Merged: Lendale White | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Lendale White

He's a lot more fit for the NFL. He's a big guy and he is a dang good runner. He showed everyone in the Rose Bowl how could of a back he could be. Packers may just reach for him with their first round pick.

Phew. I thought all the Reggie Bush fans were going to start throwing rocks at me.

I also think he is going to jump a few spots in the draft. If I was going to take ANY RB in the draft.... I think I would take White. I would take him over Bush, Maroney, and Williams.

I dont know if its a good move or not for Lendale to enter the draft. I think next year with a full year of being USC's starting RB, he might have been one of the top picks in the draft. However USC is losing talent so they wont be as strong next year as they were this year..... so there is pull in both directons for/against Lendale to enter the draft.

He'll go between 8 and 20.

The Patriots are another team who want him.

Boomer said:

You think they are going to throw the towl on Dillon? I know he got injured this year but he began to play well again once he recovered...and as a time-share option, well they wouldn't form a flash/thunder type combo, IMO.

Boomer said:

I will take it a step further than Boomer. Personally, I think he is going to be the 2nd RB taken in the draft behind Bush.

And if the Pats get him, it doesnt mean they are throwing the towel on Dillion. Dillion is what 31-32 years old? They are drafting Dillon's replacement. You use Lendale as your change of pace back and Dillon's backup for 2 years, at that time, Dillon is 32-34 years old and probably ready to call it quits and you have a fresh, slightly broken in back who knows your offense and got to watch for 2 years before jumping into a starting role.

IF Lendale even makes it to the Pats, I think he might be a steal at that spot that late in the 1st round.

Boomer said:

I think to the Packers at #5 is not out of the question. This is going to turn into another Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams thing. They went #2 and #5. I think Bush and White will go #3 and #5. I do see the Pack falling heavily in love with him and viewing him as the quickest way to get back in contention and to help out Aaron Rodgers. Ahman is pretty much a goner there.

ckparrothead said:
I think to the Packers at #5 is not out of the question. This is going to turn into another Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams thing. They went #2 and #5. I think Bush and White will go #3 and #5. I do see the Pack falling heavily in love with him and viewing him as the quickest way to get back in contention and to help out Aaron Rodgers. Ahman is pretty much a goner there.

Makes sense CK....But what if they went OL first and then running back in the second round? There's some decent running backs that should be there early in the second round.

fishypete said:
Makes sense CK....But what if they went OL first and then running back in the second round? There's some decent running backs that should be there early in the second round.

At #5, the only OL worth that high is Ferguson. If Ferguson is taken at #4, then the packers taking an OT at #5 would be a big reach as of right now.

I hope he ends up as a Packer. Green Bay needs some help, and Ahman Green isn't getting any younger. His numbers have dropped every year.

Hopefully, Green Bay also takes Terrell Owens (Terrell Owens + Jevon Walker as the 1 and 2 receiver, sounds good to me). I want to see Brett Favre go out in a bang (that's if, Favre decides to comeback).

Philter25 said:
At #5, the only OL worth that high is Ferguson. If Ferguson is taken at #4, then the packers taking an OT at #5 would be a big reach as of right now.

I can agree with that to a point...the Packers have many needs....several on the O-line....receiver....and running back....and thats just obviously on the offensive side. I could see them trading back to a mid round team...and taking either a OT or OG. Gilles or McNeil should be available then....so should a couple receivers. Of course it's early yet and the players haven't settled in to their "real" spots in the draft.

I think the Packers take him at #5...I don't see him getting past the Cardinals at #10.

I could see the Patriots making a play to move up and get him if...I hope they don't though.

Reggie Bush is, has been, and will be a superior player to Lendale White. Every once in a while a game developed where White's strengths were magnified and Reggie's were diminished and fans would whisper that Lendale would be the superior pro. A couple of friends of mine at USC would then email or call me laughing like hell.

Reggie Bush has very rare, once a decade, instincts and elusiveness in the Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders mode. Lendale White has a nice but not amazing combo of size, power and speed. It's true Reggie played a bit soft in the Rose Bowl taking everything to the outside. Before that the conventional wisdom was he had improved greatly as an inside runner this year.

Texas had been vulnerable to outside runs all year so IMO Reggie knew that and thought he could bust big plays around the flank. Other than one play Texas was megaprepared and walled him off.

I'm not overreacting to that. My focus is always long term superiority and blue chip status. Reggie Bush was surreal in the Army all star game on ESPN after his senior year in high school, and identical throughout college. Doubt his ability and he will prove you wrong in the end zone.

White : 197att 1302yds 6.6avg 24tds rushing 14catches 219yds 2 tds

Bush: 200att 1740yds 8.7avg 16tds rushing 37catches 478yds 2 tds

I think their stats are interesting. Bush has a lot higher average yds per carry but White has more rushing tds. I guess it depends on what team takes White, if he goes to a team that gives him a decent amount of redzone chances and has a quality power oline he could have a better career.
I think the GB taking him at 5 is a little out there. White has good size and should be a solid pro but I dont think having a good half in the Rose Bowl makes him better than other guys in the draft. Im not sure if hes a workout, 40time stud if he is then he might jump alot but I think 5 is a stretch. If GB has him targeted they should trade down out of the top 10 and still get him plus extra picks.

Back
Top Bottom