Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins

i hope he's on board to play center and be a backup all across the board on OL(despite the early papers reports), just wish he could be all that for cheaper

The only memories I have of this guy is him getting beaten again and again around the corner. :eek:

If he was playing out of position, and inexperienced, I can understand how he might/should get better. Still, he would be about the LAST guy I would sign on to play RT. If he can back-up center or guard, then fine.

As a depth move, this is okay. Any thoughts of starting this guy at RT? I see bad things. Bad. Very bad. Close your eyes and turn away bad. :cry:

After edit: Wait, our QB's are both right handed... doh. Mark Brunnell flashback.

Look at ST. CLAIR's stats. If I remember correctly, he allowed a less-than-average amount of sacks, when you consider the # of pass plays St. Louis calls. And picking up an average of 4.5 Yards/run over RT isn't bad, either. Seeing as how we have ZIPPO depth at C, and our obvious choice for starting RT will be out at least 6-8 months (including the time necessary to get back into "playing shape"), then what we got with ST. CLAIR is a competent, solid-enough O-Lman to BOTH back up at C, and "hold the fort" until McINTOSH is ready. After that, he's COMPETENT DEPTH at ALL O-L POSITIONS. To all you clever, self- proclaimed geniuses out there, have I MISSED SOMETHING?

If you don't know what you're talking about, maybe you should first take the time to learn, before you open your stupid mouths and proclaim/confirm your stupidity to the entire universe.

I don't see what everyone is whining about. You sound like a bunch of 3 year olds. He's a back up at center & RT, something we don't have on the roster. He may start a couple games this year until McIntosh is healthy, no biggie.

He's making hardly nothing vs the cap. $300,000 amortized bonus & $455,000 in base. A whole $755,000 vs the cap, whoopy. We could have only signed one veteran to a cap # that low. If he doesn't workout & we cut him next year we'll save close to a $1M.

It's just a depth move, no need the panic, our season isn't over. It's not like we have Philip Rivers playing QB :D

Originally posted by luduporcu
Look at ST. CLAIR's stats. If I remember correctly, he allowed a less-than-average amount of sacks, when you consider the # of pass plays St. Louis calls. And picking up an average of 4.5 Yards/run over RT isn't bad, either. Seeing as how we have ZIPPO depth at C, and our obvious choice for starting RT will be out at least 6-8 months (including the time necessary to get back into "playing shape"), then what we got with ST. CLAIR is a competent, solid-enough O-Lman to BOTH back up at C, and "hold the fort" until McINTOSH is ready. After that, he's COMPETENT DEPTH at ALL O-L POSITIONS. To all you clever, self- proclaimed geniuses out there, have I MISSED SOMETHING?

If you don't know what you're talking about, maybe you should first take the time to learn, before you open your stupid mouths and proclaim/confirm your stupidity to the entire universe.

Clearly you're new here.. that **** won't fly on this board. No need to attack the poster. Secondly, you've clearly never seen him play since you are basing your opinions on stats alone, and stats are misleading. Competent depth in the nfl doesnt get teams to the super bowl.. especially when that "competent depth" is starting. As i said earlier, i will wait until FA is completely done to finally judge this move, but as it stands right now, i am not a fan of it, since i think we could have gotten a better starter(he has been proclaimed the starter early on here), but if he is just a backup then thats fine...however, im a better person than you and won't call you stupid for thinking otherwise... even though your post speaks for itself :)

Originally posted by SMadison29
I don't see what everyone is whining about. You sound like a bunch of 3 year olds. He's a back up at center & RT, something we don't have on the roster. He may start a couple games this year until McIntosh is healthy, no biggie.

He's making hardly nothing vs the cap. $300,000 amortized bonus & $455,000 in base. A whole $755,000 vs the cap, whoopy. We could have only signed one veteran to a cap # that low. If he doesn't workout & we cut him next year we'll save close to a $1M.

It's just a depth move, no need the panic, our season isn't over. It's not like we have Philip Rivers playing QB :D

AMEN, I don't understand some of the reactions either. It's almost embarrasing.

Oliver...

Look on the bright side. We have all of these posters who can step in line and apply for GM job if Spielman gets fired:-} It is a very good sign, not much money spent (about what you would expect for a guy who will compete for a starting job). I also think he is better than all of our lineman released, so I am OK with it.

People are overreacting...Like what other people said...stat wise hes about the same as wade and he saves us that much more $$ for other guys we want to sign (Mr Boston)

Quick Hits... 2004-03-11

[Sun-Sentinel] The agent for Damion McIntosh and the Dolphins are still negotiating a contract for the injured tackle. "We resolved our differences on the initial contract," agent Steve Feldman said. "We are negotiating a new contract now."

The Dolphins and former Bills FB Sammy Morris started contract negotiations Wednesday but didn't reach an agreement.

Miami is said to be strongly pursuing former Pittsburgh punter Josh Miller, who was released Wednesday by the Steelers.

There is also the possibility that the Phins are persuing newly released LT Todd Steussie. Coach Dave Wannstedt mentioned on the Hank Goldberg Show Tuesday that a very good tackle was going to be released shortly. That lineman turned out to be Todd Steussie.

Well since it doesnt kill our cap and he is young and has the potential to improve, and we are getting Mac as well, I am ok with it. It is not like they are looking at him as teh long term solution, he is a stop gap at best. And if he can play all positions, he provides a versatile body that doesnt take up alot of cap. That is value.

Back
Top Bottom