Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison Poll/doesn't expect to return (link)

What will happen to Madison?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is most likely going to happen to Madison?

I think he will be cut or traded, preferably traded since we can get some draft picks out of him.

I doubt we trade him. For some reason I get the feeling that Madison may give us a hard time trying to trade him. It would be better for both parties just to let him walk.

i think a cut is more likely than a trade if you consider his salary. if we dont want to pay him, why would another team want to...on top of giving up something in a trade?

Maynard said:
i think a cut is more likely than a trade if you consider his salary. if we dont want to pay him, why would another team want to...on top of giving up something in a trade?

Well there is the possibility of a re-negotiated contract agreed upon prior to the trade. But that's where it starts getting complicated. I don't know if Saban will want to get involved with anything that will keep the Dolphins organization strung out, waiting for something to get done.

Based on his statements, and presuming he sticks to them and doesnt accept a restructure, I think he gets traded like pat last year. Saban isnt going to cut him since he has some trade value.

Saban made no promise to Madison. I could never figure out what Madison was whining about. If he is upset he needs to blame the previous ppl who ran the Dolphins not Saban.

Voted other because there was plenty of blame to go around. Howard was signed already, so blame Sam for being stupid and restructuring on a promise the team could afford Surtain in 2006. Blame the former agent for not putting anything in contract increasing Sam's money if Surtain not signed, because Sam would be the teams #1 CB. Especially blame Spielman, Sam, & agent for not working out deal before Howard signed and allowing the team to keep promise to sign Surtain in 2006. Then the team would have committed less money to a nickel CB instead of the money given to Howard as the expected #2 CB (Sam would have to be traded if he didn't restructure).

Back
Top Bottom