Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutler mania as predicted.

I won't be surpised one bit if we get suggestions he's #1 overall.

I say he flops in the NFL. But I've never seen him play. Just seems all-hype.

KyPhinfan13 said:
After Young, Lienart, and Cutler, what's left?

We have more holes than QB. After FA we'll have a clearer picture.

greatwade said:

Words of wisdom :rolleyes:

KyPhinfan13 said:
I know there are a lot of threads on Jay Cutler as a target for the Dolphins in the upcoming draft. However, I haven't seen very much optimism in trading up to a realistic spot in which Cutler would still be able. After looking at draft value chart, I believe we can trade up with Detroit (pick #9) and still be able to get Cutler. I think that Detroit will stick with Harrington for at least another year before they decide to cut ties with him. Picks #1-#3 will most likely be Bush, Young, and Leinart (in which order, I do not know) New York Jets pick #4 and they will probably not take a QB this year because they will see what Pennington has left, if anything. San Fran and Green Bay pick next and surely neither will pick a QB. If they don't trade down, the only other team we would really have to worry about picking Cutler would be the Raiders as the Bills aren't done with the Losman experiment. I have a feeling that the Cardinals will take a shot at trading up to get Cutler as well.

The X-Factor in all of this is Dante Culpepper. No, I don't think Saban will go after Culpepper, but I do think he'll end up as a Cardinal or a Raider next year. So if Culpepper becomes a Raider, if we can pull off a trade with Detroit, I can see us getting Cutler at #9 as long as the Bills don't want to screw us and trade with Arizona.

How does the trade with Detroit work you ask?

Detroit gets:

Miami 1st round (pick #16)
Miami 2nd round (pick #48)
Miami 3rd round (pick #80)

Miami gets:

Detroit 1st round (pick #9)
Detroit 3rd round (pick #73)

According to the draft value chart, Miami would give up 1610 points but would be getting 1575 in return.

Another possibility would be giving up a 1st round pick this year and next year. I think that you've got to take a shot on getting a young franchise QB this year, whatever it takes. Remember, most draft "experts" say that a 1st round pick next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year.

To end this long post, I just want to make it clear: GET CUTLER!!!

The basis of your theory is Culpepper to the Cards ?? Well, if he isn't supposed to be able to run until August, what makes you think the Cards will wait until then to make a move on their QB position ?? McCown and Warner are both UFAs. People need to stop talking about Culpepper..he isn't going anywhere this offseason because of his injury...period...No trade will take place until he passes the other teams physical....

This is getting a little crazy.. If Cutler isint there we can always take Croyle or Whithurst in the 3rd or Meyer in the 4th or 7th...

greatwade said:

At least you admitted you've never seen him play. He will be a good NFL QB for a long time. But I do think we will pick another QB 2nd or 3rd round there are some good picks still available. I just don't think Saban will give up any picks this class is very deep and we can fill several holes.

Raekwon The Che said:
This draft is too deep to give away a second round pick.

Yes, we might miss out on a great player in the 2nd round, but you've got to make consessions if you want to ever grab the guy you need.

I really want Cutler as well, but I agree with a few others and if he's not there I say we go CB like Huff in the first and grab a QB like Croyle in the 2nd/3rd..

chuckcole said:
Very interesting. I would love to get Cutler, and this doesn't seem like selling the farm to get him.

One correction though, the picks go up for the current year, not down ... for instance, a 1st this year is worth a 2nd next year. So they say ...

No a 2nd rounder this year is a 1st rounder next year. By your theory, I'd trade 2nd round picks from the next year for 1st rounders this year ALL DAY LONG!

LarryFinFan said:
The basis of your theory is Culpepper to the Cards ?? Well, if he isn't supposed to be able to run until August, what makes you think the Cards will wait until then to make a move on their QB position ?? McCown and Warner are both UFAs. People need to stop talking about Culpepper..he isn't going anywhere this offseason because of his injury...period...No trade will take place until he passes the other teams physical....

Maybe so about passing the physical...but I seriously doubt that any team that trades for Culpepper would spend their 1st pick on a QB simply because #1. They now have Culpepper
#2. They gave up picks to get him in the first place.

Hold on, guys. We dont wanna start trading away future 1st round draft picks here again! C'mon. We make some kind of deal that's reasonable for us in the long run. We're not gonna gamble like that on a guy that hasn't even been talked about until just a few days ago. I know he's good, but let's keep it real. That ain't gonna happen. & yall know Saban is not down with trading away picks. We wanna stock pile em. What I'm wondering is what would we be able to get for Madison?

In_Flames said:
I really want Cutler as well, but I agree with a few others and if he's not there I say we go CB like Huff in the first and grab a QB like Croyle in the 2nd/3rd..

Stop using logic.... our secondary is fine, our defense is young, a 1st round rookie QB is the missing piece for us... ;)
Defense 1st, Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd. Cutler will get hyped up to top 5 by the time all is said and done. Saban isn't going to give up picks and I don't think we'll trade Ricky either. We will draft a QB on day one it just won't be in round 1.

KyPhinfan13 said:
I know there are a lot of threads on Jay Cutler as a target for the Dolphins in the upcoming draft. However, I haven't seen very much optimism in trading up to a realistic spot in which Cutler would still be able. After looking at draft value chart, I believe we can trade up with Detroit (pick #9) and still be able to get Cutler. I think that Detroit will stick with Harrington for at least another year before they decide to cut ties with him. Picks #1-#3 will most likely be Bush, Young, and Leinart (in which order, I do not know) New York Jets pick #4 and they will probably not take a QB this year because they will see what Pennington has left, if anything. San Fran and Green Bay pick next and surely neither will pick a QB. If they don't trade down, the only other team we would really have to worry about picking Cutler would be the Raiders as the Bills aren't done with the Losman experiment. I have a feeling that the Cardinals will take a shot at trading up to get Cutler as well.

The X-Factor in all of this is Dante Culpepper. No, I don't think Saban will go after Culpepper, but I do think he'll end up as a Cardinal or a Raider next year. So if Culpepper becomes a Raider, if we can pull off a trade with Detroit, I can see us getting Cutler at #9 as long as the Bills don't want to screw us and trade with Arizona.

How does the trade with Detroit work you ask?

Detroit gets:

Miami 1st round (pick #16)
Miami 2nd round (pick #48)
Miami 3rd round (pick #80)

Miami gets:

Detroit 1st round (pick #9)
Detroit 3rd round (pick #73)

According to the draft value chart, Miami would give up 1610 points but would be getting 1575 in return.

Another possibility would be giving up a 1st round pick this year and next year. I think that you've got to take a shot on getting a young franchise QB this year, whatever it takes. Remember, most draft "experts" say that a 1st round pick next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year.

To end this long post, I just want to make it clear: GET CUTLER!!!

i'm not willing to give them our second round up just to get him when we could get huff or chad jackson then whitehurst later who really impressed me in the practices

I say we draft the BEST corner available with our 1st. (unless Cutler is available to us-which he wont be.)

I'm a Game**** fan and have seen Cutler play in person 3 times and on TV alot. I think Jay has great potential, but the hype is out of control. Suggestions of trading into the top 10 for him are absurb. If we can get him at 16 and our staff likes him then it was meant to be. If not.....

Even though I am a Game**** and Charlie Whitehurst is a Tiger, there is not much at all seperating these two in arm strenth, size, and leadership. Well one thing seperating them is Charlie beat the Game****s four times and Jay never did . (Doh)

Just some perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom