MERGED: Jim Haslett Rips Tebucky Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jim Haslett Rips Tebucky Jones

My question is, since Tebucky isn't even on the team anymore, why is he even commenting on the situation?

Jim Jim Jim JJim tsk tsk tsk, talking **** again, well keep in mind you are a decent HC who cant pull his team out of the **** pit they are in despite all thier talent, have fun looking for work after next year, especially have fun when we kick your ***.

Seems kinda strange they get rid of Sammy Knight to bring Jones in, and then when he leaves he slags him off. Haslett was there when Sammy left wasn't he. I would have to agree that Jones is inconsistent , but he does make a lot of plays against the run, which is what we needed after last year. What woories me is this year we will be good against the run, but poor against the pass.

Haslett is another version of D Wannstedt...
Except Wanny was smart enough to leave the NFL!
One thing that you have to keep in mind about J Haslett,,, He is a former W NY (bill) billy goat!!
:yikes:

Marino1983

Saints fan here. You're all right about Haslett---he's a poor coach, and is a jerk with a history of bashing former players. It's almost a bad thing we won those four games at the end of the season last year...without those wins and that little playoff push, Haslett is somebody's linebackers coach now.

But oh well. Here is where my agreement with you all must end.

These comments from Haslett are ironic, because he literally spent months building Tebucky Jones up to be the savior of our defensive backfield. According to Haslett, Jones was lightning-fast and instinctive, able to hit and tackle like a linebacker and cover like a corner. When finally Jones took the field, the reality that emerged couldn't have been further from that Haslett propoganda.

In short, Tebucky Jones, along with Victor Riley, was the worst starter on our team. There was no strength to his game. He couldn't tackle, but he made up for it by being unable to cover or read defenses. His speed was negated by his inability to react to the ball in the air, and watching him run down players in the open field inspired comparisons to that guy in Madden you send diving off-screen when you're trying to select somebody else and get him by accident. He couldn't tackle, as I mentioned; he simply slammed into runners and bounced backwards. Tebucky Jones at safety was like watching a constant looping NFL bloopers reel.

It would have been funny, had he not been our starting free safety.

Jones had one interception in fifteen games in 2003. In 31 games as a Saint, he picked off two passes. In 103 games, most of them under the best defensive coach in the National Football League in New England, he has 6 interceptions---or, what Sammy Knight had in 2001 alone. To provide a clearer comparison:

Sammy Knight has intercepted one pass every 3.6 games.

Tebucky Jones has intercepted one pass every 17.2 games.

Jones has the measurables, but you will not find a more unnatural football player in the National Football League. And though since college he's played runningback, cornerback and free safety, he's never played strong safety. New position. No previous success. Poor tackler, no instincts, poor hands...

I hope you don't have high hopes for him...and I'll leave it at that.

Agua said:
Haslett's a jack@ss, no question.

hummmmmm here we go (hail to haslett 4 get the pass hail to haslett he is a horses ***)lmao:rofl3:

Hey I argee Haslett is an *** but he may actually look smart in this situation becuase if the Dolphins Defense does bad the DB's will get a lot of the blame n he might get a harsh part of the blame

If Haslett was a great coach it would have more clout, but on the other hand a successful coach would do what he did. Haslett is no more then a wanna be coach. If he didn't have the sack to tell Jones that when he was playing for him, then he has not one ounce of clout in my book. He should just keep his pie hole shut, and try for once to get deep in the playoffs!

If Haslett was half the man he claims to be, this would of been brought up to the player while he was there, not after they leave. This guy will never be successful as an NFL coach, because he will never earn the respect, or the loyalty of the players playing for him.

Haslett needs to start acting like a NFL headcoach(professional) and stop bad mouthing ex-players.IMO it makes him sound like a punk.

RaptorBpW said:
Saints fan here. You're all right about Haslett---he's a poor coach, and is a jerk with a history of bashing former players. It's almost a bad thing we won those four games at the end of the season last year...without those wins and that little playoff push, Haslett is somebody's linebackers coach now.

But oh well. Here is where my agreement with you all must end.

These comments from Haslett are ironic, because he literally spent months building Tebucky Jones up to be the savior of our defensive backfield. According to Haslett, Jones was lightning-fast and instinctive, able to hit and tackle like a linebacker and cover like a corner. When finally Jones took the field, the reality that emerged couldn't have been further from that Haslett propoganda.

In short, Tebucky Jones, along with Victor Riley, was the worst starter on our team. There was no strength to his game. He couldn't tackle, but he made up for it by being unable to cover or read defenses. His speed was negated by his inability to react to the ball in the air, and watching him run down players in the open field inspired comparisons to that guy in Madden you send diving off-screen when you're trying to select somebody else and get him by accident. He couldn't tackle, as I mentioned; he simply slammed into runners and bounced backwards. Tebucky Jones at safety was like watching a constant looping NFL bloopers reel.

It would have been funny, had he not been our starting free safety.

Jones had one interception in fifteen games in 2003. In 31 games as a Saint, he picked off two passes. In 103 games, most of them under the best defensive coach in the National Football League in New England, he has 6 interceptions---or, what Sammy Knight had in 2001 alone. To provide a clearer comparison:

Sammy Knight has intercepted one pass every 3.6 games.

Tebucky Jones has intercepted one pass every 17.2 games.

Jones has the measurables, but you will not find a more unnatural football player in the National Football League. And though since college he's played runningback, cornerback and free safety, he's never played strong safety. New position. No previous success. Poor tackler, no instincts, poor hands...

I hope you don't have high hopes for him...and I'll leave it at that.

Interesting take from a Saints fan. Hopefully, SS will be the right fit for him and he can produce up to his potential. If so, Saban is a genius. If not, we're in a lot of trouble in our defensive backfield, unless we can pick up a keeper between now and the start of the season. I'm not excited about Tillman at the other safety position either.

Back
Top Bottom