Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jets Kendall wants to go to Dolphins?/Expecting to be Released

I understand the relationship with your GM.....

Is that the same type of relationship that I seen Diehlman being automatic to MIA early in the offseason....

I understand it is late July and money is tight, but there are ALOT of teams that have much more cap room, that may just think LG is the missing link.

No, because at the time we didnt have the cap flexibility to go that route, nor did we see giving a guard that type of money as very logical. Make no mistake, if Miami went after Dielman hard, he could very well be here today. We'll never know, because little attempt was made.

I guess we'll see, but if hes released, I would say I would give it a 90% chance he ends up here. When theres a lot of talk that goes on, about a player and a particular team, I find it eventually falls into place. Like they say, and I find it to be very accurate in NFL rumor circles, "where theres smoke, theres fire". Multiple links and mentions of Kendall to the Dolphins maekes me think it has legs.

No kidding.

This Mangini seems to be a spitefull sob. He's not going to satisfy anyone's demands that step over a line. I think Kendall did do that. But bunking him with rookies will be noticed by some proud players as a slap against one of their own.

So it could could backfire in his face. Humiliating vets. Even a loud mouth like Kendall.

Aside of the Kendall situation, most reports from TC have been pretty good. It seems that Kendall is isolating himself during practice whenever he's not on the field. That would lead me to believe that he's not getting as much sympathy from players as some might believe. Players could also be staying away so not to draw the ire of the coach. Hard to say.

He also stated that a "lot" of people in the organization hope he gets what he's looking for (I'm assuming released), and more then a "few" were on his side in the situation. That leads me to believe that some players just want him released already, sick of hearing him complain and sick of all the press coverage he's getting.

A trade would be amazing, but unlikely. I'm guessing the Jets will eventually release him.

I'd be surprised if the Jets let him walk for free. He's a starter and a veteran, so that's got to count for something. Regardless, the odds of him being a Dolphin next year are so long, it's a virtual impossibility. If, by chance, Miami agrees to a lopsided deal with the NYJ, I'll drink a pint of bongwater.

Since Kendall was a starter last season, I would be surprised if Kendall is released. I think that the Jets will try to trade him first, most likely to a team in the NFC. Even a seventh rounder is better than nothing.

He also stated that a "lot" of people in the organization hope he gets what he's looking for (I'm assuming released), and more then a "few" were on his side in the situation.

Hmm, yet no one has come out publically and stated that on paper, it's just Pete telling us so. Kinda like the 'promises' he was made, that oddly enough, also never made it onto paper.

Since Kendall was a starter last season, I would be surprised if Kendall is released. I think that the Jets will try to trade him first, most likely to a team in the NFC. Even a seventh rounder is better than nothing.
Easier said then done.

Point it is Believed to be is preferred location.

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???
No one is going to pay that kind of money to a 34 year old guard and if they do they can have him for that kind of price tag.

i didn't know he was banged up(sat out afternoon practice due to knee/leg). is that a guy we are getting excited about playing here? is the injury serious?
if he can't complete a day of tc i'd hate to throw money at him and he end up not playing a down for us. ck or boomer do you guys know the severity of that injury? i dont' know much about kendall so your input would be apreceiated.

Point it is Believed to be is preferred location.

But lets say a team like Houston tosses that 6 year 49 mil that LGs are getting now, are the Phins gonna pay that???

I can see him using the Dolphins as leverage to get a new contract with the Jets. They may not want to cut him knowing he'll end up in Miami helping them. It could be a ploy.

Jets | Kendall believes he will be moved soon
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 08:52:17 -0700
J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports disgruntled New York Jets OG Pete Kendall feels he will not remain with the team much longer. "I don't feel that this is going to go on much longer," Kendall said. "I feel in my heart that I'm going to get moved. I believe that this decision has already been made."

Easier said then done.

Not necessarily. By the end of preseason, it's likely that some contending team will lose a starting guard and need a replacement -- and be willing to plunk down a draft pick and some extra cash for a starting caliber guard. Even at 34, Kendall has a couple of years left.

The Bills just traded DT Darwin Walker to Chicago for a conditional 5th rounder because the Bears are short on DTs. Everybody thought he'd be returned to the Eagles because he wouldn't come to terms with the Bills. I think that the Bills had this in mind for a while but were only waiting to see how sophomore DT John McCargo came back from off-season surgery before pulling the trigger. That means the Bills got at least a 5th and a 7th for Takeo Spikes (who's only a shadow of his Pro Bowl self) because Philly is in need of LB help.

Just because other teams aren't making their interest in Kendall front page news (ala the Dolphins) doesn't mean that they aren't interested. Many teams prefer to do things outside of the media glare.

Back
Top Bottom