Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want excuses. The Best Players get the job done. Espacially QB he is your leader and General. You can still make good Decisions and not make stupid mental mistakes!

hooserdaddy said:
I read one report that said don't expect anything more than a 25 yard pass from him.

Thats the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. Where are you reading this stuff? Ask the Florida or Tennessee defense if thats the case.

Skeet84 said:
I dont want excuses. The Best Players get the job done. Espacially QB he is your leader and General. You can still make good Decisions and not make stupid mental mistakes!

WTF? Fact is they wouldn't have won half the games they did without him or be in the close games that they lost. He can't throw and catch the ball. When you have the supporting cast he does you have to take chances and try to make plays.

SpeedRush99 said:
Thats the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. Where are you reading this stuff? Ask the Florida or Tennessee defense if thats the case.

I'm not trying to doubt him, because I have been pretty high on him. After I did some research online and checked out numerous scouting reports I am somewhat concerned with his deep arm strength. I quote" his deep ball seems to flutter" I will get the link for you, because they all pretty much say the same thing. He grades out very good, but I'm thinking he may not fit our system because he doesn't throw a good deep ball.

SpeedRush99 said:
WTF? Fact is they wouldn't have won half the games they did without him or be in the close games that they lost. He can't throw and catch the ball. When you have the supporting cast he does you have to take chances and try to make plays.

I completely agree with you, but I can honestly say I haven't seen much of him. I have just heard that he is very tough, smart and an accurate passer. My main concern is if his arm strength would fit our system.

SpeedRush99 said:

here is the link you asked for. Most of the scouting reports say the same thing about him, and most of it is positive. My concern is his lack of a deep ball arm strength, and if he would fit our system since we want to be a more vertical passing team.

http://www.draftdatabase.com/z_BIO_QB_Cutler.htm

Skeet84 said:

It boggles my mind how any Gator fan can criticize Jay Cutler and point out one bad play in a double overtime game, on the road, against a Top 10 defense. I'm sure you were holding your breath during that game.

hooserdaddy said:
here is the link you asked for. Most of the scouting reports say the same thing about him, and most of it is positive. My concern is his lack of a deep ball arm strength, and if he would fit our system since we want to be a more vertical passing team.

http://www.draftdatabase.com/z_BIO_QB_Cutler.htm

Thanks for the link.

Weaknesses:
Mechanics get pretty dodgy at times...Footwork is very eratic...Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions...Gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness...Has too much confidence in his arm at times...Struggles throwing the deep ball...Has not had a lot of success at the college level from a team perspective...Body has taken a lot of punishment throughout his career.

I still don't see anything that you can't attribute to trying to put your team into a position to win with limited resources. I've read articles that said Vandy's coaches basically let have control of the offense. Most if not all of that can be fixed with proper coaching.

SpeedRush99 said:
Thanks for the link.

I still don't see anything that you can't attribute to trying to put your team into a position to win with limited resources. I've read articles that said Vandy's coaches basically let have control of the offense. Most if not all of that can be fixed with proper coaching.

It's a little confusing to me that the profile's will say he has a strong and accurate arm, and then later say he doesn't have a good deep ball. I have read that alot of his problems could be mechanics, and the picks are contributed to him trying to do to much because he did not have talent around him. I really like the traits he possesses. smart, tough, accurate, strong arm, compared to Brett Favre and good leadership skills.

have you seen him play throughout his college career? If so, what qb's armstrength in the pro's would you compare him to, and what qb would you say he resembles overrall in the pro's.

hooserdaddy said:
It's a little confusing to me that the profile's will say he has a strong and accurate arm, and then later say he doesn't have a good deep ball. I have read that alot of his problems could be mechanics, and the picks are contributed to him trying to do to much because he did not have talent around him. I really like the traits he possesses. smart, tough, accurate, strong arm, compared to Brett Favre and good leadership skills.

have you seen him play throughout his college career? If so, what qb's armstrength in the pro's would you compare him to, and what qb would you say he resembles overrall in the pro's.

Yeah I've seen him play quite a bit. He ran an option style offense prior to this year so he didn't get to show off his skills quite as much as he did this year in a more pro-style system. As quite alot of scouts have said, he's very comparable to Favre, not quite the cannon as Brett but still a very strong arm. Mobile enough, takes the chances to make the big plays, and very very tough.

On the radio they were saying that he's really smart and has a cannon. Maybe it's just mechanics. If it is mechanics, imagine how good he'll be!

hooserdaddy said:
It's a little confusing to me that the profile's will say he has a strong and accurate arm, and then later say he doesn't have a good deep ball.

It's just different scouts with different opinions. You should try to find some tape on him and form your own opinions about him.

hooserdaddy said:
I'm not trying to doubt him, because I have been pretty high on him. After I did some research online and checked out numerous scouting reports I am somewhat concerned with his deep arm strength. I quote" his deep ball seems to flutter" I will get the link for you, because they all pretty much say the same thing. He grades out very good, but I'm thinking he may not fit our system because he doesn't throw a good deep ball.

Yeah,

If you remember, Marino slid down to #27 because there was a rumor that he may be a druggy...which was all BS.

I think the deep ball concerns may be more to do w/ his deep accuracy, than being able to actually throw it deep. The kid has a great arm.

hooserdaddy said:
I was really high on Jay Cutler until I started checking into his scouting report. I have read in numerous reports that he does not have a good deep ball, and it flutters. I have read on some reports it could be mechanics that he would need to get corrected, and playing at Vanderbilt he never was coached or taught properly. I have a feeling he would not fit into the type of vertical passing game system that we are trying to sustain.

Does anyone else have any thoughts, or more importantly seen some of his games and could tell me what you saw out of him.

Cutler has a very strong arm, he is a perfect fit for our system.

What they would be referring to in that report, is that due to the poor O-line he had at Vandy, he would often have to throw off his back foot or backing up, which does take away some velocity and can make a pass flutter.

When he lines up at the Senior Bowl, and for the first time has equal talent around him in relation to the defense he is facing, you will see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom