Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pocoloco said:
You could probably get the Arizona Cardinals to bite. They desperately need a running back, and an extra draft pick. Might be able to say the same for the 49ers.
The question is whether or not Cutler will still be there, and whether or not the price is right. You might have to throw Sam Madison or a higher draft pick into the equation.

I agree totally with your assessment. We have to address the CB situation thru FA (Nate Clements) and we kill two birds with one stone.

Trade:
We get rid of Madison (high salary), include Rickyand a 3rd or 4th rd. pick to Arizona or San Fran for their pick. Brilliant.

In Cutler we trust................

Cutler=Target (Draft Value Chart backing)

I know there are a lot of threads on Jay Cutler as a target for the Dolphins in the upcoming draft. However, I haven't seen very much optimism in trading up to a realistic spot in which Cutler would still be able. After looking at draft value chart, I believe we can trade up with Detroit (pick #9) and still be able to get Cutler. I think that Detroit will stick with Harrington for at least another year before they decide to cut ties with him. Picks #1-#3 will most likely be Bush, Young, and Leinart (in which order, I do not know) New York Jets pick #4 and they will probably not take a QB this year because they will see what Pennington has left, if anything. San Fran and Green Bay pick next and surely neither will pick a QB. If they don't trade down, the only other team we would really have to worry about picking Cutler would be the Raiders as the Bills aren't done with the Losman experiment. I have a feeling that the Cardinals will take a shot at trading up to get Cutler as well.

The X-Factor in all of this is Dante Culpepper. No, I don't think Saban will go after Culpepper, but I do think he'll end up as a Cardinal or a Raider next year. So if Culpepper becomes a Raider, if we can pull off a trade with Detroit, I can see us getting Cutler at #9 as long as the Bills don't want to screw us and trade with Arizona.

How does the trade with Detroit work you ask?

Detroit gets:

Miami 1st round (pick #16)
Miami 2nd round (pick #48)
Miami 3rd round (pick #80)

Miami gets:

Detroit 1st round (pick #9)
Detroit 3rd round (pick #73)

According to the draft value chart, Miami would give up 1610 points but would be getting 1575 in return.

Another possibility would be giving up a 1st round pick this year and next year. I think that you've got to take a shot on getting a young franchise QB this year, whatever it takes. Remember, most draft "experts" say that a 1st round pick next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year.

To end this long post, I just want to make it clear: GET CUTLER!!!

KyPhinfan13 said:
I know there are a lot of threads on Jay Cutler as a target for the Dolphins in the upcoming draft. However, I haven't seen very much optimism in trading up to a realistic spot in which Cutler would still be able. After looking at draft value chart, I believe we can trade up with Detroit (pick #9) and still be able to get Cutler. I think that Detroit will stick with Harrington for at least another year before they decide to cut ties with him. Picks #1-#3 will most likely be Bush, Young, and Leinart (in which order, I do not know) New York Jets pick #4 and they will probably not take a QB this year because they will see what Pennington has left, if anything. San Fran and Green Bay pick next and surely neither will pick a QB. If they don't trade down, the only other team we would really have to worry about picking Cutler would be the Raiders as the Bills aren't done with the Losman experiment. I have a feeling that the Cardinals will take a shot at trading up to get Cutler as well.

The X-Factor in all of this is Dante Culpepper. No, I don't think Saban will go after Culpepper, but I do think he'll end up as a Cardinal or a Raider next year. So if Culpepper becomes a Raider, if we can pull off a trade with Detroit, I can see us getting Cutler at #9 as long as the Bills don't want to screw us and trade with Arizona.

Detroit gets:

Miami gets:

According to the draft value chart, Miami would give up 1610 points but would be getting 1575 in return.

Another possibility would be giving up a 1st round pick this year and next year. I think that you've got to take a shot on getting a young franchise QB this year, whatever it takes. Remember, most draft "experts" say that a 1st round pick next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year.

I agree with your assessment of Detriot for a trade possibility. Although we could still work with Arizona and San Fran and not have to give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders.

But your right, this is one of those special players that comes along only so often. I believe we go after him with everything we got. It will pay off in "Super" results down the not so distant road.....

SECfootball said:
There's too much value in the second round to be giving that pick up for Cutler. I'd rather wait it out and see what our options are at #16.

After Young, Lienart, and Cutler, what's left?

I would love to get Cutler but I don't think it's going to happen unless Ricky is involved in the trade. I don't think Saban will trade away picks

i agree that we need to trade up to get cutler, hes got way too much potential to let him go to another team

Don't forget about Tennessee at #4. Jeff Fisher is coaching the Senior Bowl and I've heard the Titans LOVE Cutler. Vandy just happens to be located in Nashville too. I heard Mike Mayock on 790 talking about how he thinks Cutler is clearly the number one QB in the draft so I think with a good performance at the Senior Bowl and good combine numbers Cutler will be out of our range by the time the draft rolls around.

I don't see us doing something like this unless we've already traded Ricky Williams for at least a #2, and I think with Mularkey's offense we may want to keep Ricky even if we're offered that.

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Don't forget about Tennessee at #4. Jeff Fisher is coaching the Senior Bowl and I've heard the Titans LOVE Cutler. Vandy just happens to be located in Nashville too. I heard Mike Mayock on 790 talking about how he thinks Cutler is clearly the number one QB in the draft so I think with a good performance at the Senior Bowl and good combine numbers Cutler will be out of our range by the time the draft rolls around.

Tennessee is #3, not #4.....they would be passing on Bush, Lienart or Young if they took Cutler at #3.......not likely.

KyPhinfan13 said:

Detroit gets:

Miami gets:

Very interesting. I would love to get Cutler, and this doesn't seem like selling the farm to get him.

One correction though, the picks go up for the current year, not down ... for instance, a 1st this year is worth a 2nd next year. So they say ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom