playing at Vanderbilt he never was coached or taught properly. I have a feeling he would not fit into the type of vertical passing game system that we are trying to sustain.

Does anyone else have any thoughts, or more importantly seen some of his games and could tell me what you saw out of him.

***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Skeet84 said:
I totally agree and I think he will be a Bust

Based on What?

His down field accuracy is not perfect, but not bad either, but there is no doubt he has one of the strongest if not the strongest arm out of the top Qbs in the draft.

SpeedRush99 said:
Based on What?

His down field accuracy is not perfect, but not bad either, but there is no doubt he has one of the strongest if not the strongest arm out of the top Qbs in the draft.

From the scouting reports I have read it is not nearly close to being perfect, and it sounds as if he would fit better into a west coast offense. I read one report that said don't expect anything more than a 25 yard pass from him.

I agree Based on whatching Several Vandy games and he can't win. Great Players will win those games. I mean he makes very Bad decisions and he can make plays every onece in awhile but he is very inconsistent!

Skeet84 said:
I agree Based on whatching Several Vandy games and he can't win. Great Players will win those games. I mean he makes very Bad decisions and he can make plays every onece in awhile but he is very inconsistent!

It's very difficult to win when you don't have a supporting cast and your in one of the top conferences in college football. I don't doubt his toughness, leadership skills and winning games. I'm concerned more about his physical tools not meeting what we want in a qb. They say he has a strong accurate arm, but only for about 25 yards. I'm reading he doesn't have a deep ball which sounds to me that he would fit better in a west coast system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom