Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell will Ricky get us up to #3? you people are insane man.

vt_dolfan said:
Call me frugal....but I really think we can eventually land a very good quarterback without giving up the house to get him. And now that we have Mularcky...it is gonna be soooo important to carry both Ricky and Ronny.

I say we develop Croyle..sign a UFA like Josh Mcnown. I know everyone wants a Super Bowl next year...but Id rather take a very educated shot with Mcnown....develop Croyle who could end up being as good as Cutler any ways.

Croyle has played in a Pro Style Offense. He needs the strength conditioning that the NFL will give him. Hes got the moxie...the arm..and the it factor, and we dont have to trade anything to get him.

ahhhhh some commone sense. and Josh Mccown aint comin to Miami. Based on what Saban said today.........doesnt look good for gus bashers.

jay cutler / ben roethlisberger revisited

i remember in 2003 we were all talking about ben being available at our draft position and he moved up rapidly after the senior bowl. now what would any of you give up to get roethlisberger? articles today suggest cutler's arm strength and physical tools are amazing. my question is what would you give up to get him? i know i would give almost anything for ben roethlisberger and by no means am i comparing them as players. simply stated, cutler could be another roethlisberger type guy.

I think it'll cost too much. I don't think you should target single players too strongly in the draft.

Life will go on if we don't get Jay Cutler.

shouright said:
I think it'll cost too much. I don't think you should target single players too strongly in the draft.

Life will go on if we don't get Jay Cutler.

exactly...if he falls to us, then thats awesome...if he doesn't, theres a lot of defensive talent in this draft.

Saban4prez said:
exactly...if he falls to us, then thats awesome...if he doesn't, theres a lot of defensive talent in this draft.

i can agree with that. i still think the qb position is most important right now. granted, the draft isn't the only way to get a qb. i wouldn't mind some youth on defense either.

I think the comparison is closer to Philip Rivers personally.

However to answer your question...I don't know if I'd give up too much...MAYBE Sam Madison and our first. I would rather take BPA at 16 and develope a QB that we get in a later round. If Cutler is not there at 16, I wouldn't reaach TOO far for one out of his relative position in the draft.

endorphin said:
I think the comparison is closer to Philip Rivers personally.

However to answer your question...I don't know if I'd give up too much...MAYBE Sam Madison and our first. I would rather take BPA at 16 and develope a QB that we get in a later round. If Cutler is not there at 16, I wouldn't reaach TOO far for one out of his relative position in the draft.

well the problem with rivers is the fact he doesn't have the arm strength whereas cutler may have the best arm in the draft.

capecoralfinfan said:
well the problem with rivers is the fact he doesn't have the arm strength whereas cutler may have the best arm in the draft.

Sorry I was not more clear...my comparison was with Rivers in the way he shot up in the draft. Big Ben went right about where he was projected.

The Cutler Mistake

Hold a lollipop in front of a two-year-old's face, make him want it, and then pull it away from him. What happens?

He wants it more.

This is happening with Cutler people. He was once projected to go in the 2nd round, and then he moved up into the mid-to-late 1st round. These were all places we thought we could get him.

Now that he appears to be moving into the top 10 of the first round, we're seeing our lollipop being taken away, so we're wanting it more. So much more that we're seeing what could be described as "mortgage the farm for him" ideas all over the board (e.g., trading future #1s, trading Ricky, etc.).

This is a mistake, folks, IMO. Sure we need a QB, but we will eventually be successful without Jay Cutler.

We may not be so successful without what we trade to get him.

endorphin said:
Sorry I was not more clear...my comparison was with Rivers in the way he shot up in the draft. Big Ben went right about where he was projected.

that is true, rivers shot wayy up though. i always was under the assumption ben moved up too. sorry for the wrong comparison.

capecoralfinfan said:
i can agree with that. i still think the qb position is most important right now. granted, the draft isn't the only way to get a qb. i wouldn't mind some youth on defense either.

i'd sooner make a move later on to nab omar jacobs, like in the 2nd round. but where we are picking will get us a standout player in the 1st round reguardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom