Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

SabanEra84 said:
i know i may get bashed for this because everyone knows about saban's philosophy about draft picks. but if he is set on snagging cutler in the first round, why doesnt he do what the bills did a few years ago. swap first round picks and offer next years first to get cutler. THATS ONLLY IF HE BELIEVES CUTLER IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

thoughts on that, i thought it was an idea so RW stays on the roster and theirs good incentive to trade picks.

also i was impressed witih DJ Shockley and am wondering if Saban is considering Shockley with either the 2nd rd pick or a 3rd.

i do not think croyle will be a good fit in the offense, plus of his injury woes. where shockley was starter for just a season and is fresh....aka ronnie brown.

If you ask a bills fan, I bet they would tell you they would like that pick back. I say no.

PHINATIC13 said:
Yeah,he from 6'-1" to 5'-11" :mad: I wasn't saying I'd take him before Jay.I just thought he played a little better today.And considering all the hype around Jay he didn't to anything special to impress me today.

Which is good, it may make him fall to us. I think practices are more important, and he did well. The senior bowl performance may make some GM's overevaluate, which could have him fall to us...if he had a killer game he simply would not fall.

PHINATIC13 said:
It was only one game,but Whitehurst and Hackney showed better today imo.

But Cutler and Croyle did better with the scouts during practices.

Phinfan31 said:
Im with you on Cutler...but to bash Vince Young like you're doing is just absolutely ridiculous.

You have your opinions, I have mine. I wasn't bashing him, just agreeing that I think he won't be successful in the NFL. Its all opinion, there is no right or wrong answer......yet.

adamprez2003 said:
In a perfect world where true value is assigned to true worth Cutler probably is a top to middle 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, there are probably 10 teams in the NFL right now who wouldn't mind an upgrade at QB. Some will certainly determine that what they have is good enough and look to improve other more immediate concerns but some will look at a 2nd round talent and say we need him. The Dolphins are one of those few teams that desperately need a QB. Either we make a move for Cutler or we pin our hopes on a skinny, injury riddled QB from Bama who if he gets hit enough in the first half folds like a cheap tent in the second.

We have to get a QB and unless we get Carr, Rivers, McCown or Ramsey we have to use our first rounder on upgrading that position IMO. We passed on Charlie Frye last year and took Roth instead. We can't put off the QB lottery any longer
Best Post of the Thread.

I agree with your assessment of our necessity and Brodie Croyle (what a shame he's not stronger!). And I'm on board with all your mentioned candidates.

One thing is for sure: I don't think I can hold out waiting for another 2 months!

Miami and Cutler according to Sources?

http://www.gbnreport.com/

January 30

(12:01 AM): Vandy QB still hot property... Despite something of a sub-par performance in Saturday’s Senior Bowl, Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler remains the most talked about prospect in the 2006 draft class. There are rumblings out of New York, for example, that the Jets would seriously consider selecting Cutler should they trade down from the fourth pick overall. With the arrival of new head coach Eric Mangini the Jets now seem willing to consider taking a young QB in this year’s draft and grooming him for the future. Under former coach Herman Edwards, the Jets were believed to be planning to address other needs with their first-round pick and sign a veteran quarterback to compete with Chad Pennington in training camp after Pennington underwent his second rotator cuff surgery in an eight-month span last October.

Meanwhile, sources in Miami are suggesting that the Dolphins, who are also reportedly intrigued by Cutler, but don’t believe he will still be on the board when they pick 16th overall, may be considering using RB Ricky Williams as trade bait to move up from that spot.

Why it's so hard to find a QB in AM life...

First of all, hello everyone.

It's been sad to read tons of threads where all of us have been pointing to upgrade and update our QB. No matter who, no matter what it's always the same. There have been Jay, AJ, Gus, Brian and many others that surely will blame our OL of their numbers, but the same result of having a poor performance in the key position year by year. NO!! Our QB stats have been normal to NFL, but it's us the dolfans that always wanted to have Marino-like stats.

The After Marino life (AM) will be painfull as long as QB meaning in our minds enclose in what Marino showed us during 80's and 90's.
:tantrum:

There won't be a Marino-like anymore. We may find a new kind of QB that will fit the job and perhaps we have landed the guy, but he's in the downhill of a normal carrer. Yes, Gus have a nice 2005 throwing cool behind the same crew that never gave time to AJ or Jay during that 2004 mess.

Maybe that's the kind of QB we need and after reviewing some plays of the Senior Bowl and from Vanderbilt's games, it's clear what Saban and his guys look on Jay Cuttler, and i'll cheer if Jay's personal workout don't impress anybody, if his Senior Bowl stats erase his name from others boards and more happy if our staft is patient and waits to pick him with our 16th overall pick.

The guy will need tons of guiding but will fit our needs.

Maaaaan, if I trade up in the top 10 there are so many other options to salivate over.

After his senior bowl performance (6 of 19 for 69 yards) I hope he will slip a little in the draft so we can get him. But if we can't there are a lot of good players for us to choose from including, Chad Greenway, Jon Scott, Michael Huff, etc.

Back
Top Bottom