MERGED: Jim Haslett Rips Tebucky Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jim Haslett Rips Tebucky Jones

Wanny is a good guy and Haslett is a Jerk but that's where the differences stop. Haslett and Wanny are so alike it's not funny, they do just enough to keep their job, but underacheive enough to have teams that don't play very hard for them. I too think Haslett's on a short rope with Benson. I was afraid he'd get canned last year and the Saints would win out for Saban, luckily that didn't happen. The only thing that concerns me is that Bill let Jones leave New England. But why? What is purely a money issue, or did Bill and Romeo just not feel that Jones was a good enough player? Either way, Haslett is an a$$hole!

To me it's more about class and professionalism. Haslett is burning some bridges right now with poor comments about teams and players. It will only hurt his long term status in the league. If he's ever looking for a job, you can cross off Pittsburg as a potential employer.

Jones on top of being a good (not great saftey) is also a great special teams player.

Haslett will be out of a job soon when Benson moves the team to LA and they get a fresh start. Bye Bye Jim!

Classless move. Regardless of what he feels a coach shouldn't trash a player like that. As to the substance, I haven't watched Jones enough to know, but I have such a low opinion of Haslett's coaching ability that I don't put much stock in his opinion. I do, however, feel pretty confident in Saban's ability to identify players that will work in his system (particularly the secondary). Time will tell whether my faith is misplaced.

Haslett sucks!!!!!!!

how dare this guy call somebody out he sucks always did as a player and now as a coach.the saints have a lot of talent but with haslett as their coach they will always suck tebucky will prove him wrong on this one. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Agua said:
Haslett's a jack@ss, no question.

I don't know about Jones' hands, but he can hit and defend. I'll take him before I'll take hASSlett as a coach. Still, very unclassy remarks, much like this one...

Fan "Hey Haslett"
Jim "Yeah?"
Fan "I'd rather eat a ***** than be one!"
Jim "Meow"

:)

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
how dare this guy call somebody out he sucks always did as a player and now as a coach.the saints have a lot of talent but with haslett as their coach they will always suck tebucky will prove him wrong on this one. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Please respond in the corresponding thread instead of starting a new one. Makes for a more efficient board. Thanks.

After reading today I learned a lot about Haslett. However one thing I did always know is that a took with such talent that always underachieves is a sign of poor coaching.

Every year they have 1 or 2 stud defensive linemen. They have great players on offense. I am uncertain if haslet is responsible for putting the team together. If he is he may be a good talent scout but he is not a good coach.

Does it surprise anyone that Haslett said what he said...after all the guy is an ex Buffalo Bill. I`m amazed the guy is still a head coach, but that`s the Saints for ya.

CrunchTime said:
There are rumors that the Saints are the leading candidate for a move to LA.

If thats true the Saints owner doesnt want to make any long term commitments which is probably why he is retaining Haslett as HC.

His coaching talents have been underwhelming.

The reason Benson hasn't fired him is because he has a guaranteed contract - Benson said in a local interview, "I can't fire him; it's too expensive" [paraphrased]. Benson is a cheap SOB. He fills that stadium up regardless of how awful the Saints are, so he doesn't care.

Wow. I was thinking Jim Haslett was the NFC version of Wanny, but he's just an a$$hole. I agree that Wanny was a good guy, Haslett is just an a$$ who won't be a head coach much longer in the NFL.

Jim Haslett criticizing a player is no different from Wanny doing it (except that ill give wanny that for most part he did not criticize players in the press); they should look in the mirror 1st. Anyway yeah, the point is, Jim Hasslett has not shown himself to be a good coach or a good observer of talent so really who cares what he says? :)

kingnate85 said:
What's the matter, Jim? Not in the news enough? I don't think anything this guy says can be taken very seriously. He seems to be a desperate man who will say anything for attention (the whole Pittsburgh thing). Odds are that he is the next coach fired.

seriously though, hes been on the hot seat forever it seems like, theyre waiting for him to do somthing wiht the team and nothing is happenening excpet they missthe playoofs barely every year, i say get rid of him and get a better coach in there, but hey if they wanna hurt their team then thats cool with me :cool:

When Jim Haslett learns how to WIN and become a real coach than he can make comments like the one about Tebucky....until then he needs to STFU.

:yell: :fire:

OOOhh!!!

Some sparks gonna be flyin' on October 30th!!! I'm gonna be there and give Tebucky Jones a standing ovation when they introduce him.

F*** you Haslett! Go Fins!

Back
Top Bottom