MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami

Nublar7 said:
Age: 34(He would probably be a one or two year guy anyways)

Height: 6-2

Weight: 340 (Good big man in the middle. :D )

He has been a starter almost his entire career and it doesn't look like he gets injured that much if at all.

Nublar7 said:
He is 35 years old. I don't think he would be that great of a pickup.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78483&highlight=keith+traylor+released

So which is it Nublar7 is he "a good big man" or "not a great pickup"

Surferosa said:
Wow. So we ARE interested in a big fat guy. I was convinced that Saban liked his DT's lean and mean. I guess its going to take some more time to figure Nick out, eh?

When you have more gaps than down linemen you need as much mass as you can get.

What's always been interesting to me about Traylor is that he was originally an ILB out of college - came into the league at 6'2 and about 260 or so. Guess he just couldn't stop eating. Turned into a down DE in the 3-4 at Denver then a DT/NT some 80 pounds later!

You ever wonder what will happen to these guys when they get out of football - out of shape - and still keep eating? This guy could probably go to 380, three months after his retirement!

But, he would be a very good pick up given the health questions about both Bowens and Chester. Quite a run stuffing NT.

finsnchips said:
good big man refers to his size... not a great pickup refers to his talent - well, that's my interpretation.

It would be a nice pickup... but then if T-Bo and Chester are healthy he would be wasted IMO.

don't forget that we might be cutting Bowens or Chester before June 1st to save money

patsdynasty said:
wow its looking like miami might become patriots nation south beach.....
with law and tbuck maybe heading there, tebuckey jones there and chris akins already there...

traylor is a good one, i would of liked him to stay but wilfork has exceeded all expectations and the pats are counting on ethan kelly to step up more....

The pats are just cheap. Eventually there frugal ways are going to come back to haunt them. They won't be able to play defense with wr's at corner back forever. This season will be the end of the dynasty. sorry to break the news to you.

Trayler fits the Fins for 2 reasons...one is that he is a big man that can play in the situational 3-4 middle DL spot. Two is that he can provide a rotation for Chester and Bowens when in the traditional 4-3 scheme. He cannot be considered a season long starter. Too old. But he does add some depth that we need on the DL and some flexibility on the DL to work in various schemes to the D. The price will have to be right (that includes the length of the contract too). I see him signing on for a year and then moving on or retiring. Zgonia doesn't really fit here any longer. He is not very good as a DE (gets bagged by the speed rushers) and wears out quickly. I also don't see him making the roster.

I think the only reason we are considering this is Saban doubts the health of TimBo and Chester........ If we signed Traylor, it wouldnt be for more than 2 years until we got a younger DT into the mix. Next year, there are very very good DT and OT's in the first round, so I wouldnt be suprised if this is a 2-3 year contract where we could cut him after 1-2 years and not take a cap hit.

IMO if we sign Traylor, this might mean the end to Zgonina, who is VERY undersized, and D. Bowens who did not want to restructure his contract. Figure our DTs would be Carter, Traylor, TimBo, Chester, Romero, Zgonina, and maybe Vickerson...... with Taylor, Roth, Holliday, and DBo at the ends. I highly doubt we have 10 Dlineman on the roster especially with Carter as a pivot man who can play DT in a 4-3 and DE in 3-4 fronts.

nick19991 said:
don't forget that we might be cutting Bowens or Chester before June 1st to save money
Are you sure we save money? I thought TimBo was carrying around 1 mil in dead cap.... I dont know what his restructured contract was though........

HelloMotto said:
The pats are just cheap. Eventually there frugal ways are going to come back to haunt them. They won't be able to play defense with wr's at corner back forever. This season will be the end of the dynasty. sorry to break the news to you.

I agree. Their run is over. They have gotten all the breaks for the last three years. They are bound to have some injuries that will crush their hopes. Like maybe Brady??????????????? That would be a crying shame.

mfja9977 said:
I agree. Their run is over. They have gotten all the breaks for the last three years. They are bound to have some injuries that will crush their hopes. Like maybe Brady??????????????? That would be a crying shame.
Their run may or may not be over. I for one am not going to bet on it though...

I truthfully do not want them to have ANY injuries. In this day and age too many teams use that as excuses. I just want them to lose games being totally healthy. That is when we KNOW their run is over.

As to the topic of this thread.... I reiterate a lot of what was already said... for the right price, he would be a good pickup. Would help with our DT rotation.

Demented Dolfan said:
He is a bit old:shakeno:
Although I agree he is old, he is healthier than TimBo and Chester who are both younger..... I would take health over age anyday.

Plus, he wont be signed for more than 2 years (even if its a 4 year deal, its backloaded where we can cut him after 2 years with minimal cap implications)

Back
Top Bottom