Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

I am not enough of college football fan or one of our vaunted draft gurus, but it always scares me when a player rockets up the board based on things that happen after the regular college season is over.

2 cases in point, Cutler and Young, both have gotten hyped due to workouts or bowl games. Will both pan out? The odds say no. I dont know, but when Loserman went to Buffalo based on workouts I laughed my as# off.

I will guess that Cutler wont be available when the Phins draft, we pick a stud, and get McNeal, Whitehurst, or Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd.

Of course I was also glad when the Celtics didnt win the NBA draft lottery because I thought Duncan was too soft.I wonder if the Knicks have a job opening?

SkapePhin said:
We should trade to the spot right ahead of where they drop down to and steal Cutler from them.

:sidelol: Love your avatars.. Thanks for sharing..

do u think if cutler had a bad game at the senior bowl his stock will fall a little.

kitt23 said:
do u think if cutler had a bad game at the senior bowl his stock will fall a little.
Probably not. Teams put a lot of significance on the practices and very little on the actual game. I believe Carson Palmer went 1-7 in the 2003 game, and he still went 1st overall.

TPD1479 said:
they said they feel they can tade down, pick up an extra pick and still get him

They can trade down with us.....we promise we won't take him :evil:

SkapePhin said:
We should trade to the spot right ahead of where they drop down to and steal Cutler from them.
Love the avatars but I'm sorry but Peter Griffin is a Patsy fan. But I think, but not 100% sure Quagmire might be from Miami(He wears flowered shirts).

cutler impressions

what di u guys think of how he played today. do u think his stock went up or came down. i was pretty impressed, he displayed a very strong arm, and laser quick release, along with some mobility, and ability to move around the pocket and evade the rush. although he didnt have a great game stat wise, i still think he looked good

discuss:dolphins:

Lets say this...he didn't impress me...he didn't have a game like Rivers had...and I rather have Croyle.

He definitely has an NFL arm and an above average release. He won't step in and start his first year no matter where he goes but I like Cutler a lot more than Vince Young.

I thought it was comical when Spielman said that Young can work on his passing ability when he gets in the NFL. Well you don't work on your passing ability and stay a starting qb in the NFL. The NFL is not where you learn how to throw.

Vince Young will be a huge bust in the NFL but I certainly hope and expect a team to draft him ahead of Miami which will push the guys we really want one pick closer.

Didn't impress me. Don't know where his "stock" was, so can't say how it was effected by his play today. He looks to have a quick release and strong arm. Accuracy - ho hum. He had a couple passes dropped.

PHINATIC13 said:
It was only one game,but Whitehurst and Hackney showed better today imo.
I agree with Whitehurst. He really opened my eyes today. But Hackney? I was NOT impressed with him. I thought he only had a few good throws. Add that to his height (or lack there of) and I would pass on Hackney.

neuce said:
He definitely has an NFL arm and an above average release. He won't step in and start his first year no matter where he goes but I like Cutler a lot more than Vince Young.

I thought it was comical when Spielman said that Young can work on his passing ability when he gets in the NFL. Well you don't work on your passing ability and stay a starting qb in the NFL. The NFL is not where you learn how to throw.

Vince Young will be a huge bust in the NFL but I certainly hope and expect a team to draft him ahead of Miami which will push the guys we really want one pick closer.

By the way...Spielman wasn't the only ex-player to say that...they all said that.
You have the right to your opinion....but just let me know when you admit your wrong...:D

Back
Top Bottom