MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami

Very effective against the run but not a pass rushing guy

I'd get him and keep timbo healthy

MrClean said:

Traylor was drafted in 1991 by Denver as a 260 lb MLB. He has since expanded slightly in size.

no way

That's exactly what this D needs a run stuffing T. I would love to get him.

Its difficult to find a veteran DT without chronic injury problems.Traylor is one of those.

As much as I hate to admit it because I am a big fan of his I think Timbo is done.

IMO Traylor would be good insurance until we draft a DT next year.There will be a lot of good ones available.Sign him up for a couple of years.

I think it would be awesome if he does join us. I do believe that he will since we are prob the only team that will be allowing him alot of PT.

If it is the end of Timbo, I hope he retires and we don't release him. I want him to retire a Phin.

ON GOING AGAINST KEITH TRAYLOR Good player. Quick first step. Played him once. The th

I like Traylor, but i hope it won't mean the end of Timbo. He's a link to Shula.

This is from an SI piece from the Super Bowl. I wanted to link it, but i was unable to do so.

Hank Fraley on Traylor: "Good player. Quick first step. Played him once. The thing I remember is when he wants to bring it, he's extremely hard to move. With him, my goal is to get a stalemate."

Nublar7 said:
Wow, you actually searched back a few posts to see what I said before. I didn't know I was so popular. :lol:

What I mean is that talent wise he is down the road, but his size would be a big plus for us. Only reason I am changing my tune about signing him is that with each passing day it looks more and more like Chester and Bowens won't be 100%(Bowens might not even play). He would be a decent one or two year fill in until Saban can groom someone young.

I just remembered seeing it. it is something that i find funny. when someone asks about a player. and all the responses people give(not you just people in general) are "he's old", "were suppost to be getting younger not older", and on and on. but then when it looks like we will get some of those players. then everyone changes there tune to he is a great player, good pickup, things like that. I mean stick to your feelings don't change them based on the circumstances.

godfater21 said:
I just remembered seeing it. it is something that i find funny. when someone asks about a player. and all the responses people give(not you just people in general) are "he's old", "were suppost to be getting younger not older", and on and on. but then when it looks like we will get some of those players. then everyone changes there tune to he is a great player, good pickup, things like that. I mean stick to your feelings don't change them based on the circumstances.

IMO we should be getting younger, but guys like Traylor are good guys for the locker room, good to have around the young players at their position (namely Vickerson), and Traylor is still productive. We sign him for one year, and we dump him.

We need to get younger, but at the same time we need good veteran players.

godfater21 said:

It's happened plenty of times to me, but hey people are conditional. If they think their team does it must be a great move.

i love this signing too, i think he will be great in a very very solid rotation. i really hope we sign him and i will very upset if some team comes up and signs him before we do

Back
Top Bottom