Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JOHN St. Claire signs with Phins

Unless there has been a breakdown in the Dolphins attempts to get Steussie, this is most likely not the final move at this position.

Wannstedt spoke of a player they had their eyes on getting who was getting released soon (now has) so they definetely were interested in getting Steussie. He's still out there so the possibilities for him signing here are still alive.

While St. Claire did receive a handsome amount of money in my opinion, there is still a chance he is not going to be the starter unless the Dolphins completely miss out on the players still out there.

Unfortunately, the way our luck has turned out the last 3 years in trying to sign O-line players, it wouldn't surprise me if we did lose out on all the players we wanted to sign.

Guys you have to relax I'm sure we will hear more News as this story develops. I dont think this is the guy Wanny was referring to. I still think Steussie will be the guys we chase after and If anythings this is Wade Smith Back up.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
UNBELIEVABLE, well you can change the gameplan from
ricky right
ricky left
ricky middle
to
ricky left
ricky middle
because everything to the right will be a 3 yard loss, this is devastating news, especially with steussie being released today. PRAYING for a fast recovery for McIntosh

Stats.com is down right now, but I checked yesterday and in 2002, when St. Clair started 16 games at RT, Faulk averaged 4.6 running to the right. IIRC. He averaged at least 4.5 in all three directions though. It doesn't look to me like St. Clair is the instant disaster some are making him out to be.
The Marvez article says 4 other teams were also interested in him. So we weren't the only one that saw something in him.

Originally posted by MrClean

Stats.com is down right now, but I checked yesterday and in 2002, when St. Clair started 16 games at RT, Faulk averaged 4.6 running to the right. IIRC.
Other than James, you haven't signed players who were good last year.

Yeah Boston was also great n 2001.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
Other than James, you haven't signed players who were good last year.

Yeah Boston was also great n 2001.

Howard and Akins both played very well last year. Nice try.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
This scouting report makes him sound like a complete waste of space.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/teams/player_bio.asp?player_id=4207&hubName=STL

Highlights..
"Nearly got his quarterback decapitated on several occasions."..

"St. Clair was the goat of the 2002 season"..

"His poor play at right tackle was directly responsible for several of the team's biggest problems"...

"Made constant mistakes as a starter"...

"Got poor positioning on defenders and was always off balance"..

Wow!..does Spielman know something that no one else knows about this guy?

Well at least he is not worst than Todd Wade...

Flaws: Can get knocked off balance when pass blocking. Has the feet and quickness to play the left side but is better off on the right.

He is still young with upside.Alot people believe the guy had potential to be a very good OT when he had his chance in '02.Most of you guys are overreacting.

I can see panicing over signing a 3rd string qb to take us to the superbowl nxt year, but lets relax about signing some depth in the OL.

We got some spots to fill. No big deal.

Thanks Bigo, for the news..

Wow, where is Fin-atic when need him... ;)

This makes sense...He only signed on for 2 years and he is making peanuts compared to what other OT's are getting right now...If he were a keeper, the Fins wouldnt be only offering him a 2 year...That way they are not obligated for a long time and Damion has time to get ready to play

I am definitely overreacting and i have no problem admitting it... i've been waiting for boston/steussie etc... since we all know we are interested, and then i saw this guy who i will always remember for the one game where he kept getting beat in 2002 and the coaches actually took him on the side and were explaining how to block in the middle of the game and he went back out there and kept getting beat.

I know hats not fair to him and i am getting carried away, but i just dont see this as depth since the two articles we've seen have labelled him as the starting RT. I think it's too much money to pay him if he was going to backup, and obviously it's not the youth we love about him or it would have been a long term deal if we saw that much potential in him at center/tackle. I'm hoping it all works out. Maybe they needed to go a little cheap here to spend more money at guard and bring in boston? Maybe steussie is still an option, Maybe we lost McIntosh?... either way i feel we could have done better than st. clair depth/starter, whatever. i dont know yet-- but i will let the rest of FA play out before i re-address my feelings on this move. I don't have rose colored glasses like many on this board, nor am i an eternal pessimist like others, right now, i dont like the move, thats all. I'm entitled to that

carolina fans cant get Steussie outta there fast enough. apparently he holds and is off sides to the point the fans HATE him

Back
Top Bottom