Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins

Originally posted by Section126

I saw this guy play and he sucks.......

That's quite a scouting report you came up with there.

All I want to know is can he open holes for Ricky and is this guy an upgrade from Todd Wade.

I haven't studied his games yet...so, I refuse to trash the guy.

Who has seen him play in a run first system?

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I agree. I think his signing means no McIntosh.

I expect a Stuessie, r M. Collins signing...if not both in the next week or so.

Maybe even Nails.
The Dolphins are close to an agreement to still sign McIntosh to a multiyear contract but are expecting St. Clair to play right tackle this season.
from the link above....

Originally posted by Section126
2.6 million....for a backup..........i doubt it.....

This turd is starting........

2760spielman.bmp

Not good, not good at all.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't see how $600,000 is too much money.....that's all we would be out if we cut him in TC....

600k is a punters salary......

I repeat.....this turd is our starter.

Originally posted by jgarMD
MILE HIGH FIN FAN:

WTF do you have to say to this signing? This FO clearly has lost it. HOw can you sit here with a straight face and say that you have confidence in this team's FO. HOW? This is a f-ing joke, a complete joke. I can bet you that these idiots have this guy penciled in as a starter. I guaranteee you this.
Give in to your anger. Join the dark side:saberfigh

This scouting report makes him sound like a complete waste of space.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=4207&hubName=STL

Highlights..
"Nearly got his quarterback decapitated on several occasions."..

"St. Clair was the goat of the 2002 season"..

"His poor play at right tackle was directly responsible for several of the team's biggest problems"...

"Made constant mistakes as a starter"...

"Got poor positioning on defenders and was always off balance"..

Wow!..does Spielman know something that no one else knows about this guy?

Originally posted by jgarMD
MILE HIGH FIN FAN:

WTF do you have to say to this signing? This FO clearly has lost it. HOw can you sit here with a straight face and say that you have confidence in this team's FO. HOW? This is a f-ing joke, a complete joke. I can bet you that these idiots have this guy penciled in as a starter. I guaranteee you this.

Wow.....I guess my posts at the tread "If this team passes on Boston......." must've struck a nerve with somebody....
cough..jgarMD..cough
:lol:

What I say to this signing is that it's a fine signing for depth/insurance purposes.
Unlike you, I won't go running around yelling "THE SKY IS FALLING" at the top of my lungs.
But no, you'd rather do that right now....before FA & Draft is even over....not to mention June 1....
(You're 100% right & FO is 100% wrong......get REAL)...

PS - go find another team to root for.... :roflmao:

i think this is the guy miami expects to play for mcintosh if he needs extra time to recover from the surgury going into the regular season

I think St. Clair will end up being this years version of what Seth McKinney was last year. An OL's 6th man.

This signing proves yet again that our front office can't negotiate for ****. There is absolutely no reason to give this guy 2.6 million over 2 years. He sucks and I can't believe we are paying him this much money.

I actually can't believe we signed him. I can't believe we are planning on starting him. The right side of the line is going to be a disaster this season. I was against resigning Wade, and still am (Houston overpaid for an average RT), but we are a lot weaker at RT than we were before. We could have gotten someone better.

St. Clair was the goat of the 2002 season. He wasn't ready for a starting job, and his poor play at right tackle was directly responsible for several of the team's biggest problems, including Kurt Warner's re-aggravated hand injury. He's back on the bench this season.
I know Fiedler is a decent scrambler. How's Feely's footwork?

St. Claire got 2.6 for 2 years, not 1

600,000 signing bonus (Cap hit of 300,000) and if base salary is minimum for 1st year his TOtal cap hit is less then 1 million.

That is not too much for a guy that can back up every position on the line. Right now we have no Back up center and I think this is one of the main reasons we signed him.

At the very least, as someone posted, he didn't give up any more sacks than Wade if you go by Pass attempts. And is slightly cheaper than Wade!! (by saying this I am NOT saying he is as good as Wade, but I don't think he is 4 Million a year worse than Wade)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
This signing proves yet again that our front office can't negotiate for ****. There is absolutely no reason to give this guy 2.6 million over 2 years. He sucks and I can't believe we are paying him this much money.

Spielamn wasn't willing to overpay for Woodt but he was willing to pay this guy? Maybe Wanny should go back to being the GM.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
This scouting report makes him sound like a complete waste of space.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=4207&hubName=STL

Highlights..
"Nearly got his quarterback decapitated on several occasions."..

"St. Clair was the goat of the 2002 season"..

"His poor play at right tackle was directly responsible for several of the team's biggest problems"...

"Made constant mistakes as a starter"...

"Got poor positioning on defenders and was always off balance"..

Wow!..does Spielman know something that no one else knows about this guy?

you forgot one
Career potential Adequate backup.

Back
Top Bottom