Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fishypete said:
So one has to wonder why a kid with so much possible talent wouldn't go to Tennessee instead of a school like Vandy....the coaches of those schools must be blind and dumb...eh?

Of course....it was his choice Blue....he had to know that Vandy stunk...not a smart move on his part.

I really don't care Pete, whatever his reasons were, I'm sure they were good ones, maybe his dad went there?

All I care about is the kid is a prototype QB, who took a team with inferior talent arond him and played toe for toe with the big boys.

I'm more impressed when a QB does something good with bad talent around him than I am with a QB that has a great team around him.

I would like to see how highly Matt Leinart would be rated right now had he played at Vandy the last 4 years.

fishypete said:
"Uses poor judgment at times when flushed out of the pocket, either holding on to the ball too long, resulting in a sack or throwing the ball up for grabs, causing costly interceptions…Has good touch in the short area, but because he carries the ball so low, he does not get ideal trajectory to feather the ball over the head of the defender (this causes a lot of interceptions-18 and pass deflections-75 over the last two years)…Lacks accuracy throwing on the run, especially when unleashing from the left hash…Rotates his hips too much through his release and needs to throw off the front foot more."

Argue with the experts that really know Nappy.

so basically what these "experts" are saying is that when he has to run for his life, he throws to many INTs, and doesnt have good accuracy. i see. its still wrong.

fishypete said:
I don't think it's better than any other major university....maybe he should have gone to Yale....if that was his reason.

i see. i thought they were an academic school. wasnt sure though.

Yale and Vanderbilt is 2 different things. you cant compare the 2 if the kid wanted to go to an academic school and play football.

not only that, alot of QBs come from not so great football schools and do well. so i wouldnt judge him on going to vanderbilt.

fishypete said:
I don't think it's better than any other major university....maybe he should have gone to Yale....if that was his reason.

Actually you'd be wrong Pete, Vanderbilt is a higher academic school, I'm guessing on the same par with a Duke.

BlueFin said:
I really don't care Pete, whatever his reasons were, I'm sure they were good ones, maybe his dad went there?

All I care about is the kid is a prototype QB, who took a team with inferior talent arond him and played toe for toe with the big boys.

I'm more impressed when a QB does something good with bad talent around him than I am with a QB that has a great team around him.

I would like to see how highly Matt Leinart would be rated right now had he played at Vandy the last 4 years.

I'll give you that much....but the SEC wasn't a terror this last season either. Take away LSU and Florida....there's not much left to hoot about.

BlueFin said:
Actually you'd be wrong Pete, Vanderbilt is a higher academic school, I'm guessing on the same par with a Duke.

You think Duke is a better school than Yale? What about Harvard?

fishypete said:
I'll give you that much....but the SEC wasn't a terror this last season either. Take away LSU and Florida....there's not much left to hoot about.

:shakeno: you said this before. and your wrong again.

Alabama and Auburn :confused:

Nappy Roots said:
so basically what these "experts" are saying is that when he has to run for his life, he throws to many INTs, and doesnt have good accuracy. i see. its still wrong.

Actually what they said after watching the tape's...is he carries the football too low....which makes his throws have the wrong angles....which causes him to have too many int's and deflected passes....75 passes deflected in two years!

fishypete said:
Actually what they said after watching the tape's...is he carries the football too low....which makes his throws have the wrong angles....which causes him to have too many int's and deflected passes....75 passes deflected in two years!

i didnt dispute the deflections did i? i could care less about that until he gets a OLine that doesnt have people in his face to swat the ball down.

fishypete said:
"Uses poor judgment at times when flushed out of the pocket, either holding on to the ball too long, resulting in a sack or throwing the ball up for grabs, causing costly interceptions…Has good touch in the short area, but because he carries the ball so low, he does not get ideal trajectory to feather the ball over the head of the defender (this causes a lot of interceptions-18 and pass deflections-75 over the last two years)…Lacks accuracy throwing on the run, especially when unleashing from the left hash…Rotates his hips too much through his release and needs to throw off the front foot more."

Argue with the experts that really know Nappy.

He threw 9 picks in 462 attempts this year. Thats like one pick every other game. Thats not bad.

fishypete said:
It's early Blue....when it comes in...I'll post it for you.

As you can see....he has a few problems....too many interceptions and deflected passes....holds the football low.

Ahh but Pete, your making this assessment on him based on reports that are 2 and 3 years old, I prefer to see the newest more mature version of the product to make a judgement. I make my judgements based upon my own eyes Pete............from games I watched this very season Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom