Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no way that Nick Saban could have been held responsible for accountable for holding up the end of a deal made by a previous regime. This is a business and Sam should look out for himself first and foremost and he decided to take a chance by making a deal with a management group that was on shaky ground. He took the chance he suffers the consequences.

WestCoastPhins said:
Here is a question to all of you. I am sure you have all by now heard madisons talkings about how this is his last year as a fin. if you havent, where have you been.

But the question can be asked whos fault was it that the orgainizations promise to him was broken. If you did not know the front office told sam if he took a pay cut they would use that savings to sign surtain.

Madison took the cut, and then wanny and rick were fired and saban took over. Saban then traded pat. So now we have madison refusing to take a pay cut because he was lied to before. So whose fault is it?

Vote above:

Wanny and Rick
: for promising sam somthing and not finishing up on the deal
Saban: for not following through on the promise and resigning pat.
Rick S. only: For trading the 2nd round pick for feeley which we then traded pat for to get one back.
Sam: For realising it was someone else who made the promise and he should not hold this regime responsible. Although it was the same ownership that promised it would do somthing with his money.
And as a kicker, sams former agent: for not adding the stipulation that if pat is not resigned then the money goes back to sam.
and finally, drew R.: We all know and hate him, he is now sams agent and probably telling him dont take a pay cut they werent loyal. Look at eagles and TO man. (blah blah other drew rosenstab blab, blah blah).

??? I was not aware that he accepted a pay cut. I know in the past that he said he wouldn't. I feel certain he'll be asked to take one this year. I even googled it and found nothing on it.

ohall said:
Saban made no promise to Madison. I could never figure out what Madison was whining about. If he is upset he needs to blame the previous ppl who ran the Dolphins not Saban.

+1.

Big boy rules.

There's no crying in football.........

Unless you're name's Manny Wright.:lol:

You know -- I change my vote. The answer is that Wayne is to blame. First, he is the owner and is responsible for any promises made on the part of the organization. More importantly, he's the guy who kept Dave around two seasons too long and set up Rick to be in a situation where he had to be more of a gambler than a true GM by giving him the reins in a situation where Rick knew he had to find a way to win with a ******* coach who had screwed the team in his stint as HC/GM. As you may be able to tell, I blame Rick for *nothing*. He didn't make the best moves in the world, but I think most people would do exactly what he did if they were given the job they deserved under such dire circumstances.

I'd blame Bush, but I'd probably have the IRS audit me, Homeland Security tap my phone and have me followed and Karl Rove blow my wife's cover as a CIA agent so I'm just going to go with Wanny and Spielman...lol.

I can't believe people are actually making a big deal out of this supposed promise Wannstedt made to Sam. Most of the moves Wannstedt made put us in last year's 4-12 mess and should therefore be considered null and void. Coach Saban is doing an awesome job and he can do whatever he wants with this team because I have complete confidence in him.

I blame Wanny and Rick for bringing in both fiedler and feeley those two worthless qbs who are 3rd stringers at best in my opinion hell if it wasnt for them we wouldve had drew brees but who did we get .we got fletcher and he got traded away so thanks alot wannstedt and spielman.

dolphan117 said:
I blame Clinton.

:sidelol: I love that one. The real fault was the game of chicken played with Sam in the 1st place, which was done by signing Howard for way too much money. Howard's contract is the main reason Surtain is gone.

I think we'll keep Sam, we need a vet leader at corner.

About this guy's character? This guys has been a cornerstone of this defense for 9+ years...Does he deserve the money he is getting....no. He isn't a #1 CB in my mind, especially in Saban's defense. I wish he would except less money to comeback, because his 2nd half has been awesome.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Travis Daniels + Will Poole = Patrick Surtain + Sam Madison

The two starting cornerbacks for 2006 along with Tebucky Jones and Lance Schulters

not really sad to me if he was a true dolphin he needs to realize like he said its a business and he earns 3.5 million next and said he is not willing to take a pay cut so that means he is putting himself before the team he has been in league 9 years he has made more than enough money than i'm sure he dreamed about. thats why the pats are so good they dont have and i hate to say this but players like madison who wont take a pay cut for the team to win certainly he isnt playing like he worth 3.5 mill thats for sure but he has been solid. i've always loved madison and always supported him but he has lost some and he doesnt deserve 3.5 so the then he has to go. thats just the way it is

Give me a break. It doesn't even make sense financially to cut him.

Back
Top Bottom