Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

Point it is Believed to be is preferred location.

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???

Would be very nice, but release him soon please.

He needs the camp practice time.

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???

Awww... Scared?

Even Houston cant be that stupid. I mean seriously, who would give a guard that kind of contract? Ridiculous. :)

Nobody is going to toss a fairly average older guard that kind of money

Awww... Scared?

Even Houston cant be that stupid. I mean seriously, who would give a guard that kind of contract? Ridiculous. :)

No not scared, but some would consider Kendall a top LG so you have to look at the money that the top LGs are getting and be willing to pay that, is all I am saying....

I mean if he is released there will be 30 other teams looking at him.

To make sure you get him, you should trade for him

I was kidding around. Dont want to turn this into that kind of thread.

(Maybe).

You make an interesting point, but theres several factors. One is obviously his age. Six years at 34 years old? Doubt it. Then theres the fact that its late July, practically August, and I dont see many teams willing to make that kind of financial commitment at this point. But you're right, he is a great player.

Would probably be a wash for you though; hurts the Jets but helps the Fins.

No not scared, but some would consider Kendall a top LG so you have to look at the money that the top LGs are getting and be willing to pay that, is all I am saying....

I mean if he is released there will be 30 other teams looking at him.

To make sure you get him, you should trade for him

Forget that...

I aint giving **** to anyone in our division...

I think alot of us know Kendall being released and automaticly signing with Miami is not a sure thing, but He has connection with Randy and after all it was Randy who drafted him, so I think we might see something similiar to what we did with Green and Cam.

Just to clarify as well, there has been confirmed interest on both sides. We looked at Kendall earlier, around the draft time.

He was drafted in Seattle by our GM, Randy Mueller. Just FYI.

If Houston(or another team) offers that to a 34 year old guard, they can have him.

If Miami is interested, there is a good chance he will be a Dolphin if/when he is released. Miami has more cap room after releasing Culpepper and I think Pete wants to go to a team that plays the Jets twice a year. The Patriots already have a good line, Buffalo already overpaid for average guards, so it leaves Miami as his top choice.

Not once I have heard a direct statement from him that he wants to go to the Dolphins. Until he makes a direct statement about the Phins or he gets released and his agent begins talking with us, this guys name shouldn't be mentioned on this board. He's a Jet for Christ sake!!

I understand the relationship with your GM.....

Is that the same type of relationship that I seen Diehlman being automatic to MIA early in the offseason....

I understand it is late July and money is tight, but there are ALOT of teams that have much more cap room, that may just think LG is the missing link.

If Houston(or another team) offers that to a 34 year old guard, they can have him.

If Miami is interested, there is a good chance he will be a Dolphin if/when he is released. Miami has more cap room after releasing Culpepper and I think Pete wants to go to a team that plays the Jets twice a year. The Patriots already have a good line, Buffalo already overpaid for average guards, so it leaves Miami as his top choice

Miami has been the only team to express interest in him.

Continuing their effors to upgrade the offensive line, the Dolphins have contacted the Jets regarding the availability of veteran guard Pete Kendall.

Agent Neil Schwartz has been trying to re-negotiate Kendall's contract this offseason. Kendall has three years remaining on his current deal and is scheduled to earn $1.7 million in 2007. He is looking for a raise of approximately $1 million.

Negotiations do not appear to be going well, as the Jets attempted to trade the Boston College graduate prior to last weekend's NFL Draft.

Kendall was originally chosen by current Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller, then with Seattle, in the first round of the 1996 draft.

A team captain in New York, Kendall has started a 156 of 157 career games for Seattle, Arizona and New York. At 6-5, 280 pounds, he is unusually light for the position. But the Dolphins are making a move towards smaller, more nible guards this offseason.

They're also preaching versatility, requiring their lineman be able to play at least two positions. Though predominantly a left guard, Kendall has spent time at center during his 11-year career.

While the Dolphins could potentially make an offer for Kendall, the asking price could prove prohibitive. Though it is not unheard of for division rivals to trade with one another, the going rate on such deals is typically higher than normal for that very reason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Dolphins-interested-in-Jets-Kendall?urn=nfl,31198

Understand that but at the same time why would teams express interest for a trade when they can count on he may be released.

See this is going to be a similar thing as Darwin Walker. There were teams just waiting for him to go back to Philly and get cut. Fins were one of them.

But Chi wanted him and made sure they got him by trading for him

My question if he is released do you think you are the only team that would be bidding for his services. And then would you be willing to shell out the money. Best chance to ensure you land him is work a trade out...

A trade would be amazing, but unlikely. I'm guessing the Jets will eventually release him. He IS working out with the team, so I can't imagine anyone would be in a rush to pick him up since it's not like he's out of shape. All in all, I'm just sick of hearing about the guy. He's not worth the money or the headache.

Back
Top Bottom