MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Keith Traylor Could Sign With Miami

DonShula84 said:
You need a big fat guy in a 3-4

Yeah thats what I thought. Then Saban effectively ignored the position over the last few months of FA and the draft.

I imagine it will be for little more than the league minimum with some incentives. Hes 35 and wont see any huge contract which he'll never succeed to play out and honor.

If were thinkin of signing Traylor this could mean that bowens or Chester are gone after june 1st

stan marino said:
If were thinkin of signing Traylor this could mean that bowens or Chester are gone after june 1st

why would they release two players who took a paycut

When did they take pay cuts? And how often do u think Bowens will be able to play with a bad back...?

For a $1 million or less contract, I'd love to see Traylor clogging up the middle of the line. That would certainly cover the Dolphins if Timbo goes down again with the back injury. Chester is still a question mark too.

Someone should tell Nick Saban that he is supposed to be "rebuilding" not putting vet players on a team like he was planning on a playoff push! :D

I just can't see Saban going into a season hoping to scrap together 7-8 wins, I just don't see that in his nature. I think he wants this team to be competitive from Day One.

stan marino said:
When did they take pay cuts? And how often do u think Bowens will be able to play with a bad back...?

they both took pay cuts months ago. It is rare in the nfl to give someone a paycut and then cut them june 1st

Do u have a link for these pay cuts? I am drawing a blank on this one.

If Traylor is signed it would probably mean the end of Zgonina here & I'm not sure I'd do that. Zgonina would be a good 3-4 DE.

stan marino said:
Do u have a link for these pay cuts? I am drawing a blank on this one.

I'm not sure where a link is but I can second the fact. I do remember them taking cuts -- I think it was one of the first things Saban did contract wise.

I like Traylor but he's 35, that's pretty disappointing but he'd be a step up from doing nothing.

He would be a solid pickup.It probably means that Saban is not counting on having both Bowens or Chester available.It is my guess that Bowens will retire or be cut.

Back
Top Bottom