Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

Oboy said:
I agree with Whitehurst. He really opened my eyes today. But Hackney? I was NOT impressed with him. I thought he only had a few good throws. Add that to his height (or lack there of) and I would pass on Hackney.

Yeah,he from 6'-1" to 5'-11" :mad: I wasn't saying I'd take him before Jay.I just thought he played a little better today.And considering all the hype around Jay he didn't to anything special to impress me today.

fishypete said:
Lets say this...he didn't impress me...he didn't have a game like Rivers had...and I rather have Croyle.

I guess you and me are the only guys in the planet who are not impressed with him.

His accuracy problem originates from his poor mechanics.That plus poor decision making and very close coverage in the NFL will lead to many interceptions.

The way he handles the ball at the line of scrimmage with those small hands will probably lead to too many fumbles too.

The guy has a quick release and a cannon of an arm but he looks like a project to me.I would rather take a gamble on Croyle or Whitehurst at a much lower cost,

However I am glad he is overated because that means he will be drafted ahead of us and someone else will drop to us.

BTW if Cutler ever corrects those flawed mechanics it will increase his power if thats possible and it certainly will make him more accurate.Then he could be compared to the Palmers and Mannings.

CrunchTime said:
I guess you and me are the only guys in the planet who are not impressed with him.

His accuracy problem originates from his poor mechanics.That plus poor decision making and very close coverage in the NFL will lead to many interceptions.

The way he handles the ball at the line of scrimmage with those small hands will probably lead to too many fumbles too.

The guy has a quick release and a cannon of an arm but he looks like a project to me.I would rather take a gamble on Croyle or Whitehurst at a much lower cost,

However I am glad he is overated because that means he will be drafted ahead of us and someone else will drop to us.

BTW if Cutler ever corrects those flawed mechanics it will increase his power if thats possible and it certainly will make him more accurate.Then he could be compared to the Palmers and Mannings.

I agree...cutler in the 2nd round is good value...but he isn't a player that brings a 1st round value grade...thats where the hype comes in. If Quinn was in this draft...Cutler wouldn't be a thought....but the QB draft like last year is weak...so players get hyped up...until the bell rings and it's for real.

IMO, Cutler would be a top 10'er if he didn't play in the Senior Bowl. He had a lot of momentum which will be very important going into the combine but that momentum has seemingly halted. Look at Alex Smith, a 3rd rounder projected around this time, and then had rocket momentum before the combine and picked up pace just at the right time. Smith was an excellent example of a player being drafted high because of hype. I'm not saying Smith is a bad player or will be a bust by any means, but IMO if he played in the senior bowl (I know he wasn't a senior) and had a poor game, I don't think he wouldv'e gone as high as top 20.

fishypete said:
I agree...cutler in the 2nd round is good value...but he isn't a player that brings a 1st round value grade...thats where the hype comes in. If Quinn was in this draft...Cutler wouldn't be a thought....but the QB draft like last year is weak...so players get hyped up...until the bell rings and it's for real.

And Cutler would not be as hyped if he played in a Bowl Game. Alot of blume would have fallen off his rose if a bowl game could have critiqued him.

SpeedRush99 said:
Dripping with sarcasm I see. Although I completely agree with that statment. ;)

Im with you on Cutler...but to bash Vince Young like you're doing is just absolutely ridiculous.

Jay Cutler...

not sure if this has been posted...but, on ESPN's web site, they have a list of 32 college players ranked by NFL scouts and Jay Cutler was #17! Now I know teams will draft by need but, it's somewhat encouraging the he may slip to us based on these rankings. I guess we'll have to see how he plays in the Senior Bowl and combine, but that's where he's at right now. It would be pretty sweet if he fell to us!

didn't look great in the senior bowl... kiper said he "showed enough"... but, for one game, i wasn't impressed

fishypete said:

In a perfect world where true value is assigned to true worth Cutler probably is a top to middle 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, there are probably 10 teams in the NFL right now who wouldn't mind an upgrade at QB. Some will certainly determine that what they have is good enough and look to improve other more immediate concerns but some will look at a 2nd round talent and say we need him. The Dolphins are one of those few teams that desperately need a QB. Either we make a move for Cutler or we pin our hopes on a skinny, injury riddled QB from Bama who if he gets hit enough in the first half folds like a cheap tent in the second.

We have to get a QB and unless we get Carr, Rivers, McCown or Ramsey we have to use our first rounder on upgrading that position IMO. We passed on Charlie Frye last year and took Roth instead. We can't put off the QB lottery any longer

Back
Top Bottom